Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Wilcox and patience

Old 05-16-2018, 12:42 PM
Bill Pilon
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 136 Posts

I've dealt with Wilcox for several years, I first dealt with Norm and Ernie after him and have never had a problem with them, we need more vendors like them it shows they care abut their customers.

Bill
Old 05-16-2018, 01:33 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 257 Likes on 209 Posts

It's a small operation, sometimes you have to call just to remind them. They're always ready to help.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:04 PM
riverracer au
Melting Slicks

Received 290 Likes on 177 Posts

I try to buy from them because they have a shipping calculator on their site.
Being downunder, shipping is expensive, we don't get no free shipping from any vendors, so I like to know in advance how much it will be.
Sometimes I get a tracking number, mostly not. Have emailed them to get one, no response.
With some vendors I can get stuff usually less than 10 days, unfortunately my last order took 6 weeks, with no tracking.
And it's not like shipping is cheap here, we pay a premium for international orders.
(Another vendor tried to charge me 45$ to post a few engine bay stickers, then another wanted 70$ to post a headlight switch....)

Will I still use Willcox, sure,
but in this day n age, we need better shipping.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:59 AM
Jetglow
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 73 Posts

All Corvette parts dealers get the parts from the same manufacturer and sometimes a certain part says in stock when it is not from the manufacturer because they make some things to order. I order stuff from other vendors sometimes that says in stock and takes 2 weeks to get. Dealers are at the mercy of the manufacturers who simply drop ship for the dealer many times.
I live 30 min from Willcox. If I say I want to pick it up, it cost me the same as having it shipped directly to my house because it still costs Willcox the same to ship to their store.... so i don't pick it up.
I ordered a a few parts from Corvette America that were "in Stock" that most recently took 2 weeks for me to get. It was 4 different parts....3 of them came in 2-3 days and the other came in 2 weeks.
Nobody is immune.....so it really just comes down to who you are loyal too and who you prefer to buy parts from. Willcox is just as good or bad as all the others out there...nobody is immune.. The thing I have noticed about Willcox out of all the others is that they actually help you with problems and are a working shop after you buy. They have great instructions...video tutorials that nobody else has and they like to help you no matter who you purchase from. That says a lot.....

Last edited by Jetglow; 05-19-2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:22 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Originally Posted by The13Bats
I have zero clue if there is any relation but mr willcox i heard somewhere retired?

I hope this is not the case here but time and again i have seen an owner retire, sell or pass on and what was a stunning outfit goes to gell in a handbag, very sad,

Ive only needed parts a few times that i could buy from willcox one sale was perfect then another, well the guy who answered the phone cost them that sale

But no getting past the priceless contributions to the hobby mr willcox has given us here and i do know the store is at the mercy to some degree of the suppliers,

Seems across the board vette parts stores are not actually stocking said parts just acting as middleman so to speak.

Living in Louisville, i can tell that Mr Wilcox has not owned a dealership (or this parts store) for several decades.

Last edited by RACE U; 05-21-2018 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:01 PM
Jetglow
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 73 Posts

Yea I called there a few months ago and was asking some questions about buying parts when the person on the other end said in a shitty way...people must think I have a piece of plastic permanently attached to my ear or something .... so I said thank you and bought parts elsewhere... that bummed me .
The guy was obviously frustrated already when I called..... but it has kept me from buying parts there. I wanted to give them the business because I like keeping local businesses in business. I’ve purchase an entire interior over the past month... could have spent it there instead of elsewhere.

What I said in previous post is still true and can’t blame them for stuff not showing up instantly at your door or being backorded. ..... but what I said above is no excuse

Last edited by Jetglow; 05-21-2018 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:15 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Originally Posted by Jetglow
Yea I called there a few months ago and was asking some questions about buying parts when the person on the other end said in a shitty way...people must think I have a piece of plastic permanently attached to my ear or something .... so I said thank you and bought parts elsewhere... that bummed me .
The guy was obviously frustrated already when I called..... but it has kept me from buying parts there. I wanted to give them the business because I like keeping local businesses in business. I’ve purchase an entire interior over the past month... could have spent it there instead of elsewhere.

What I said in previous post is still true and can’t blame them for stuff not showing up instantly at your door or being backorded. ..... but what I said above is no excuse
agreed.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:10 PM
taylor34
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

When I started out buying parts for my C3, I always bought from there (like 6 years ago). The shipping was slow back then too. Eventually I just got tired of it and stopped buying there unless I absolutely have to. There is one workaround though, if you buy from ebay they seem to be a lot faster about shipping plus you can get ebay bucks/ebates stuff and save money. And if they don't ship for 10 days there's that feedback system, so they have an incentive to ship quickly there. Honestly I've bought almost all my parts off ebay lately.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:57 AM
stingr69
Le Mans Master

Received 1,039 Likes on 805 Posts

Having trouble with them now. Ordered on the 5th and still do not have weatherstrip kit and now it is the end of the month. Would have been nice to have weatherstrip kit over the long holiday weekend but, no dice. Sent email to customer service and waited a few days before calling as we got no response. We discussed it over the phone and identified what happened to the shipment but I was so shocked at my end by thier lack of concern for my situation, we never discussed the possible resolution.... Just ID'd what happened and thats all. I need to call back to see what they are planning to do about this.

Just posting my experience here.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:44 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 771 Likes on 644 Posts

Seems this fits here,

I have all kinds of mixed up feelings about disputes and how to post them and all that goes with the negitive stuff,
To me a vendor is a vendor i dont care if they pay for the right to say so on here.

Mr willcox has a thread in general, for tech questions to be presented to him,
Might should be made sticky

I believe his last paragraph sums up his feelings on issues threads like this are presenting and in that i have mixed feelings,

Last edited by The13Bats; 05-31-2018 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:49 PM
tejasak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am glad to see I am not the only one that has had issues with Willcox. I have always appreciated how they support the community so even when they might have been a bit more I ordered from them. Here lately I have both called and emailed for order updates and have not had friendliest exchanges. Maybe I am spoiled on shipping but on simple order inquiries, I shouldn't feel like they are doing me a favor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wilcox and patience