Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

My personal experience with Weapon X Motorsports (2 thumbs down)

Old 07-20-2018, 10:58 AM
KY_C5
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My personal experience with Weapon X Motorsports (2 thumbs down)

I recently had to go pick up my C6 from Weapon X, incomplete, I was going to keep my displeasure to myself. However, once we dug into the car and looked at the work they actually completed, I don't feel its right for me to keep this to myself. I'm just going to put this out there incase anyone is on the fence about taking their car to them for work.

November 2017 I contacted them about having a new standalone system installed on my turbo C6, it had a Haltech Sport system on the car. I wanted to get the ball rolling early so I could be ready by the time the track opened in Spring. I made it very clear to everyone I ever spoke with at Weapon X that I wanted to get this done quickly and if there was any issue with that, to please let me know so I could go else where.

Blake recommended I switch over to a Holley Dominator system, which he stated they where experts in installing and tuning. Which I quickly agreed to. We ordered all the pars needed and January 10th I delivered my car to them. I was told that day it would take approximately 2 to 3 weeks to install the dominator and touch screen and another week to get the tuning completed. I was supposed to have wastegate tune, big power tune as well as flex fuel tune. I was told my existing egt sensors would integrate with the system and that I would have traction/ launch control feature.

The first week of July I was forced to make the trip back up to Weapon X to pick my car up, incomplete. 6 months my car was there and it is far from being ready.

No egt sensors where hooked up and my car made 1 dyno pull on the waste gate.
All wiring that was completed looks like an amateur did the job.

I cant begin to explain how disappointed I am in the way EVERYTHING was handled by Weapon X. I was told over and over again that my car was so close and only needed 1 more week to be done. Then 2 weeks went by and I was told the same thing. Big promises with no delivery. My car was already at their shop for 5 months before Blake told me he needed to order me a new set of Holley injectors and that my FIC 1650's were not compatible with the Holley system. Which of course is not true, but I agreed to do in hopes of actually getting my car done. 2 weeks after that Blake discovered that I actually needed a separate module to be integrated with the Holley system for my EGT sensors to work. There where no boost controller solenoids hooked up in the car, 2 new ones where in the box in my trunk. Now that I have my car back and took it to a shop that actually knows the Holley system, turns out I had to order another module for the Traction/Launch control feature to work. In no Universe does an "Expert" of a standalone system not know these things will be needed for the functions we discussed to work properly.

So after 6 months, having to order over $2000 worth of parts that where not previously discussed my car is not done and we are ***** deep into summer. Several times during my conversations with Blake about why my car wasn't done, I gave him the opportunity to be honest with me. I told him there would be no hard feelings but I would come get my car and get it completed elsewhere. EVERY time we had this discussion he guaranteed me that he was working on my car and it would be completed in the next 1-2 weeks.

I was also supposed to get a set of valve coversand have my coils relocated under my intakewhich wasn't done either.
I stopped by once during winter while I was close by and discovered my car sitting outside in the snow, with my passenger window slightly cracked. My hi rise intake had been removed and they wrapped a piece of plastic over the hole in my hood.

Everyone I have ever talked to or dealt with at Weapon X has been very friendly and polite. I want to be clear about that. HOWEVER, they told me lie after lie after lie. Now that I have the car back and got a chance to tear into it, I am even more disappointed at the lack of craftsmanship or professionalism on the install. It looks like complete ****!!!

I will attempt to attach a short video that shows the rats nest of wiring they left in my fender. I would never recommend this shop to anyone and sincerely recommend you avoid them at all costs.

I have since then also talked to 2 other guys with C7's that where in the same boat as me. Cars there for months, not getting done and what was done wasn't done well.

I have dozens of emails and texts with both Blake and then a few with the owner Ben, incase anyone wants to dispute anything that I am saying.

I've never bashed anyone online or even left a bad review, but this place is too much and I just want to throw this out there, in hopes someone in my shoes sees it and avoids a huge headache and waste of money.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:01 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I certainly will dispute what you are saying here Julian because you're telling half of the truth. This car certainly did take longer than we expected because it was an ABSOLUTE MESS when it came in. We could've built a car from the ground up easier than figuring out everything that was wrong with this. You're trying to use this video as an example of our work that wasn't finished because you wanted the car back? I honestly cannot believe you even have the nerve to try to call us out on this because the rats nest of wiring all over that car already made it extremely difficult to even navigate. Had it been a "simple" Dominator install, it could've been done a lot sooner, but Blake had to go through this thing personally and fix the shoddy work, and at every turn it was another mess uncovered that had to be fixed in order to move forward because we weren't putting our name on something with the amount of issues this had. The pics we have of this car would be eye opening for any readers. This mess that you FORGOT TO MENTION lead to you spending more than you anticipated, which lead to taking longer because it wasn't originally allocated the time. I'm not saying it couldn't have been done sooner, but Blake was working on that during the day some, a ton of nights, weekends, etc trying to get this done.

If this gives anyone an idea of the **** show, you haven't seen anything yet. Once panels started being removed, what was under was just ridiculous. So, compare this to the video of our unfinished work and draw your own conclusions... only the EGT and wheel speed are the only wires that don't look the cleanest and that's because we needed additional components to wire them and did not know until the end, to which you were explained. We got the car as a complete mess. There were no relays powering fans or oil return pump, fuel pumps needed completely rewired WITH relays this time, the fuel pressure regulator wasn't secured to anything, random and unnecessary vacuum lines, catch cans were a mess and not secured, the car was missing hardware throughout, throttle body had a hole drilled in it because they obviously couldn't even get it to run and idle properly.

Perfect example of the kind of "truth" you're telling here, YOU were the one who did not want to have the valve covers on the car, YOU canceled them, yet you're trying to use this as something we did not do. Yet you thought you were paying 45% off but then when you saw them on the invoice at retail, you jumped at the chance to apply that money to the open balance.
"Last I talked to Blake the valve covers that I added to the build day I dropped my car off where still not completed. I was originally told by Eddie that I would get 45% off on them to be told 5 months later that there is no discount on them anymore. Since it’s been 5 months and they are still not done anyway I would like to be credited back the 999$ I was charged for them."

The work was not completed because you didn't want to wait anymore, which was fine, but I'm not going to be your whipping boy and I'll be damned if you're going to call us liars. Normally, I would never disrespect someone's car; however, you have left me no choice. This was such a cluster F of a car, that we have since put a policy in place to not accept any cars in this condition ever again!
Old 07-20-2018, 07:17 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Per the rules, both parties have posted. Therefore, this thread is now closed.

Get notified of new replies

To My personal experience with Weapon X Motorsports (2 thumbs down)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My personal experience with Weapon X Motorsports (2 thumbs down)