Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

RPI Designs Poor Quality - You be the Judge

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 07:05 PM
stevettec7
Drifting

Received 759 Likes on 401 Posts
Default RPI Designs Poor Quality - You be the Judge

Are you thinking about buying painted parts from RPI Designs? Well, I'd like to suggest you check into their online reviews before you do. I have had bad experiences with two of my under hood painted parts manufactured and painted by them. The first problem was the painted air intake cover. After about 6 months, I noticed some rubbing happening on the top edge. It looks like its being caused by the hood. When I called them, they said they hadn't heard of this before. I suggested perhaps the part is too thick? It certainly is installed properly. They didn't offer any assistance.

The second issue is my Painted Hood Heat Extractor. I recently noticed a massive bubble where the paint is separating. Now it has cracked and is chipping off. I will say this issue IS outside the 1 year warranty. I contacted RPI in hopes that they would give me some "assistance." They told me they would not. They DID, however offer a 4% discount on a new one--that's right FOUR.

I strongly recommend doing some research and asking forum members if they're satisfied before ordering from them. Sure, the paint warranty has expired, but would YOU buy something painted from them? This hood extractor is 3 years old. Would you expect this to fail so soon? You be the judge.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:26 PM
geewez
Melting Slicks

Received 225 Likes on 119 Posts

Sounds like the part wasn't cleaned properly or the surface was contaminated before painting. I've purchased painted engine covers from them for both my C6 and C7 and other accessories for more than ten years now, never had an issue. Sorry you had a bad experience with them.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:10 AM
stevettec7
Drifting

Default Potential Sensorship?

My original comment/review was moved here by the forum moderator.

Once I finally found how to search for my post, I realized it will get almost zero exposure. Why can’t reviews and feedbacks be more up front? Is that a way to sensor comments from potential supporting vendors?

Last edited by stevettec7; 09-17-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:58 AM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

Because this is the forum area for customer reviews/complaints.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:06 PM
stevettec7
Drifting

Originally Posted by DWillys
Because this is the forum area for customer reviews/complaints.
Then why not change that heading to “Reviews/Complaints?” Not buried at the bottom in “Help & Feedback.”😏

Last edited by stevettec7; 09-17-2019 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:16 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,329 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by stevettec7
My original comment/review was moved here by the forum moderator.

Once I finally found how to search for my post, I realized it will get almost zero exposure. Why can’t reviews and feedbacks be more up front? Is that a way to sensor comments from potential supporting vendors?
Originally Posted by stevettec7
Then why not change that heading to “Reviews/Complaints?” Not buried at the bottom in “Help & Feedback.”😏
Not sure what you see on your screen, but the newest posts here, as in every section, are at the top. Nothing is “buried at the bottom” of anything. Transaction Feedback is easily accessed, as is every section. Im also not sure what your suggestion about the heading means, either. Corvette Forum has a place for disputes (and kudos) regarding transactions and that place is here.

If we did not have a dedicated place, all the sections would be littered with complaints. This way, membership can easily access information on all transactions and vendors, where they involve Supporting Vendors or a new member who sold 1 part.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-feedback.html

Regarding censorship, no one’s complaints about any transaction are suppressed, including those regarding Supporting Vendors. They are moved to the section where they belong and are not to be repeated in other sections or used to interfere in sales threads. If you search this section you will see that everyone, including you, is to place threads about disputed transactions here.

Additional info on the concept of censorship at the forum:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ensorship.html

Finally, if you don’t understand forum rules or have questions about moderation, please PM a mod and ask them rather than start complaining in the open forum:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...questions.html

Old 09-17-2019, 02:50 PM
stevettec7
Drifting

Thank you for your response. Please don't think I don't appreciate this forum and the support you put into it. I just feel like complaints/kudos are something a member has to actively search for. It would be nice to have a sub-heading that showed you exactly where to browse comments and complaints. I recently asked a friend (and C5 owner) to browse this forum to see how easily he could find where to read comments, reviews, etc. He said he would not have thought to look under "Help and Feedback." He said that's where he would expect to go to communicate with the admins or ask for help.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:41 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,329 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Well, I’m not sure if there’s a better place for Transaction Feedback than the Help and Feedback area. But then again I don’t get to name sections.

Sometimes it takes awhile for people to learn all the nooks and crannies of the site, as well as a few rules they hadn’t thought of. It takes time.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:45 PM
stevettec7
Drifting

Originally Posted by vettebuyer6369
Well, I’m not sure if there’s a better place for Transaction Feedback than the Help and Feedback area. But then again I don’t get to name sections.

Sometimes it takes awhile for people to learn all the nooks and crannies of the site, as well as a few rules they hadn’t thought of. It takes time.
It sure does. I guess my frustration with my paint issue may have lead to me being impatient too.

Cheers!

Get notified of new replies

To RPI Designs Poor Quality - You be the Judge

Quick Reply: RPI Designs Poor Quality - You be the Judge