Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Bad seller among us

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 11:30 AM
hkopp
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 Snowboarder
Mr HKopp -- I'd do business with you...thanks for the effort you took in the response.
Thank you sir...I appreciate that.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:50 AM
mcm95403
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 223 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by hkopp
First of all, I'm EXTREMELY disappointed in several of you here...for not just believing this nonsense with no proof other than Marc claiming I ripped him off, but for those whom have messaged and emailed me thru the forum system today with the crass, rude, and threatening remarks. Vet Interested - this includes you. Thanks to those of you for going out of your way to send me nasties with profanity and the threats - you really are mature. There are always 2 sides to every story...and Marc left out ALL of the details so he would look like the victim here from a 'new member' with only 14 posts. Pathetic.

As you can see in the pictures of my NAV For Sale from Marcs post, the Navigation unit is as close to new as you can get. There are ZERO blemishes on the screen and buttons, and belonged to and removed from a 6000 mile car from a Senior member on this forum with over 12,000 posts (I'm not including his name as this no longer involves him, but if he wishes to chime in, please do). I purchased the Navigation unit for $350, and after sending the funds and waiting for the unit to arrive I researched and found that the unit did not support steering wheel controls which I have in my 08. The unit, up until Marc had it installed. was still mated to his VIN, as I never installed it but I trust that it worked just fine. I also paid for insurance when I purchased it, something Marc didnt even ask for. Once it arrived I placed it on the shelf and listed it back for sale. I ended up taking a $100 loss.

I then purchased an 08 Nav unit from Erick (whom is also belongs to this forum), but purchased it via FB Marketplace on March 15th of this year. I've included a few of those posts between him and I along with the date, which I also mention in that conversation that I bought an 07 Nav but learned it wouldnt work with my steering wheel controls.

Read thru the attached posts between Marc and I. Marc tried several times to back out of the purchase after it was shipped because he didnt research the unit and assumed it had internal storage and would play mp3's from the dvd. After several posts of him complaining about him buying the unit and it not having that functionality (NONE OF THEM DO!!!) I finally placed him on my ignore list. I've dealt with enough scammers and those with buyers remorse, and if someone buys something and regrets it afterwards I am not paying for their mistake. If they want that safety net they can buy new from a brick and mortar. Now 14 days later he is claiming it arrived broken and he is forced to have it repaired. Balony. He has tried to get his money back since he learned the factory units don't have internal mp3 storage or play mp3's from a DVD - which is no fault of mine. Marc can contact Paypal...I have a perfect record with them (and Ebay) with over $100k in sales and purchases thru them and have never had anyone question my integrity. After posting this I am adding Marc back to my ignore list. I don't trust him and don't want to hear any of his lies about being 'scammed' by me. Marc, don't even bother messaging me directly as the system doesn't even notify me. Go ahead and contact Paypal, I have emailed the person I bought the unit from this evening and he has assured me it was working when pulled and will testify to Paypal or whomever as well. And like EVROSE mentioned, what you are claiming is happening with the unit is not typical behavior with those units, so if you dropped it on the ground on purpose in order to get a refund that way....enjoy your brick. We both know it was packaged perfectly too...if not you would have complained about that as well.

If some of you don't wish to buy or sell to me over this, even after reading the entire conversation, so be it. I have a clean conscience but also don't allow people to take advantage of me either....

Doesn't negate the fact that I received a broken part and you failed to respond to my multiple PM's and posts. It's also not "2 weeks later" as the first PM I sent you on this was on 5-25, then again on the 30th - plus the posts to 2 different threads. Yes, I did want to cancel the sale, but since it had shipped already I decided to live with it and pit my music on 2 or 3 cd's instead. Interesting how you turn around a defective part to make yourself the victim. I'll post the estimate from the repair shop as soon as I get it so everyone can see that too,

Last edited by pewter99; 06-06-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:33 PM
mcm95403
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

And, since you saw fit to publish my mailing address online without my consent, here is yours - on the undamaged box you sent the nav unit in - so don't try to blame shipping damage either.

Old 06-04-2018, 01:39 PM
hkopp
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mcm95403
Doesn't negate the fact that I received a broken part and you failed to respond to my multiple PM's and posts. It's also not "2 weeks later" as the first PM I sent you on this was on 5-25, then again on the 30th - plus the posts to 2 different threads. Yes, I did want to cancel the sale, but since it had shipped already I decided to live with it and pit my music on 2 or 3 cd's instead. Interesting how you turn around a defective part to make yourself the victim. I'll post the estimate from the repair shop as soon as I get it so everyone can see that too,
Marc as I said in my reply...after your pm's complaining about making a mistake, not researching, your buyers remorse, and wanting a refund, I added you to my 'ignore user' list. I did not 'fail to respond' to anything, because I never received any pm's from you and posts you made on the original sale post were not visible to me nor was I notified via email that you had replied. That's how the Ignore feature works. I have added you back to my Ignore list and won't see any in the future pm's either - I'm not going to continue listening to your BS. The unit was not 'defective' in any way, shape, or form...and the person I bought it from said he will attest to that if you attempt to rip me off. From my perspective...it sure sounds shady that you tried backing out of the transaction because you had buyers remorse, and when that didn't pan out its suddenly broken.

The original 'For Sale' post is still up with detailed photos of the NAV and its condition, and its obvious that it is in like new condition. I've shared actual screenshots of our conversation which you conveniently left out from your attempt to discredit me and my reputation here. Now that we've both shared our sides of the transaction, CF members can decide for themselves what to believe or not. As mentioned earlier, this thread should have the topic 'Bad Buyer among us'. And Marc, providing a receipt for a 'repair' doesn't prove that you didn't damage the unit in your attempt to 'figure out what to do with it next' or if you even created the fake receipt yourself. I'm not discussing this any further with you, goodbye.

Sellers beware...

*EDIT: I didn't post your info intentionally, and would have removed it had you simply asked. Its obvious you are vindictive and posted my personal info intentionally and on Youtube - outside of the CF forum. Doing so you violated Youtube's policies of sharing personal information of another person without their consent and I have reported your channel. Just proves what an ignorant person you are.

Last edited by hkopp; 06-04-2018 at 02:01 PM. Reason: added response regarding youtube link violation
Old 06-04-2018, 02:43 PM
mcm95403
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by hkopp
Marc as I said in my reply...after your pm's complaining about making a mistake, not researching, your buyers remorse, and wanting a refund, I added you to my 'ignore user' list. I did not 'fail to respond' to anything, because I never received any pm's from you and posts you made on the original sale post were not visible to me nor was I notified via email that you had replied. That's how the Ignore feature works. I have added you back to my Ignore list and won't see any in the future pm's either - I'm not going to continue listening to your BS. The unit was not 'defective' in any way, shape, or form...and the person I bought it from said he will attest to that if you attempt to rip me off. From my perspective...it sure sounds shady that you tried backing out of the transaction because you had buyers remorse, and when that didn't pan out its suddenly broken.

The original 'For Sale' post is still up with detailed photos of the NAV and its condition, and its obvious that it is in like new condition. I've shared actual screenshots of our conversation which you conveniently left out from your attempt to discredit me and my reputation here. Now that we've both shared our sides of the transaction, CF members can decide for themselves what to believe or not. As mentioned earlier, this thread should have the topic 'Bad Buyer among us'. And Marc, providing a receipt for a 'repair' doesn't prove that you didn't damage the unit in your attempt to 'figure out what to do with it next' or if you even created the fake receipt yourself. I'm not discussing this any further with you, goodbye.

Sellers beware...

*EDIT: I didn't post your info intentionally, and would have removed it had you simply asked. Its obvious you are vindictive and posted my personal info intentionally and on Youtube - outside of the CF forum. Doing so you violated Youtube's policies of sharing personal information of another person without their consent and I have reported your channel. Just proves what an ignorant person you are.
See you in small claims court then I guess.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:49 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Get a freaking room you two babies!!!

Last edited by Don-Vette; 06-04-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:49 PM
speedy08
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope u sue his *** in court for that
Old 06-04-2018, 03:06 PM
tekheavy
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Why would you put that video on Youtube? That's beyond childish. That's down right criminal.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:09 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Take this offline from here.

Quick Reply: Bad seller among us