Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Outside view of VetteNuts

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 08:20 AM
TheProsecutor
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Outside view of VetteNuts

You will not like reading this... Warning.

I made a purchase from VetteNuts and their response has not been positive. I suppose they are too busy moving to a new shop or drifting to take care of their customers.

On 12/31/2017, I purchased https://www.vettenuts.net/index.php?...t_detail&p=273 from VetteNuts.

It did ship in two weeks, "DEPENDING ON OUR BUSY SEASON, PLEASE ALLOW 1-2 WEEKS PRODUCTION TIME BEFORE YOUR ITEM SHIPS."

The item description makes it clear:
"The C5 Pre-cut Insulation kit comes with everything you need to insulate and provide sound deadening in your Corvette, including Pre-cut pieces for your doors. Other kits on the market provide a similar product, but do not provide pre-cut pieces for your doors and storage bins, which allow road noise to be present in your front and rear cabin. Our kit gives you everything you need to COMPLETELY insulate your C5 Corvette."

"Each kit comes with the following pieces... Driver & Passenger side Door Panel pieces."

The installation guide shows clearly show the pre-cut pieces for the doors.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-7...ew?usp=sharing

However, the kit comes with NO door panels pieces as described and shown in the description.

Seven days ago, I email VetteNuts, to remedy the problem.

Shawn Fernandez writes Sorry for the inconvenience. We no longer make the door pieces as one large section.... You should have received all pieces for the doors. Please let me know if you did not and I will get those out to you ASAP. On another note, I apologize for not having the opportunity to update the website instructions and photos. As soon as we do another install here at the shop I will snap some more recent pics and get that updated so that it is not confusing. Hope this helps some.

I emailed Shawn back,
"Thank you for acknowledging that the product is not as described in the description. I am considering returning the product for a full refund including return shipping. However, I would prefer a partial refund of $29.95 to resolve the issue. With the $29.95, I can purchase the door pieces as one large section from Corvette Central.Let me know what you are willing to do."

After five days and no response from Vettenuts, I purchased the door pieces from Corvette Central for $29.95 plus shipping. I moved forward since the car was out of commission until I finished this project.
https://www.corvettecentral.com/c5-9...barrier-135087

http://www.mamotorworks.com/Corvette...-2-pc-619405-1

IMHO, Vettenuts engaged in false advertising, and when confronted with the problem in their description and I offered a solution to the problem, I got an excuse, then no response regarding a return.

I won't deal with Vettenuts again, unless they do something about this.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:35 AM
crazybird
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

If you paid with pp you could file a claim as the item received was not as advertised.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:43 AM
norcalace
Burning Brakes

Received 234 Likes on 137 Posts

Not taking any side in this but believe it or not that thing we all use to take nasty pictures and send texts while we cruise through school zones will actually make person to person phone calls.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:48 AM
TheProsecutor
Racer

Unfortunately, I did not pay with paypal. And yes, I wish someone would have called me during the last week.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:57 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by TheProsecutor

I made a purchase from VetteNuts and their response has not been positive. I suppose they are too busy moving to a new shop or drifting to take care of their customers.

On 12/31/2017, I purchased https://www.vettenuts.net/index.php?...t_detail&p=273 from VetteNuts.

It did ship in two weeks, "DEPENDING ON OUR BUSY SEASON, PLEASE ALLOW 1-2 WEEKS PRODUCTION TIME BEFORE YOUR ITEM SHIPS."

"The C5 Pre-cut Insulation kit comes with everything you need to insulate and provide sound deadening in your Corvette, including Pre-cut pieces for your doors. Other kits on the market provide a similar product, but do not provide pre-cut pieces for your doors and storage bins, which allow road noise to be present in your front and rear cabin. Our kit gives you everything you need to COMPLETELY insulate your C5 Corvette."

"Each kit comes with the following pieces... Driver & Passenger side Door Panel pieces."

However, the kit comes with NO door panels pieces as described and shown in the description.

Shawn Fernandez writes Sorry for the inconvenience. We no longer make the door pieces as one large section.... You should have received all pieces for the doors. Please let me know if you did not and I will get those out to you ASAP. On another note, I apologize for not having the opportunity to update the website instructions and photos. As soon as we do another install here at the shop I will snap some more recent pics and get that updated so that it is not confusing. Hope this helps some.

I emailed Shawn back,
"Thank you for acknowledging that the product is not as described in the description. I am considering returning the product for a full refund including return shipping. However, I would prefer a partial refund of $29.95 to resolve the issue. With the $29.95, I can purchase the door pieces as one large section from Corvette Central.Let me know what you are willing to do."

After five days and no response from Vettenuts, I purchased the door pieces from Corvette Central for $29.95 plus shipping. I moved forward since the car was out of commission until I finished this project.

IMHO, Vettenuts engaged in false advertising, and when confronted with the problem in their description and I offered a solution to the problem, I got an excuse, then no response regarding a return.

Hmmmmm...I cannot for the life of me understand whats going on with this. Marc Rose and Vettenuts is one of the best vendors on this forum. All i'v ever heard are good things about Marc Rose and Vettenuts...I'm pretty shocked... Maybe you did not give them enough time to resolve the issue before posting in open forum? Why didn't you speak directly with Marc and give him the chance to resolve your issue before posting in open forum? Maybe called him on the phone first?

This reminds me of when I went into McDonalds and asked for extra pickles on my Big Mac and I got no pickles...it was tough at first to resolve the issue but I eventually talked nicely to the manager and she gave me a cup of pickles and apologized. I gave them plenty of time to resolve the pickle issue and accepted her apology...instead of running to facebook like a snowflake and making it a big issue out of something that was resolved with persistence and patience.

Again, why didn't you pm or email or call Marc instead of throwing mud on Vettenuts here in open forum...?

You are an actual Attorney? Right? Just saying...

Wait...maybe I got you mixed up with "Prosecutor"? He wouldn't go flying off at the handle...he is a real Attorney...

Last edited by Yello95; 01-30-2018 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:02 AM
runner140*
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 282 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Yello95
Hmmmmm...I cannot for the life of me understand whats going on with this. Marc Rose and Vettenuts is one of the best vendors on this forum. All i'v ever heard are good things about Marc Rose and Vettenuts...I'm pretty shocked... Maybe you did not give them enough time to resolve the issue before posting in open forum? Why didn't you speak directly with Marc and give him the chance to resolve your issue before posting in open forum? Maybe called him on the phone first?

This reminds me of when I went into McDonalds and asked for extra pickles on my Big Mac and I got no pickles...it was tough at first to resolve the issue but I eventually talked nicely to the manager and she gave me a cup of pickles and apologized. I gave them plenty of time to resolve the pickle issue and accepted her apology...instead of running to facebook like a snowflake and making it a big issue out of something that was resolved with persistence and patience.

Again, why didn't you pm or email or call Marc instead of throwing mud on Vettenuts here in open forum...?

You are an actual Attorney? Right? Just saying...
I have done business with Marc Rose for many years....he's good people. "You are an actual Attorney" right? TheProsecutor...who would of guessed.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:26 AM
TheProsecutor
Racer

Originally Posted by runner140*
I have done business with Marc Rose for many years....he's good people.
Dennis with Double D Mods was good people too. Look how that turned out.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:02 AM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 370 Posts

Nothing but good things to say about Marc and Vettenuts as I have dealt with him on numerous occasions in the past and I have no probelm recommending him to anyone, be it here or on the couple of C5 groups I belong to on Facebook.

As stated by Yello95, maybe a phone call would have been my first choice instead of calling him out on this in the open
Old 01-30-2018, 10:31 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

That is so wrong to compare Marc to that other guy...now you are acting like fake news...you could have simply returned the kit to Marc and he would have refunded your money but no...you chose to try to get something for nothing...and Sir...you did not even call him...that I know for a fact!

Stop crying sour grapes and go away...Good bye!
Old 01-30-2018, 10:51 AM
runner140*
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 282 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Yello95
That is so wrong to compare Marc to that other guy...now you are acting like fake news...you could have simply returned the kit to Marc and he would have refunded your money but no...you chose to try to get something for nothing...and Sir...you did not even call him...that I know for a fact!

Stop crying sour grapes and go away...Good bye!
Its a little like "throw the baby out with the bath water". If there is a problem with one vendor, then all are a problem.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:06 AM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Marc is a stand-up guy and I buy tons from him since I'm in the Corvette repair business. Sucks what happened to you but also I see a phone call to Marc could've gotten this settled.

I'll continue to buy from them (thousands of dollars worth) because if there's an issue they've always made it right. Sitting around waiting for an email that got lost in the shuffle then buying elsewhere, then crying about it hardly sways anyone.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:20 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,233 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

For those of you unfamiliar with the forum rules, here is what the one on unresolved vendor disputes says:

The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted. Then, the post must be factual and cannot be used to bash the vendor or the member. It should be posted in the Transactions Feedback section. Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Moderators will try to leave such threads open until everybody with direct knowledge of the issue being addressed has had a chance to provide their version of the facts. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.

Once there has been the opportunity for the facts on all sides to be posted, the thread will be locked. It will remain in the database and will be available for review by those who are researching the topic, vendor or member.

The Forum is not in a position to monitor transactions or to determine the “true facts” in most disputes. Upon request, however, the Forum will try to intervene and mediate a settlement suitable to all parties in a dispute. When issues are resolved in the matter, it will be posted to the original dispute thread so it becomes part of the searchable record. We believe that is a more useful record of performance for potential customers than would be an eBay-style rating system.

As has been our past practice, members or vendors who show a pattern of unresolved issues will be removed from Corvetteforum.com.
I’m moving this to the proper section, Transactions Feedback, for further action.

Last edited by Vetteman Jack; 01-30-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:35 AM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

In for more info..
Old 01-30-2018, 11:42 AM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

Re-read OP. Yawn. No longer interested. Will probably order something I don't need from vettenuts now. #lawsuitculture. #entitlementculture #noApologiesAccepted.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:01 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

Received 232 Likes on 134 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

On 12/31/2017, I purchased https://www.vettenuts.net/index.php?l=product_detail&p=273 from VetteNuts.

I emailed Shawn back,

When you sent the email complaining about your door pieces (Jan 23)

Hello,

Today, I unboxed the C5 Corvette Pre Cut Insulation Kit.

I sorted the pieces and some pieces are missing.

On page 15 of the C5 installation kit .pdf, there are pictures of the driver and passenger side doors.

Those pieces that cover the entire door, did not arrive in the box.

To me, those are very important pieces, because the doors let the most amount of noise in.

Also those door pieces enhance the mid-bass response.

4 small door pieces arrived, but I did not receive the pieces for the doors, as indicated in the C5 installation kit .pdf

I purchased MLV to cover the door and I need a gasket between the sheet metal and the MLV.

The door pieces are vital to my build.

On a side note, the description indicated "Extra pieces for odds and ends coverage that you may need."

There was nothing extra in the box.

To remedy please send the two door panel pieces, shown in the installation guide.

She responded the very next day:

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 3:40 PM, Shawn Fernandez <sales@vettenuts.net> wrote:

Please give Marc a call if you have any questions regarding your kit.

We no longer make the door pieces as one large section. They became a hassle to install for our customers so we started making them into separate pieces for easier installation.

You should have received all pieces for the doors. Please let me know if you did not and I will get those out to you ASAP.

On another note, I apologize for not having the opportunity to update the website instructions and photos. As soon as we do another install here at the shop I will snap some more recent pics and get that updated so that it is not confusing. If you click on this link for the C5 Insulation Kit, you will see some pictures of the door pieces and how they are set inside. Hope this helps some.

http://www.vettenuts.net/index.php?l=product_detail&p=273

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Shawn

So first off, she told you to call me. I have not received one phone call from you, not one direct email (which is my screen name) or even a private message here on the forum. We would have been happy to take care of this for you. As you can also read on the forum there have been many many many times where I have gone above and beyond to take care of our customers. In an above comment here, you compared me to Dennis at Double D mods, I would have to assume you have not done your research here on the forum nor Google Reviews regarding either of our companies. I don’t feel the need to further discuss this topic because the Google reviews says it all.

Moving on to the issue at hand …

Later that same day on Jan 24th after Shawn’s reply, you emailed this:

Hello Shawn,

Thank you for acknowledging that the product is not as described in the description.

I am considering returning the product for a full refund including return shipping.

However, I would prefer a partial refund of $29.95 to resolve the issue.

With the $29.95, I can purchase the door pieces as one large section from Corvette Central.

But, it costs $25.85 to ship the C5 Corvette Pre Cut Insulation Kit back.

Let me know what you are willing to do.

To address the complaint, Vettenuts stopped selling that door section in one piece due to interference with the door panel 5 years ago. The plastic clips that hold the door panel will wind up pulling away from the door skin. Therefore we redesigned the door insulation to consist of 4 pieces that are clearly pictured on the website where you purchased the kit. The picture you posted of the one piece door, was pulled from a 10 year old instruction manual. You are the FIRST customer to bring this to our attention out of thousands of kits sold over the last 5 years. However, once this was brought to our attention, Shawn immediately printed off every description and installation instructions along with all of the pictures for all of our insulation kits. This is a top priority for us and as you read further you will get a better understanding of “Inside Vettenuts” Shawn and i have always taken care of our customers even when we have had health concerns or family matters. We always make time for our Corvette Family and Vettenuts customers.

She made me aware of the issue because she knew she was going to be out of the office for the next fews days. Unfortunately Shawn's mother passed away on Monday the 22nd. She continued to try and resolve this during this difficult time but was not able to reply to your last email due to visitation and planning a funeral. That is why she asked you to call me if you had any more questions. To verify that, listed below is her mother’s obituary. Please feel free to look at the dates. I too have had a death in the family a couple of days prior to this. Even with the deaths in our families, we still have responded to our customers because at the end of the day, they are still a priority to us. Now are we perfect? Unfortunately no. We are human.

Shawn’s mother, Helan Fernandez’s Obituary:

http://www.woodfinchapel.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=2063870

My uncle Raymond Williamson’s Obituary:

http://murfreesborofuneralhome.com/t...#tribute-start

... as my previous customers have already stated i would have made this right by sending you out those two door panel pieces even though we had included our updated 4 piece door section. I will be surprised if you are happy with the ones you ordered. I say this because i have installed that very section you are wanting dozens of times and stopped using it. They may send you some material that is much thinner than ours and this is the only way to make it work. Please reply with your thoughts on it after you install the ones you ordered. One other thing to note that i feel worth of mentioning. You received 84sq ft. for $99 of 30 hand cut sections that fit like a glove. You ordered roughly 16sq ft. for $30. Thats $1 more per Sq ft for 2 simple door sections.

Here is a picture of all the insulation listings mentioned above. This women is amazing that she even tried to tackle such a huge project after all that has happened with her family.
Attached Images  

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 01-30-2018 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Edited out OPs name in 3 places
Old 01-30-2018, 12:48 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Vendor has responded, so the thread will be closed per Transaction Feedback rules. Participants can resolve further offline.

If there are any resolutions that either the OP or the vendor would like posted, send me a PM and it will be added.

NOTE: I went in and removed the OPs name from the vendor’s response in 3 places.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 01-30-2018 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Edit

Get notified of new replies

To Outside view of VetteNuts

Quick Reply: Outside view of VetteNuts