Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Southern Car Parts...BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 02:52 PM
Jaybird29
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Southern Car Parts...BEWARE!

Feb 19 - Ordered HALLTECH MF103 CAI.
Feb 22 - Did not get a shipping email so I called SCP and Spoke with David. He put me hold and stated he was calling Jim at HallTech. After a 2-3 minutes, he stated the CAI was being shipped by Halltech and he would email me the shipping details.
Feb 26 - Have not received shipping details and have called at 9:00am est asking to call me with status or I was disputing the charge to PayPal. No response from SCP

This thread could have been avoided if SCP would be better customer service oriented and call back and/or provide shipping details as promised.

UPDATE....Still no response from SCP, but I just received the package from UPS. Really needs to keep customers informed, especially in todays market with so many other vendors to choose from. CS separates the excellent from the OK companies very quickly

Last edited by Jaybird29; 02-26-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:33 PM
LT4CMG
Le Mans Master

Received 3,495 Likes on 1,892 Posts

With all due respect, a deep breath and a hot cup of tea would help. You're angry as if you've waited months. A week from oder to part in your hands.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:07 PM
Jaybird29
Racer

Originally Posted by ls3zob
With all due respect, a deep breath and a hot cup of tea would help. You're angry as if you've waited months. A week from oder to part in your hands.
With all due respect to you, I am not angry and not sure how you got that from my post. Not having any info for a week was the issue. If SCP would have done what they told me they would do (provided me a tracking number) or responded to my phone call that would have been fine if it arrived in 1 day or 15 days.

Maybe it is just me but doing what you say you will do is good business and good character. I have been burned before, so when companies/parties do not respond in a timely manner, an immediate red flag goes up.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:12 AM
viperz0677
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that sucks man
Old 02-27-2018, 10:33 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaybird29
With all due respect to you, I am not angry and not sure how you got that from my post. Not having any info for a week was the issue. If SCP would have done what they told me they would do (provided me a tracking number) or responded to my phone call that would have been fine if it arrived in 1 day or 15 days.

Maybe it is just me but doing what you say you will do is good business and good character. I have been burned before, so when companies/parties do not respond in a timely manner, an immediate red flag goes up.
I can see what you mean here on the call back are the email w/tracking # at least. No matter what if I tell a man I will do something I do it, Now that I am a old fart I make myself a ton of notes what I am to do then can them when r after I do it. Robert
Old 03-01-2018, 02:53 PM
sfrank2886
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts

I don’t necessarily disagree with what you are saying about timeliness and emails but I don’t think your experience warrants a Buyer Beware.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:21 AM
AmbulanceDriver
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont think this post is a valid buyer beware either. They had to deal with HallTech for shipping. Some of the people on this forum need to chill out. I just waited four months for wheels and didnt get a tracking number till the day before they arrived at my house. Relax guys its ok to wait more than 5 minutes.

Also Ive bought several parts from SCP with absolutely zero complaints or issues.

Last edited by AmbulanceDriver; 03-04-2018 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Added experience with SCP
Old 03-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Jaybird29
Racer

Whatever on the beware wordsmithing...good grief guys, next time I will use Alert, Lookout, Watch out, lack of response. The issue was not the wait time, but lack of response to my inquiries regarding shipping information. Apologies for trying to get this info after several days after ordering and not having this info after being told it would be sent.

I have restored cars and am familiar with wait times. I have dealt with many companies and all I require is follow up responses and information. I am not saying SCP is a bad company or that I will not buy from them again. If this thread helps SCP, with communication, great.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:42 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,324 Likes on 2,773 Posts

Its unlikely SCP will be posting here as the part was delivered in a week.

If they or the OP need to post some sort of update let me know and I’ll add it to the thread.

Get notified of new replies

To Southern Car Parts...BEWARE!

Quick Reply: Southern Car Parts...BEWARE!