Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Disrespected and Lied by Maryland Speed Owner: Almost 5 Months Still Nothing

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 06:28 PM
jasonyyu
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I begin to let out my frustrations with Maryland speed in writing here, this is never my intention to write this piece in the first place. This is only after I felt I had been treated unfairly or even disrespected and lied in some way that forced me to write this on the forum.

I placed an order, on the 9th of December, for a set of Kooks Green Cats X-pipe. This is my third order with Branden, the owner. My last order for a set of Kooks catless header and x-pipe took over four months to arrive in the summer. Because of this, I knew I had to ask him before ordering over the phone again. I was promised 3-4 weeks max and thus I made the order. He generously gave me a nice discount on the order and threw in a free 160 degree thermostat.

Till today, I still have not received my order yet; almost 5 months or 20 weeks.

This is where I feel I have been treated unfairly or disrespected in some way; I should have used the other term to describe my treatment more accurately, but I decided not to. Since mid-January when I started to inquire Branden of my order despatch day. I sent him a message or two every week and I was always told "I will have a better update next week", or it will be ready next week (somewhere along the line). I was even told once in March that he had one in this office as we spoke and would be ready for despatch next week.

What made the situation even worse is when I told him i I would be graduating from USC on the 11th of May, which is next Friday, and I would start working for a company overseas and If my order still was not ready, please kindly accept my cancellation request. The response I got is "It is supposed to ship next week. The green Cats are special order. I cannot cancel them."

As always no update, I took it further to tell him I would ask my bank to step in. This is the crazy response that blew me away; "No I am not canceling your order. If you file a dispute I will fight it because the part is special order". His company immediately sent me the free thermostat that is part of the order. No x-pipe? This is very creative. Come on, 5 months for this item. we are all corvette guys and we know what Kooks lead time is. Let's not joke ourselves.

Whenever I called in lately, he got pissed and said i was blowing up his business line. He will respond only to my email. For the past 2 weeks, I have yet got an email response from him.

I am not sure how Maryland Speed has treated you all in the past. I know I have not been treated in a right way. Branden is a good businessman ( I agree), the way he conducts his business is out of order. His discounts come with a cost.

Please Comment below how I should resolve the situation. Thank you all for reading it through. I apologize for my grammatical errors in some sentences.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 05-01-2018 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 05-01-2018, 06:33 PM
lakemg
Melting Slicks

Received 909 Likes on 606 Posts

Took me 9 weeks to get my Kooks long tubes with green cat/x-pipe back in 2016. Next time, I will pay extra and get them much sooner. I'm not sure how this clown is still in business. I understand that sometimes companies drop the ball, but this now appears to be common practice for them. I sure hope that things pan out for you.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:36 PM
jasonyyu
Advanced

Old 05-01-2018, 06:41 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 973 Likes on 458 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Cancel the order in writing via certified letter that has to be signed for and tell this idiot tht is what you are doing. If you paid with a credit card even better, dispute the charge and again tell this idiot that is what you are doing.

Make sure to check you never signed anything saying you can't cancel the order as well. What a pain, I feel for you.

How about we all call him and ask him where the order is an REALLY blow up his phone...

Wow, did you look here as well lately...you are not the only unhappy person.https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...landspeed.html

Last edited by Garret; 05-01-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:03 PM
jasonyyu
Advanced

Originally Posted by Garret
Cancel the order in writing via certified letter that has to be signed for and tell this idiot tht is what you are doing. If you paid with a credit card even better, dispute the charge and again tell this idiot that is what you are doing.

Make sure to check you never signed anything saying you can't cancel the order as well. What a pain, I feel for you.

How about we all call him and ask him where the order is an REALLY blow up his phone...

Wow, did you look here as well lately...you are not the only unhappy person.https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...landspeed.html
thank you for your advice.

i have only called him less than 3 times
Old 05-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Nothing against the OP but it amazes me people continue to do business with this joint. When I am gonna shell out big bucks I do a little research on the company. I have read to many horror stories not to check any vendor out. If the price is to good to be true or a lot better than anyone else, there may be a reason and you may NOT like that reason.

Last edited by Vet Interested; 05-01-2018 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:44 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Simply dispute it if you still can. Most charges have a 3 month limit then can’t be disputed but you might get lucky. Simply put if he can’t provide tracking info as a vendor he loses the dispute period!
Old 05-01-2018, 08:23 PM
jasonyyu
Advanced

Originally Posted by brooklync5
Simply dispute it if you still can. Most charges have a 3 month limit then can’t be disputed but you might get lucky. Simply put if he can’t provide tracking info as a vendor he loses the dispute period!
he shipped me the free thermostat immediately after I told him I would dispute the charge with the bank. But not the actual x-pipe
Old 05-01-2018, 08:31 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

It is blatantly illegal for a business to act the way this one is. Those of you who have been conned, need to contact the Attorney General of Maryland and let them know. At this point, I would have to believe they are your best resource for help.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 973 Likes on 458 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by jasonyyu

he shipped me the free thermostat immediately after I told him I would dispute the charge with the bank. But not the actual x-pipe
Did you have to sign for it? If not, say you never got it... Problem solved. They must have delivered it to a different house...Never saw it.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Refuse delivery. Even if you were not home, and did not sign for it, call the shipper, and tell them you refuse delivery. They have to pick it up. Whatever you do, don't open the box.

Then cancel your order, and dispute any charges. Never pay for product in advance.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:07 PM
falcon5619
Burning Brakes

Received 297 Likes on 192 Posts

Ordered a BBE exhaust from this company before Christmas, just got it last week. Horrible experience, I feel your pain. I was naive, it was my first time purchasing from them and fell for the holiday pricing on the website. Live and learn, never again.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:18 PM
orripid
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Before I begin to let out my frustrations with Maryland speed in writing here, this is never my intention to write this piece in the first place. This is only after I felt I had been treated unfairly or even disrespected and lied in some way that forced me to write this on the forum.

I placed an order, on the 9th of December, for a set of Kooks Green Cats X-pipe. This is my third order with Branden, the owner. My last order for a set of Kooks catless header and x-pipe took over four months to arrive in the summer. Because of this, I knew I had to ask him before ordering over the phone again. I was promised 3-4 weeks max and thus I made the order. He generously gave me a nice discount on the order and threw in a free 160 degree thermostat.

Till today, I still have not received my order yet; almost 5 months or 20 weeks.

This is where I feel I have been treated unfairly or disrespected in some way; I should have used the other term to describe my treatment more accurately, but I decided not to. Since mid-January when I started to inquire Branden of my order despatch day. I sent him a message or two every week and I was always told "I will have a better update next week", or it will be ready next week (somewhere along the line). I was even told once in March that he had one in this office as we spoke and would be ready for despatch next week.

What made the situation even worse is when I told him i I would be graduating from USC on the 11th of May, which is next Friday, and I would start working for a company overseas and If my order still was not ready, please kindly accept my cancellation request. The response I got is "It is supposed to ship next week. The green Cats are special order. I cannot cancel them."

As always no update, I took it further to tell him I would ask my bank to step in. This is the crazy response that blew me away; "No I am not canceling your order. If you file a dispute I will fight it because the part is special order". His company immediately sent me the free thermostat that is part of the order. No x-pipe? This is very creative. Come on, 5 months for this item. we are all corvette guys and we know what Kooks lead time is. Let's not joke ourselves.

Whenever I called in lately, he got pissed and said i was blowing up his business line. He will respond only to my email. For the past 2 weeks, I have yet got an email response from him.

I am not sure how Maryland Speed has treated you all in the past. I know I have not been treated in a right way. Branden is a good businessman ( I agree), the way he conducts his business is out of order. His discounts come with a cost.

Please Comment below how I should resolve the situation. Thank you all for reading it through. I apologize for my grammatical errors in some sentences.
Why aren't you just buying the part off Amazon? Amazon ships and sells kooks, that's where I bought all my kooks stuff. Shipped and sold by Amazon not a third party. This is why u have to do things for yourself and not lean on others to order it for u. And the install was easy too. Just take your time. Save money and frustration. Kooks 1 7/8 headers, high flow 3" x pipe, to Corsa z06 exhaust. This fits base model c6 too
Old 05-01-2018, 09:21 PM
Z06Brucey
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I waited almost 3 months for a Nick Williams 102 TB from them for my CTS-V. I finally had to get AMEX involved to dispute the charge and get my money refunded. I will NEVER order from that place again! That place is ****!
Old 05-01-2018, 10:42 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcrider
It is blatantly illegal for a business to act the way this one is. Those of you who have been conned, need to contact the Attorney General of Maryland and let them know. At this point, I would have to believe they are your best resource for help.

btw: Md Speed has a 9 to 1 ratio of complaints. Out of 68 feed-backs w/the BBB 61 were negative. Read up on them before you contact the AG. There's a common pattern.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:34 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Maryland Speed was removed as a forum Vendor quite some time ago, so they will not be responding to this thread.

Get notified of new replies

To Disrespected and Lied by Maryland Speed Owner: Almost 5 Months Still Nothing

Quick Reply: Disrespected and Lied by Maryland Speed Owner: Almost 5 Months Still Nothing