Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

DEALERSHIP NIGHTMARE-Over 100 days in the shop with no results or answers

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 11:16 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by trololo
UPDATE- I received a call from the dealership that the car was finished so I picked it up and it seems like after replacing the synchros for the third time and "shimming" the transmission seemed to do the trick! I haven't been able to drive it much because of some recent weather but it felt great when I drove it home. I paid $451 for the OEM shifter and everything else was covered. The GM Rep I had been dealing with also sent me a $100 service credit to use in the future since it took so long. My fingers are crossed the problem doesn't arise again and I'll have many trouble free miles ahead of me!
well finally is good to hear, i hope it does not fail you again. This was totally unnecessary what this dealer did to you, they could have at least covered the $451 in a good will gesture.
good luck.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:38 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,327 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by trololo
UPDATE- I received a call from the dealership that the car was finished so I picked it up and it seems like after replacing the synchros for the third time and "shimming" the transmission seemed to do the trick! I haven't been able to drive it much because of some recent weather but it felt great when I drove it home. I paid $451 for the OEM shifter and everything else was covered. The GM Rep I had been dealing with also sent me a $100 service credit to use in the future since it took so long. My fingers are crossed the problem doesn't arise again and I'll have many trouble free miles ahead of me!

Quick Reply: DEALERSHIP NIGHTMARE-Over 100 days in the shop with no results or answers