Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Bad Experience with EVS Motors Inc. Houston, Tx

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 09:37 PM
stocish
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bad Experience with EVS Motors Inc. Houston, Tx

Please Share if your in the car community and with other enthusiasts!

What’s up everyone, just wanted to share my experience with EVS Motors​ Inc. This is not a reflection on Troy Dixon​, I actually spoke with him this weekend making sure him and I are on good terms. In addition, expressed, knows I am not happy. Troy’s department only deals with coatings; again this is not a reflection on him or his work. What I can tell you is, what he did on my car is top notch and after seeing the coating on my ZR1 I will do it on all my rides going forward. With that said, here is what I went through sorry for the long read, as I am just trying to be as accurate as possible.

Please share this story to help prevent someone else’s nice ride being damage by this company please.

Backstory: I was in the market for a new weekend car. I wanted a Cyber Grey Zr1 with comp wheels and a solid ebony interior. After looking 4+ months, I found one in Arizona that had what I was after. Due to Harvey and my truck being down I had to move sooner than later. I purchased the car September 11, 2017. Come to find out 1 of 24 made in this combination in 2011. Well it was damaged in multiple areas due to their poor workmanship of EVS.

I made appointments each week with items to be completed and reasons why it was not able to be completed the same day due to issues and have to return. I always stayed polite and never lost my cool. I never asked for anything free, I just wanted my car fixed. In this case, nice did not prevail, as they did not want to do the right thing. Reason for the date jumps is my schedule; I am off Thursdays and Sundays. Shops typically closed Sundays, so Thursdays are the only day I can get stuff done.

September 21,2017 arrived at 10am left after 6pm. closing

Due to having prior good experience with EVS and Kevin Gorke​ as the tech who helped dial in my 02 Lightning. She shot straight as an arrow on my alignment. I have sent several people for similar work. EzTurbo Charlie Eztrbo Hernandez​ loved the wine while waiting. 😛 I had stopped by to get a quote for a full car clear bra, replace my tint with the 100% heat rejection, and was upsold on the blackvue dash cam system. I specifically asked if they had worked on dot matrix prior and said “yes.” I downloaded the app and it was demonstrated by Ted and Haywood the benefits of having the system.

They attempted the back window, multiple times. In the end they were only able to tint the side windows. The reason explained to me by Haywood, “the tint does not flex well with the corvette rear window.” I would have to make another appointment so I can get it completed. They attempted their high end film Spectra photo tint, and couldn’t get it to work. So they tested the CeraLuxe next, and couldn’t get it to work. So I came in with tinted windows and the rear window. I left with only tint on the side windows 8 hours later. So I made another appointment for the following week.

September 28, 2017 arrived at 10am left after 6pm. closing

I had ordered all new LED lights for the lows, highs, and fogs. Since I was already in completing work that was not done prior on the car. Requested that if they would be able to install them for me. Also wanted my V1 hardwired. Without hesitation, they took on the task. This is in addition to the not finished tint job prior. During this process, they drained my battery. If anyone knows the OEM battery once dead doesn’t hold a charge worth a ****. So rather, than get stuck somewhere have to pay a tow or risk damage. I paid for a new battery to be swapped out.

I don’t leave my car with anyone typically, due to the lack of care its typically given when it’s not their own. This is why I will make the time to go in person and wait rather than be told something didn’t get done and I’ll keep your car overnight.

This time they attempted to use the Huper tint they had left in stock they were no longer offering. Due to all the issues, Haywood noted that I would not be charged for the rear. When you see the pics of the work, I think you will understand why. Half of the tint was already peeling off the dot matrix in the rear. As requested they also did my front windshield, it is a clear film to help prevent any heat coming into the cab. My thought process was to help prevent any damage to the dash and keep the heat out of the interior. This is when I was upsold on the Blackvue system. However, they didn’t have the latest model in stock or the external battery. I requested they order it in and I can return next week to have it all installed.

*During this gap, there was an oversight on my appointment. As they put me down for the install however, they were out of town for SEMA 2017. While I was unhappy about the rear hatch I began looking for dealers that have been recommended on the forums to fix the dot matrix look.

September 30, 2017

Pic of the rear hatch after EVS completed the work. They mentioned it may be a few days for the bubbles to clear out as the heat will evaporate. Well, proof is in the pic.

October 12, 2017

Could not stand the rear hatch tint any longer, called and made an appointment with Mingo. He had a competition to go to and was not able to do it the week prior. This was the soonest I could make it out to him and he would be available. Pictures included, it is corrected now and over the dot matrix correctly. Also had him tint my rear taillights and side markers.

While Mingo was doing my rear hatch, he brought it to my attention that damage to my rear defrost. It was peeling off the window due to all the previous attempts by EVS to install the tint. EVS never mentioned anything to me. I never brought this up, to EVS. I left this alone, Mingo asked if I wanted him to continue. He showed me the issue and carefully worked with it to not make it worse. He didn’t mind if I watched either. My defrost works, he got the job done the first time, and it is over the dot matrix.

October 19, 2017 arrived at 10:00am left sometime after 1pm

Here is where it starts to hit the fan:
I was back again to have my dash cam installed. We go through the normal protocols when checking in your vehicle. They take a camera and get footage of your car all around, top to bottom. I am guessing for insurance purposes along with possible damage issues. Within minutes of taking in my car, Ted comes out asks me to look in the rear of the shop. The technician working on my car broke my windshield. Sorry, don’t know his name. See pic attached. It spider’d out from the location of the mount of the black vue adhesive. Everyone was apologetic, it was not intentional. **** happens; let us move on to get it fixed. That is all I wanted. Ted was able to contact Safelite to come out and fix the windshield. However, it was a no name brand. I had informed him this was not acceptable and wanted a GM factory replacement. I had to educate him on the HUD and GM stamp of what was damaged. I spent half the day calling local dealers with Ted attempting to get it fixed the same day. However, the closest dealer with one in was 3 days out. At this point, I had a choice to leave it with EVS or take it with me. I did not want any additional damage to happen in my care as it was supposed to storm bad that weekend. I decided to let them keep it to get it fixed rather than have me to continue coming back and forth for small progress. This way they have a whole week to get what needed to be done, 100% done. My one request to Ted, was that, ”please do not leave it in the sun. If you have to, please use the sun visor in the hatch. With the windshield broken, definitely do not leave it in the rain. As I didn’t want any additional damage.” EVS got an Uber for me to take me back home.

During this time, it is hard to say if my specific instructions were followed or not. The only ones that would know this would be the employees. But based on the results of what occurred next, pretty safe to say.

October 24, 2017 communication via phone and text.

Windshield made it in, with defects. But it is a GM windshield. The windshield had several bubbled defects. Attempting to meet them halfway, I agreed to their solution to attempt to fix the windshield. The Safelight rep did not have the tool with him when he came and would be back the following day. Troy sent me a text noting the windshield as did another rep, believe it was Heywood or Ted. He hydrophobic coated the car for me. Not sure how that was handled with or without Ted or just Troy. Appreciated it none the less. Well worth it as well for anyone looking.

Oct 26, 2017 arrived roughly 10:00am

Car is ready for me to pick up. Had a friend have an emergency come up, so I took a Uber to go up to the shop and pick up my car. I was informed by Ted, I’d have to return, as they need to have my front windshield tint re applied. Due to the windshield just being installed and glue not cured, they were unable to get it completed before my arrival. Upon inspection of my car, I notice bubbles in my dash. This is noted to Ted the owner of EVS. Please see attached video as its pointed out and emails noting as such. I told him if the bubbles remain small like they were day one I would be ok with it. However, it did not.

Nov 2, 2017 arrived 10:00am

Have my tint reapplied to the windshield. This is when I noted that I could hear the windshield vibrating. I have video of me pressing on the driver side top corner and the vibration stops. I asked about the warranty that I would get a copy of the paperwork. Then was declined, as Safelite will only service the EVS as the person who requested the work.

Nov 21, 2017

I called noting the dash getting worse. They sent an email by Cornillia requesting pictures to be reviewed by Ted. Pictures attached. I was told I’d get a call back, never did. They sent an email and the communication is pictured below. Pretty much noted that it’s a common issue, to seek the warranty from GM.
I’m betting from the factory the windshield applies pressure as well as heat conditions in Texas cause the glue to unstick. I do not leave the car in the sun, and if it is, they visor is always on for that limited duration. Example this weekend at the Twin Peaks meet. However, EVS does a check in of each car before they take it in. To cover themselves and I guess for insurance purposes. I gave them my car without any bubbles in the dash, however when I get it back I have bubbles. I requested the video to be checked. No response. Therefore, they pass the blame on to GM as a common issue. They shifted the responsibility.

I’ve also found that they also broke my passenger seat belt cover that latches to the pillar. Which had never been noted, they just set it back in place. I have had three people that have sat in my passenger seat ever! My nephew, Craig Cunningham, and Stephen B. When Stephen got in, went out for lunch. It was embarrassing as the panel fell on top of him. Thank you again EVS for your shitty workmanship. Since the installation with the BlackVue, I love the dash cam. However, I can thank EVS for running wires along the rear passenger speaker. And a high pitch when I accelerate through my speakers. The battery pack for the Blackvue lasted a month, and would not hold a charge after. So much for selling high quality equipment. You know if a shop does not work on vets, just come out and say they did not. I would have appreciated that more than having someone else fix everything you **** up and I pay twice.
If there is any car guy that cares about their toy, hobby, collectible, rare, exotic or otherwise; EVS is NOT the shop you want to go to. I take care of my stuff, and continue to pay to restore its mint condition from the oversights and half *** workmanship EVS has caused. There have been a number of guys interested in the BlackVue and should they ask, this is why I will not be returning to EVS ever.

Pic 1: Headlights installed date:
Pic 2: Tint rear hatch over dot matrix fail date:
Pic 3: Mingo fixing tint on dot matrix date:
Pic 4: Broken windshield 1
Pic 5: Broken windshield 2
Pic 6: Replacement windshield 1
Pic 7: Replacement windshield 2
Pic 8: Replacement windshield 3
Pic 9: Troy coated car w Rolls
Video 10: Pick up car noted bubbles in dash
*these below will have more than one.
Pic 11: Emails
Pic 12: Texts
Pic 13: Invoices
Pic 14: Dash

Pictures and video can be found at the link, its a public post.
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/pos...14585733212115

Quick Reply: Bad Experience with EVS Motors Inc. Houston, Tx