Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Please give your opinion of this super T 10

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 08:05 AM
bmans vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 351 Likes on 304 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '15- '16-'17-'18-'19, '21

I agree Bats with the other guys here....... send it back and get your money back. If you had lots of experience rebuilding one, you might do that yourself, but at this point you are looking at needing someone else's help to make it into a usable unit.
I'd take up the guy who offered to drop it off in Jax.
Make sure the POS previous owner knows its coming and that you want a check given to the good Samaritan who is returning it.
And if he balks and it was sold thru the forum, then he should get his azz tossed from here. Just like the guy who tried this crap with a POS rolling chassis to David in Easton PA that got dropped at my place.
DO NOT wrack it up to his bad karma.......

Good luck my friend.
Dennis
Old 05-25-2018, 09:20 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

7Dennis,

I try real hard to do right by others, i like to be right with the world,
Ive heard of. "karma" but i see guys like this seller do what they do and then go off all happy care free, all walking between the rain drops, seems these guys have down right charmed lives.

Thanks for the kindness, i called and spoke with jon the nice fellow who offered to help get it to the sellers shop in jax and gave him some in private details,

As i keep saying, i have no intention of hauling itback to the seller, and i wont drag some innocent stranger into that mess,

My reasons include i do not believe i would receive a refund i believe i would be greated with more hostility and possible harm to my well being,

This will mark the 3rd time i got stupid, lazy, allowed my health to get in the way and took a person at their good word and got burnt when it came out their word wasnt good.

You are correct that rebuilding a t10 isnt something ive done before and this certainly took a lot of the shine away from. Wanting the 4 speed conversion.

I have no clue which way i will go.

Last edited by The13Bats; 05-29-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:19 AM
bmans vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 351 Likes on 304 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '15- '16-'17-'18-'19, '21

Originally Posted by The13Bats
7Dennis,

I try real hard to do right by others, i like to be right with the world,
Ive heard of. "karma" but i see guys like this seller do what they do and then go off all happy care free, all walking between the rain drops, seems these guys have down right charmed lives.

Thanks for the kindness, i called and spoke with jon the nice fellow who offered to help get it to the sellers shop in jax and gave him some in private details,

As i keep saying, i have no intention of hauling itback to the seller, and i wont drag some innocent stranger into that mess,

My reasons include i do not believe i would receive a refund i believe i would be greated with more hostility and possible harm to my well being,

This will mark the 3rd time i got stupid, lazy, allowed my health to get in the way and took a person at their good word and got burnt when it came out their word wasnt good.

Do you really think wes cares that he got kicked off the forum, he like any of these types only care about $$$

Hit post too soon,

You are correct that rebuilding a t10 isnt something ive done before and this certainly took a lot of the shine away from. Wanting the 4 speed conversion.

I have no clue which way i will go.
I understand.
Karma is not always balanced out in this life.
He and Wes will reap what they sow.
We can only be responsible for ourselves and the decisions we make.
You have a good heart and are an honorable man.
No one can take that from you. They can only take your money.
Good luck getting the trans into running condition.
Take care my friend
Dennis
Old 06-15-2018, 02:12 AM
4speeds
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

The gears in this transmission actually look to have low mileage and the engagement teeth are like new. You can glass bead these gears and they will clean up. The sliders , hub and mainshaft and front nose of the mainshaft maybe pitted from rust as well as the needle bearing surfaces of the countergear and inside the input. So it has to come apart to inspect these "hidden" areas. A rebuild kit would be needed because bearings are more than likely compromised.

Here is my latest ST10 video.

Paul
Old 06-15-2018, 02:23 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by 4speeds
The gears in this transmission actually look to have low mileage and the engagement teeth are like new. You can glass bead these gears and they will clean up. The sliders , hub and mainshaft and front nose of the mainshaft maybe pitted from rust as well as the needle bearing surfaces of the countergear and inside the input. So it has to come apart to inspect these "hidden" areas. A rebuild kit would be needed because bearings are more than likely compromised.

Here is my latest ST10 video.

Paul
Many Thanks

While that is encouraging i feared it was a costly boat anchor keep in mind i bought it being told its good to go, when i barked about the rusty sliders and pitted teeth and rust sludge under forks etc i was told a scotch pad and rear seal is all it needs,

I was also told any trans shop will agree its good to go which hasnt been the case.

So unless i am misunderstand you, your assessment isnt "good to go" but rather a core needing rebuild,

Again, many thanks,

Last edited by The13Bats; 06-15-2018 at 02:32 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:29 PM
4speeds
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats
Many Thanks

So unless i am misunderstand you, your assessment isnt "good to go" but rather a core needing rebuild,

Again, many thanks,
No it needs to be gone through.

Quick Reply: Please give your opinion of this super T 10