Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

caravaggio corvettes My Experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 09:57 AM
Rasahghull
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caravaggio corvettes My Experience

Thought I would come on here and give my review and experience I had with John at Caravaggio. I'll make this as short as possible as its quiet a long story. I called john to get some components on my zr1 done, he was very responsive and helpful with helping me choose the right color combinations. I paid him in full (close to 10k) about a month in advance so the seats could get worked on immediately. John told me it would take about 3 weeks to get the components done and shipped out. ill fast forward a bit over 3 months, during the 3 months I had emailed him a number of times just asking for an update.. at times it would go two weeks with no response. At that point I was actually worried that he legit went out of business because no one was returning my calls or emails. I even reached out to his daughter who works at the company, this happened more than once and was very frustrating. in the end the seats were sent to me at about 4 months in. Get this... he sent the seats, yet didn't sent the steering wheel and a few other pieces... he told me they mislabeled the items in shipping and it was held up at the boarder.. about 2-3 weeks later I received the steering wheel but still no shifter ****. When I looked into the tracking information I realized that he had lied and the parts were not held up at customs at all, they were sent directly out of his facility a few days prior to receiving. Eventually I got the shifter **** but was driving my car for a few weeks without a shifter. So in the end customer service was the worst and being lied to is not so much fun especially when you pay the guy 10k. The work he did is great we all know that, but he seems to be a bit unreliable, and if I had to guess very disorganized. I hope this helps people if they are deciding to use him, I had big plans to use him for a bunch of other cars and components on my car but honestly cant deal with a person who treats his customers like that. Some things are more important to me than quality of work, like how you treat your customers. This was not meant to bash him in anyway but to give my honest review.
Old 08-21-2018, 03:54 PM
jdgrant
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had a similar experience with John Caravaggio when I ordered a custom steering wheel and airbag cover for my 2017 on 7/06/18. I was told 2 -3 weeks originally. I spoke to John weekly and was flat out lied too every time, 6 weeks from the order date still no parts! I was told that they were cutting the leather, then told it was shipped, then told it was hung up in Customs, then told I would have a shipping tracking number by Thursday 8/23. Clearly John has an issue with the truth and is not upfront with his customers. Based on his words, the steering wheel and cover had not even been made yet! I too paid upfront & I understand why when ordering custom parts, but for the love of Pete, this guy cannot keep his word for anything. Treating customers this way will ruin a reputation!
I too called my credit card company to cancel the transaction, $1700.00. Like you, who can have that much money hung out there without anything to show for it? Lastly, not once did he ever return my call, I had to call repeatedly to ever speak to him, not good customer service.
As I see it, I could never recommend him or his company to anyone.....

Quick Reply: caravaggio corvettes My Experience