Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Beware of CorvetteMods avoid like the plague.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 02:06 PM
S**ttersFull
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Beware of CorvetteMods avoid like the plague.

AVOID CORVETTEMODS

I called up last week before New Years and placed an order after assurances all the items would ship Tuesday(yesterday) and get here by this Friday but one item coming from TX I'd need to pay $40 overnight shipping on to be here.

So here we are Wednesday, 2 of the 6 items have shipped but nothing else has. I call customer service and am told the rest of the order will ship on the 11th(wayyyy past this Friday.. the day I was promised the items would BE HERE). When I asked to cancel the order(since the tracking # said labels had been printed but items were not in hands of UPS/Fedex yet) I was told I could not and if I either refused the delivery or tried to send the items back I would not be refunded either.

The whole point of me spending $40 to overnight one item(that I must have for the other item I ordered to work) was so everything got their on Friday after they said it would at time of ordering. They refused to cancel the order, they refused to even refund me the shipping cost difference. She then without me requesting it cancelled the rest of my order.. So I paid $40 shipping on some gasket seals I now do not need and now have to order elsewhere the other parts along with cancelling both appointments at the shop the parts were heading to.

I should have read the yelp reviews. This place is horrible and clearly does not care about the customer, save yourself a ton of hassle and avoid these dipshits.

Last edited by S**ttersFull; 01-03-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:33 PM
PainfullySlow
Burning Brakes

Received 361 Likes on 228 Posts

Sorry that you had such a bad experience. From what I have read here and on other forums they are a nightmare to deal with. There are literally dozens of posts about their horrible business on this forum alone.

Sorry that you got shafted.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:47 PM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,003 Posts

The Yelp reviews are butt ugly, all 21 of them.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:49 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by S**ttersFull
AVOID CORVETTEMODS

I should have read the yelp reviews. This place is horrible and clearly does not care about the customer, save yourself a ton of hassle and avoid these dipshits.

pay with a credit card? dispute the charges...
Old 01-03-2018, 07:37 PM
js1977
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I used to live in Fort Worth and when I first ordered my C7 I saw that this company was local. So one day I thought I’d drive over and see their store in person. Their shop (at least in 2014/15) was in a airplane hanger on a small local airport (single engine planes). I walked in and was quickly informed that they only do internet sales. I was kind of disappointed to have a store so close and not be able to purchase without having it mailed to me. It just wasn’t worth it since I was already having to pay sales tax.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:40 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

They haven't been a vendor here for quite awhile
Old 01-04-2018, 08:55 AM
S**ttersFull
Instructor

Originally Posted by redvetracr
pay with a credit card? dispute the charges...
From YELP it seems when you dispute the charges they charge your card a time or two again.(says a lot about who runs the place) and being I used one of the cards I use mostly for buying stuff for my store I'd have to do a chargeback and then cancel the card, just not worth the hassle.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:57 AM
S**ttersFull
Instructor

Originally Posted by js1977
I used to live in Fort Worth and when I first ordered my C7 I saw that this company was local. So one day I thought I’d drive over and see their store in person. Their shop (at least in 2014/15) was in a airplane hanger on a small local airport (single engine planes). I walked in and was quickly informed that they only do internet sales. I was kind of disappointed to have a store so close and not be able to purchase without having it mailed to me. It just wasn’t worth it since I was already having to pay sales tax.
That's because they are apparently a middle man and nothing more. I doubt any product is actually in their "warehouse" and I doubt they do any of the shipping. You call, order something and they then send that order to one of their suppliers so when this guy told me it'd ship on Tuesday he was talking out his rear because he had no way of knowing if the items were even in stock which a couple clearly were not and were made to order items only that took 2 weeks.

---

C3 owner here if that matters.

Last edited by S**ttersFull; 01-04-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:58 AM
2500 hd
Race Director

Received 364 Likes on 231 Posts
St. Jude Donor ‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I had some bad dealings with them as well. They SUCK..
Old 01-04-2018, 11:39 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,329 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Corvette Mods was removed as a Forum Vendor long ago.

Get notified of new replies

To Beware of CorvetteMods avoid like the plague.

Quick Reply: Beware of CorvetteMods avoid like the plague.