Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Just another terrible Supervettes thread (I know these are getting old) ...I'll keep

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 11:33 PM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Just another terrible Supervettes thread (I know these are getting old) ...I'll keep

Just to get my experience out in the open and to help others not make the mistake I did and spend money with a company run by a dishonest individual with no integrity I'll try to stick straight to the facts.
- Nov 3, 2016 ordered a Supervettes primed GT6X carbon spoiler. *supposed to be 2 weeks. *see pic
- Nov 18th still no spoiler..just more excuses. *see pic
- At this time the car is down while I finish up the Supervettes fenders, new wheels and tires, and wrap.
- End of April I inform Jason that once installed my $1100 carbon spoiler has a wave on the rear facing mounting surface that just looks bad. Jason agrees to send another spoiler.
- June 21, 2017 I inquire on the status of the new spoiler..Jason tells me he's backed up and asked what my deadline is.
- July 20, 21 I inquire again and the response is, "I'll send the new one next week with a return label." *see pic. *also removed the spoiler and sent new pics of the underside since my new one was incoming shortly.
- July 25th...more excuses...almost like he didn't remember he said hes have it out the week before. Wtf. *see pics
- August 8th I decide to sell my Z06 and buy an AMG GTS. I inform Jason and let him know my plan. Still no issue sending a new spoiler as I'm SURE he wants not only me to be happy but the new owner of this incredible car. . *now keep in mind I'm still not pissed about all of this nonsense.
- Sept 1 Jason pretends he didn't "know I still wanted an undamaged spoiler to replace my bad one." *I sluff it off. *see pic
- Sept 18 I inquire again and same BS. Says he "will get a new one out as soon as I can." *remindes me he thought "I didn't need it." More BS.
- Oct 18th I remind him the car is sold and being picked soon and I wanted to provide the new owner a complete package. ...like Jason and I agreed to. Jason wants me to give him the new owners contact. After all this ridiculousness I definitely didn't want to saddle the new owner with the lies and BS associated with dealing with Jason so I declined and told him I'd get it to him when I received it. Jason agrees. *see pic
- Nov 7th I ask how the replacement is doing. Jason replies, "almost ready." *another lie. *see pic
- Dec 8th I ask "how's the spoiler coming." No response
- Dec 9th again I ask. *no response *see pic
- Dec 21 STILL no response. At this moment as you can imagine I'm losing my cool. I realize he's 100% full of it.
His response when I basically call him out on his lies.

"It would be a lot easier if you would have just shipped it back for repair, we are constantly backlogged, I can fix that / paint it and fill a pending order, but getting ahead and sending a new spoiler out without charging a core for when that comes back is next to impossible. Sorry, just being honest." NOW HES "JUST BEING HONEST!" Seriously!!

NOW this idiot wants me to remove the junk one and send it for a repair! Lie after lie after lie.
At this point he starts blaming ME for it like I possibly could have put a wave in a solid piece of carbon. Pfffsch!

Things to consider:
I have purchased 2 Supervettes widebody fender kits for 2 separate C6Z builds as well as a set of 20 " Forgestar wheels for this build all from Jason so I'm not some random guy asking for favors. I'm a long time customer and Jason uses my car on his FB, IG and website for advertising.
There were absolute no assumptions made on my part since day one. I was very clear about what I wanted and how I'd like to proceed.
If this was a $349 EBay spoiler Ida counted my blessings and run the piece as is. It's NOT it's a $1100 piece of carbon and I should be able to expect the highest quality product with zero excuses. Imo of course.

I'm in the car modifying business. I know how it goes. I'm a car guy to the very end of my rope. I bend over backwards for my customers and NEVER make excuses for my product. I should be able to expect the same??

Anyway I'm just hoping to put this out there so others know what dealing with Supervettes is really like. I'm sure Jason will habe his story but mark my words....these screenshots are unedited and the fact stands that Jason promised multiple times to ship me a new product to replace his defective one.

Thanks for reading GENTS!

Last edited by triblk6spd; 12-26-2017 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:01 AM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

The car I'm speaking of. 5500 original mile LPE 660 with everything in mint condition. The buyer paid top dollar for a truly one of a kind Corvette. Hence the want to offer the buyer a perfect Supervettes spoiler.

Old 12-27-2017, 12:25 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by triblk6spd
The car I'm speaking of. 5500 original mile LPE 660 with everything in mint condition. The buyer paid top dollar for a truly one of a kind Corvette. Hence the want to offer the buyer a perfect Supervettes spoiler.

I did not read the long thread,but that is a awasome Black vette...
Old 06-13-2018, 10:59 AM
SketchyVette
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Reviving the old thread, she is partially white now and I still want to get the spoiler sorted out. I guess I need to start pestering Supervettes to see what can be done about this spoiler. ��

Old 08-30-2018, 02:37 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

Are you Supervettes? Is this your only ID?
Old 08-30-2018, 02:38 PM
SketchyVette
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jrhunkler
Funny how conversations like this can be manipulated to push a one sided conclusion.

I have over 200 happy spoiler customers, more than half were delivered in finished visible clearcoated carbon fiber, and less than a handful of replaced spoilers due to shipping damages, etc. Not a single warrantied spoiler due to structural damage. Customer fails to mention he requested the spoiler to be sent in raw carbon fiber (his shop prepped / clearcoated / wrapped it) - since he was a previous customer, I agreed to take care of what is a defect caused by incorrectly sanding the “edge” of the backside / bottom of the spoiler. Easy fix on our end. However, customer refused to send the spoiler back for repair and/or replacement, and also refused to pay for a new one until the original spoiler was returned. With backorders waiting to be filled, and following every standard return policy in any industry, we simply could not ship out product without payment or returned item via RMA.

Despite this contorted review, we will not under any circumstances change this policy.

To the new owner: we would be more than happy to fix or replace the spoiler, but as mentioned above, it must be returned before hand or a new one will be shipped upon payment and then refunded once the original is returned. Two spoilers cannot under any circumstances be shipped with payment for one item based on a trust system. As many other vendors have found out over time, it just doesn’t work. We have to protect ourselves, and this is nothing personal against said customer. It’s simple and standard policy.

if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call me at (561) 290-0578 / Jason

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the response. I'll ping you here soon and get you paid for a replacement and will ship the other to you guys. 👍🏼

One other thing, when chat I would like to buy replacement LED backup lights, one of the little housings cracked and came apart and I'd like to replace them. Hopefully you guys can sell me that part separately.

-Nick

Get notified of new replies

To Just another terrible Supervettes thread (I know these are getting old) ...I'll keep