Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Feel like a vendor is giving me the runaround (I NEED CARBON FIBER PARTS)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 04:17 PM
cyi1
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 169 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Default Feel like a vendor is giving me the runaround (I NEED CARBON FIBER PARTS)

I ordered carbon fiber parts from a vendor here. I ordered a rear diffuser, fender extensions and stage 3 canards on Dec 20th, 2017. I was told 9 weeks to get my stuff. A couple weeks ago I asked if I can add to my order without delaying it and was told that as long as I add to my order a few weeks before the expected ship date that it would not delay my work order. I added fender vents and taillight bezels.

I contacted Anderson Composites to get an idea of how far out my work order is and they replied back saying they have "no order consisting of the C7 parts I listed.... The vendor may have ordered through one of our wholesale distributors, but we have no open orders with any of those accounts."

I contacted the vendor and they "contacted their wholesaler and was told all of my parts would arrive to me in 8 weeks".

So.....
Vendor says stuff will arrive and that due to confidentiality, Anderson Composites isn't allowed to say if they have an order from a wholesaler.

Anderson Composites says they have no order and even said they do not have an open order with any wholesaler for those parts.

Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2018, 04:30 PM
HorsePowerObsessed
Drifting

Received 624 Likes on 384 Posts

Why not just order directly through Anderson Composites? I bought a CF spoiler from them back in the day for my ZL1 and it arrived a few days later.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:34 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Their rear diffuser is on back order... Just as an FYI. I have had a few parts on order from both APR and Anderson since December. Most of the APR parts have arrived, save for one or two smaller items, and I'm still waiting on the Anderson rear diffuser.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:37 PM
cyi1
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by JAYNO20
Why not just order directly through Anderson Composites? I bought a CF spoiler from them back in the day for my ZL1 and it arrived a few days later.
Everything but the taillight bezels weren't in stock and special order. The vendor's prices were good so I figured either way I'm waiting 9 weeks so I'll pay the vendor less for the same parts.

Originally Posted by fleming23
Their rear diffuser is on back order... Just as an FYI. I have had a few parts on order from both APR and Anderson since December. Most of the APR parts have arrived, save for one or two smaller items, and I'm still waiting on the Anderson rear diffuser.
Can you PM me who you ordered through? Maybe they do have the orders and whoever emailed me at Anderson doesn't know what they're talking about.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:24 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 588 Likes on 519 Posts

Hey,

You can get them through us. No BS. You can contact Anderson right after you place the order with us and they can confirm your order.

I believe we spoke before you purchased the AC order.

Let us get it taken care of properly.

-Josh
Old 01-24-2018, 03:54 PM
cyi1
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Everything has been clarified... Anderson does have the order but it was put in yesterday (5 weeks late) but they have it... Looks like I'm waiting a long time either way.

Get notified of new replies

To Feel like a vendor is giving me the runaround (I NEED CARBON FIBER PARTS)

Quick Reply: Feel like a vendor is giving me the runaround (I NEED CARBON FIBER PARTS)