Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Walker DynaMax UltraFlow Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 08:33 PM
1990CONV
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Walker DynaMax UltraFlow Warranty

Important information when making an exhaust decision. I have owned my 1990 Corvette for many years. About 15 years ago I decided to change my exhaust out. I was impressed with the Walker DynaMax Ultraflow SST 304 mufflers. I purchased them with the SST “Y” pipe. They were at that time listed as “Lifetime warranty” (not limited lifetime). When I installed them I noticed the supplied elbows with the mufflers were plain carbon steel and not stainless like the rest of the system. Again the warranty stated lifetime so I did not care. Fast forward to this spring. I noticed that the elbows both had rotted thru in several spots. I still had my warranty info I contacted Walker who is now Tennaco. I supplied all the documentation and pics. I was told that the polished SST mufflers are no longer in production and the warranty is now void. I clearly stated that all I needed were two new elbows that are unique in their bend and size. I was again was told sorry but that they no longer carry this product and I was on my own. I noticed they sold a similar muffler (about $90 each) but it was not polished and the elbows are now welded to the mufflers. I asked for a swap out (even thou they are less expensive) but they replied that it was impossible because the part numbers are different. Again I reiterated my original request was to keep my original polished mufflers and just get replacement elbows similar to the ones on the new current design. Their final response was they wanted me to send back the mufflers and the attached rotted elbows and they would consider a refund of my original purchase price (about $150.00 each). I started researching the elbows and found that no local muffler shop could bend the tight radius. I found on Summit racing elbows that were 2.25 “ 120 degrees and had the tight bend radius. I purchased them and cut them to length. I expanded one end to slip over the 2.25” Y pipe. On the other end I wrapped the pipe with a 2” wide 304 stainless strap and welded it in place to bump the diameter to 2.50”. I polished the parts and installed them. They are better than original. The elbows cost me a little over $80.00. I have hours into the modifications. I contacted Walker (Tennaco) and asked for just the reimbursement of the $80.00 and NO labor cost. I was told they would not do that and that they were happy I fixed the situation. I see now that their warranty is listed as limited and the new mufflers are advertised as ‘POSSIBLY the last muffler you will buy” Be aware of their empty warranty and assume no after the sale support.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:35 PM
confab
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 295 Posts

You've posted this three times that I am aware of.. I understand you are angry, but spamming this everywhere will PROBABLY get you in trouble.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:44 PM
1990CONV
Advanced

No I just posted it in on Corvette Forum in two areas. I just want people to be aware before they spend their money. As for being in trouble.. I think not.. Just good accurate info .NO FAKE NEWS HERE!
Old 05-08-2018, 08:46 PM
confab
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 295 Posts

Just your friendly, neighborhood, confab.. Tryin' to help out!!!

Old 05-08-2018, 09:11 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

I know you are not happy, but they were willing to go WAY out of their way to keep you happy with the refund. That says a lot about a Company these days.

Any Company offering LIFETIME these days you should only consider partial or as long as it survives. Changing owners is a major thign and no longer the same company.

I had those mufflers too, dynomax are cheap and sound great IMO.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:03 PM
1990CONV
Advanced

I forgot to better explain. After numerous rejections from several different customer service reps I sent a letter to the company. I asked for an official definition of their interpretation of “Lifetime Warranty”. It was only after that i received the offer to return them so that they make a refund determination!
Old 05-09-2018, 07:47 AM
fake
Safety Car

Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

Good job you have to push today because every one is trying to screw you. I wish more people like you would come out and spend the time.We will not get quality products and good customer service if we do not BITCH!

Get notified of new replies

To Walker DynaMax UltraFlow Warranty

Quick Reply: Walker DynaMax UltraFlow Warranty