Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Vendors, Shop Around

Old 04-20-2018, 08:45 PM
twinpack
Drifting

Received 349 Likes on 155 Posts

Default Vendors, Shop Around

Wanted to share my recent experience
I've been hunting for exhaust for my 68. I purchased Hooker Competition headers so I bit and bought the matching bolt on dual exhaust pipe also. Long sorry short, they need not fit as advertised. I purchased everything from Jegs. I must say that they were very understanding and promptly emailed a prepaid label for the exhaust pipes. I will keep the headers. The headers fit excellent with plug wire clearance. I decided to buy the correct intermediate pipes and search CC as many suggested. The pipe are only $115.00 but they wanted $48.00 shipping. I called to varfy and was told that this is correct. I asked to add muffler hanger bolts for $4.50. They said they need to add another $7.45 in add shipping cost. I canceled the order and expressed my mismay at their shipping cost. After searching, I settled on calling Keen's Products. They had just the intermediate pipes for $110.00. After talking with them I asked for a couple of clamps. To my surprise the fela said no problem, I'll just put them in the box. Shipping was $36.00. I recieved the parts 2 days later. The clincher was the are CC pipes. The ones I wanted in the first place. So much for making this a short sorry.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vendors, Shop Around