Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Beware of Corvette Mods!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 11:53 AM
Tom's '07 Monty
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Beware of Corvette Mods!!!

I just completed a hydro carbon fiber MISADVENTURE with CORVETTE MODS. Seems I recall other negative posts about CORVETTE MODS.

In early March, I ordered a "hydro carbon fiber" vacuum pump actuator cover from their web site. The website showed this to include the pump cover (later found out this was a "cap.") and two bolt caps. What I received was a well made cover that did not include the "cap" for the top part of the pump and two bolt caps. The website showed the bolt caps as hydro carbon fiber covered but, I received two black, plastic caps. Also the carbon fiber design was different from other parts I had purchased from CORVETTE MODS.

I had the cover a couple of weeks before I installed it. Looks like feces with out the pump cap and mismatched carbon fiber design.

After three weeks going back and forth with CORVETTE MODS, they refused to accept a return ( I made three counter offers to share the costs). They offered to sell me a pump "CAP" for $45!!! I have already spent nearly $150 on this misadventure, I am not going to waste more money and no guarantee I will get what I need and that it will match!

CORVETTE MODS simple and final answer is: hydro carbon fiber items are custom made and therefore not returnable.

I guess this applies even if they misrepresent their product and if you buy covers as you get the money, there is no guarantee the pieces will match.

MY RECOMMENDATION: DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM CORVETTE MODS.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Check this thread out.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...vertising.html
Old 05-04-2018, 02:04 PM
corv1998
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Yes , me to . Not shopping there anymore also. Poor service , arrogant , never again. Southern car parts also.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:25 PM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

You guys may have read, but I was asking for opinions on a business I started with selling Sports Car apparel, which included Corvette. The Company name was Chariots Auto. Remember?

The reason I bring this up is because one of my vendors that embroiders the C7 flag emblems and Corvette script on the apparel refuses to work with Corvette Mods. They have had nothing but trouble and complaint from them, so they don't do the slightest business with them. It's really odd, but it must have been bad to black list them. And based on this thread....I can see why.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:39 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

I agree I got the same crap from them bad thing on my piece I even called them & ask the guy on the parts that come with this about the cover & the nut caps also was told yes.

Then when I got it without the caps I called them was told no I had to pay what ever it was more then for those. I then told them was shipping it back was told had to get a return order & that was going to cost me a restocking fee. Never the less I have the piece on my car now but will not buy nothing else from them at all.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:12 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Removed as a forum vendor years ago.

Get notified of new replies

To Beware of Corvette Mods!!!

Quick Reply: Beware of Corvette Mods!!!