Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Did I Get......

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 09:14 AM
BRKLYN
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

Before doing anything to the Vette, consult here first. I would suggest a tech school night course and a local club, most guys turn wrenches and can help, or at least save you many $$$.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:42 AM
ScottMcCutchen
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About this repair and to provide some feedback...

Hello, Scott here from County Corvette. I spoke with James our Service Manager about this situation. Here's a bit more information and feedback about this job...

The job for spark plugs and wires were quoted at 1.5 hours. During the job we found all 8 coils heavily corroded our tech cleaned each one but found 3 to be in bad shape. This is when we suggested to the owner they be replaced while cleaning and saving the remaining 5. Since the customer was waiting in our showroom for the repair work, we had no other option than to go to the Chevrolet Dealership for the parts to get them within the hour. We showed the customer the coils in question and let him know what it would be extra. We explained he could leave them or replace them but our opinion would be to replace to be on the safe side. The customer decided to move forward with the coils. The retail on these coils are $101/each, exactly what one would pay at a dealership so this added $304 in parts and we changed an additional ½ hour labor to clean the remaining coils. The spark plugs, wires and installation came to $418 plus the added work for the corroded coils of $367.

Our labor rate is comparative with local dealerships and independent shops in the area. Parts are sold at retail as we do need to (as they say) “keep the lights on” as well as stand behind the parts we install, pay for insurances, salaries of highly skilled techs, workman’s comp, rent to keep everyone’s car inside overnight, top of the line equipment, etc. While we may not be the shop for everyone, we pride ourselves in what we do not ‘rip people off’. I wanted to respond to add some clarity, not argue pricing, etc.

Thank you.

Last edited by ScottMcCutchen; 07-17-2018 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:12 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,282 Likes on 13,960 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Moving this to Transactions Feedback and closing the thread as per the rules. The rule is referenced here https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-feedback.html

If there are any updates that need to be made to the thread, please let me know and I will add them as appropriate.

Quick Reply: Did I Get......