Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Beware of Corvette Mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 03:37 PM
mrm13
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Beware of Corvette Mods

I would like to add to the long list of bad experiences shared on here with Corvettemods.com. These guys are a nightmare to deal with and I would highly recommend to steer clear of them.
My car had problems starting. I decided that since it is 17 years old I would not play the guessing game and just replace everything that may be causing the problem. The little plug in breaker by the clutch pedal was sourced in my local auto-parts store together with a new battery. That left the ignition switch and the starter. I don't know how I end up on Corvettemods website, but they had an ignition switch and a high performance starter, which was advertised as designed to be more powerful and more compact than the stock one, because it was supposedly designed to work with long tube headers. Sounded like a win to me. I ordered both parts and paid immediately with Paypal. Not the fastest shipping, but I had no problem waiting a couple of extra days. Not gonna put the car in the shop before I have the parts anyway, right? I receive a poorly packed package with nothing but a starter in it. After some rather difficult phone calls they promised the ignition switch will be send. Mind you, this was after I got hung up on twice and a lady who told me she's "just a middle-aged lady working for a minimal wage that started a week ago", so I should have no beef with her. Seriously?!?!
So I received the ignition switch and installing it did not solve the problem. To the shop we go. I have a couple of good friends that are very good mechanics and work for the local Honda dealership . They know their way around a LS motor and the whole thing went through the service department as an official work order. No corners cut. Well, the starter turned to be bigger than stock in every dimension. Longer, thicker and heavier. It could not be installed, because it did not fit. It was never wired or installed.
So I call Corvettemods and the same lady, that supposedly had just started gives me the lowdown on the return procedure. You go online to their site and request a "return form" to APPLY for return. After you fill it you send it for approval, where they decide if your item is approved to be returned. Then they send you your approval at which point you have to return the part at your cost and prove shipping and provide tracking. Once they receive it they need to "process the refund". After that process that may take up to 7 days, there may be another 7 days until the money is back in your account, depending on your bank. So far so good. A little bit more complicated than usual, but still fine.
I pack the starter and Fedex it to them and then call them with the tracking number. The same lady answers and assures me that I will get my refund once the item arrives. By the way, they made me ship it to some other company in Michigan, not back to them. I track the item and once it has been delivered, I wait three days and call them again. Same lady answers and confirms the item was received. I get upset that no one has contacted me and no refund has been issued. And I receive the same minimum-wage-started-a-week-ago speech. But she would look into it and I should be getting my money back within 7 days depending on my bank, because everything looks to be oK. A week passes by, 10 days, two weeks... No refund, no call, no e-mail.....crickets.....
So I call again and I am told that no refund will be issued because the part has been used. Excuse me!!!!? The part has not been used because it could not be installed. It could not be installed because it did not fit. It did not fit because it was the wrong part. Which is why I returned it. At this point I am getting mad, because it has been two months now that I am dealing with this and now I am been told that I am out of my money, have no part and out of a lot of time dealing with this BS. After I am given the minimum-wage-started-last-week speech for the third time now I start to question my sanity as it sounds to me like the same lady. At this point I tell her that I will just open a dispute with Paypal. Her response is that I should wait before I do that to see what she can do about it. But that I should be advised against doing such thing, because it would go on my credit report and lower my credit score. Now that's some BS that takes *****. I gave her few days just to receive an e-mail saying that there are scratches on the item so they are going out of their way to do me this great favor and offer me store credit for the price of the starter. WOW. How generous!!!
I don't want to ever do business with them and would not spend a penny at their "store". How hard is it to understand that? So I just want my refund. I did open a dispute with Paypal and have escalated it to a claim. I will probably get my $230 back eventually. But at this point I have invested so much time dealing with this that it exceeds the amount owed.
I just wanted to put this out there, so I can save other people a potential endless headache.
Will keep you posted of the outcome.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:52 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Corvette Mods was removed as a Forum Vendor years ago and will not be responding to this thread.

Also do not need 4 of these threads.

Quick Reply: Beware of Corvette Mods