Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

CorvetteMods

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 02:37 PM
CharlesJ
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CorvetteMods

Bought new flat Steering wheel for my Corvette from Corvettemods. Kim and Jessica did a great job getting my order to me on time to get it installed. Very happy would buy again!
Old 03-01-2018, 08:01 PM
dave4what
5th Gear

Default Corvette Mods

My one and only experience with Corvette Mods has finally come to an end. They are the ABSOLUTELY WORST company I have ever dealt with. I ordered over $11K worth of carbon fiber parts from them, and they said the parts were exactly matched to the GM factory carbon fiber. WOW, were they wrong! The GM carbon is a tight weave with a very noticeable gold tone, the aftermarket parts are all silver-grey. No big deal if you're not putting the 2 parts next to each other, but that was exactly what I was doing. I had the factory hood, roof, side rockers and front splitter all carbon fiber on my 2018 Z06, and wanted the rest of the car trim to also be in carbon. When the first part arrived, I freaked, it was nowhere near the factory finish or color. I contacted Jay at Corvette Mods (the same idiot that told me the parts would be an exact match), emailed him a couple pics, and he agreed, not a match at all. Why couldn't this moron have checked the finish BEFORE I ordered all the parts?

I cancelled the remainder of the order, and for the next 4 weeks contacted them regularly asking where my refund was. "It's being processed today" We'll have it out to you tomorrow" "should be no later than Friday" and finally "The accounting department is out with the flu today, we'll get your refund to you on Monday". After that last one, I was waiting for the next reply to be "My dog ate the refund slip"!

Anyway, 20+ emails, one credit card dispute, 3 calls to Paypal, 15+ phone calls and finally today a threat to contact Visa and Paypal fraud department, I finally got most of my money refunded, short about $150 bucks, which is way better than the 11K I would have been out. I have never had to dispute any charge in over 40 years of using credit cards, and these guys are BAD NEWS! I would never recommend them to anyone unless I really hated them, and I don't hate ANYONE that bad, except for all the creeps at Corvette Mods. Absolutely the WORST online experience I've ever had, stay away from them at all costs. I only wish I would have found this forum BEFORE I found them. Live and learn........

Last edited by dave4what; 03-02-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Bischof
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

These clowns are without a doubt are the worst retailer I've ever dealt with online or in person. The single transaction I had with them ended in a dispute with AMEX in which I prevailed. The one and only time I've had to revert to withholding payment to a credit card company to resolve an issue. I wouldn't purchase a light bulb from Corvette Mods. Just an observation, ever notice that most of the people praising the performance of this crap company have very low post counts? Sock puppets trying to repair their lousy reputation. If they put as much effort into their customer service they would get some legitimate positive reviews.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:53 PM
dave4what
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Bischof
These clowns are without a doubt are the worst retailer I've ever dealt with online or in person. The single transaction I had with them ended in a dispute with AMEX in which I prevailed. The one and only time I've had to revert to withholding payment to a credit card company to resolve an issue. I wouldn't purchase a light bulb from Corvette Mods. Just an observation, ever notice that most of the people praising the performance of this crap company have very low post counts? Sock puppets trying to repair their lousy reputation. If they put as much effort into their customer service they would get some legitimate positive reviews.
My brother, I hear you! I wish there was a "Don't Ever Use" section in this forum to put creeps like these guys. I have now become so wary of any internet company since this happened to me. These guys are really deserving of an Oscar for worst Corvette parts company, and Oscar Meyer "WEINER" award, that is! Glad you got your money back bro, I'm still in the ring duke-ing it out for the last $150 they owe me. I so wish I would have found everyone here before I found Corvette Mods.

Last edited by dave4what; 03-07-2018 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:56 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,326 Likes on 2,774 Posts

Corvette Mods was removed as a vendor here quite some time ago.

Get notified of new replies

To CorvetteMods

Quick Reply: CorvetteMods