Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Southern Car Parts Car Group Buy Cover Order

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 01:24 PM
spllbnd2
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Southern Car Parts Car Group Buy Cover Order

Southern Car parts Group Buy CoverKing Car Covers;

Anyone else have problems with the CoverKing Car Cover Group Buy with Southern Car Parts?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-in-black.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-in-black.html

I placed an order for the CoverKing Black car cover that SCP had listed all over the forums here for a really good price. I went ahead and placed my order on March 25th 2018. No where on their website did this say these were a special order or that they needed a minimum number of orders for CoverKing to commit to making these for us. I did notice later that it is mentioned in the posts about a minimum of 20 cmmited orders by the end of March. As of April 9th 2018 he says he only has a commitment of 15 orders.

I posted on the forums here asking the status about the covers and then followed up with an email after not receiving any response on the forums. Did not receive any response from the email inquiring about my cover order, so I called and the gentleman I talked with stated that these are in fact a special order and that he is planning on keeping the group buy open until he "gets enough orders". I asked how long we are going to have to wait, he did not give any definitive answer.

At this point I am almost tempted to call my CC company and file a claim with them as the guy I talked with made me feel like they don't want to cancel any orders. And I don't wish to have to have almost $300 out just waiting for a car cover that may never be delivered.

Cheers,
Alex

Last edited by spllbnd2; 04-10-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:37 PM
spllbnd2
Advanced

Update,

Tried to get in touch with SCP a couple of days ago here through PM with no response as to an update on if or when these car covers would be made and shipped out. No answer to my PM so I called them and had to leave a voicemail. Hoping that I will hear back soon and not have to get my bank involved.

Anyone else have issues with Southern Car Pats orders?

Cheers,
Alex
Old 04-25-2018, 05:12 PM
spllbnd2
Advanced

Update 25 April 2018,

After leaving a PM as well as a voicemail for Southern Car Parts and no response as to when the car covers would even be made I have started a claim with my credit card company. They were surprised that a business would not reach out and keep customers informed as to the status of the group buy.

I shall let everyone know as to the out come of this and personally I would think twice about ordering anything from SCP again, at least at this point.

Cheers,
Alex
Old 05-28-2018, 07:59 PM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by spllbnd2
Update 25 April 2018,

After leaving a PM as well as a voicemail for Southern Car Parts and no response as to when the car covers would even be made I have started a claim with my credit card company. They were surprised that a business would not reach out and keep customers informed as to the status of the group buy.

I shall let everyone know as to the out come of this and personally I would think twice about ordering anything from SCP again, at least at this point.

Cheers,
Alex

I placed my order with Southern Car Parts on March 1st 2018 for the group buy CoverKing car cover. Despite dozens of calls, I have NEVER EVER had a call or email returned! I have filed a dispute and am letting PayPal handle it. They have no right to be vendor on this forum!
Old 05-29-2018, 07:28 AM
spllbnd2
Advanced

I ended up having to turn this over to my credit card (bank) to deal with. I was able to receive a provisional credit back and they said that most likely it will work out in my favor due to the fact that the vendor is failing to communicate with anyone.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:50 PM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

PayPal ruled in my favor and my funds are being returned so I am now officially done with SCP! I ordered a Coverking Car Cover on March 1st 2018 on a group buy and never received the cover or had any of my calls or emails responded to. I would very much like to see SCP dropped as a forum vender! Totally unacceptable behavior!
Old 06-12-2018, 09:13 PM
spllbnd2
Advanced

My credit card found in my favor as well. I too will never do business with SCP again. That was the first and last time. Very poor customer service and I would say that if this is the normal business practices of SCP, they should be dropped as w vendor from the forums.

Cheers,
Alex

Get notified of new replies

To Southern Car Parts Car Group Buy Cover Order

Quick Reply: Southern Car Parts Car Group Buy Cover Order