Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Caravaggio Corvettes Bad Experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 09:27 AM
Ninety-Nine FRC
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Caravaggio Corvettes Bad Experience

On April 9, 2018 I placed an order over the phone for a wheel, horn pad, shifter/boot, e-brake/boot, and console lid cover. ~$3000 paid in full. Was quoted 5-6 weeks. Emailed John again at 6 weeks and was told they had gotten behind but were now working on my parts. That’s the last response I’ve been able to get. I’ve emailed several times since and called and left voicemail that have gone unreturned. I finally gave up and filed a dispute with my credit card company after over 4 months of waiting.

All of my communications to them have been polite and professional. I can provide them here if necessary.

Last edited by Ninety-Nine FRC; 08-17-2018 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-17-2018, 04:30 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Something had to happen someway that just don't sound like John at all. But again stuff happens to people & can turn 180 out from what it was.. Man hate it for you like the 6 weeks was long enough here but I can understand in that type of business. That is being behind but that & more so not every getting back up with you that is uncalled for...… Robert
Old 08-17-2018, 09:56 PM
Ninety-Nine FRC
Instructor

I don’t care at all that it has taken this long. I also still want the stuff. I just can’t be ghosted and have that much cash laid out. If John sees this, please just send me the parts. I still really want them.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:43 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Ninety-Nine FRC
I don’t care at all that it has taken this long. I also still want the stuff. I just can’t be ghosted and have that much cash laid out. If John sees this, please just send me the parts. I still really want them.
If he is still a vendor in here get a mod to send him a email r message. Robert
Old 08-21-2018, 11:18 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,325 Likes on 2,774 Posts

Ninety, are you saying they are a Vendor or Member here? I’m not seeing that name in a search.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:13 PM
jdgrant
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ninety Nine, I just had a similar experience with John Caravaggio when I ordered a custom steering wheel and airbag cover for my 2017 on 7/06/18. I was told 2 -3 weeks originally. I spoke to John weekly and was flat out lied too every time, 6 weeks from the order date still no parts! I was told that they were cutting the leather, then told it was shipped, then told it was hung up in Customs, then told I would have a shipping tracking number by Thursday 8/23. Clearly John has an issue with the truth and is not upfront with his customers. Based on his words, the steering wheel and cover had not even been made yet! I too paid upfront & I understand why when ordering custom parts, but for the love of Pete, this guy cannot keep his word for anything. Treating customers this way will ruin a reputation!
I too called my credit card company to cancel the transaction, $1700.00. Like you, who can have that much money hung out there without anything to show for it? Lastly, not once did he ever return my call, I had to call repeatedly to ever speak to him, not good customer service.
As I see it, I could never recommend him or his company to anyone.....
Old 08-21-2018, 03:17 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,679 Likes on 1,481 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by robert miller
Something had to happen someway that just don't sound like John at all. But again stuff happens to people & can turn 180 out from what it was.. Man hate it for you like the 6 weeks was long enough here but I can understand in that type of business. That is being behind but that & more so not every getting back up with you that is uncalled for...… Robert
I agree. I ordered a rear spoiler for my C5 from Caravaggio in 2011 during one of the group purchase deals and received it about four weeks later. Considering he ships from Canada and has to go through customs, etc., I think that was a good turn-around timeframe, however I also think he already had the molds completed and they were in stock due to the group buy offer.

Fast forward to June 18, 2018 when I ordered a custom steering wheel and air bag cover for my new Z06. I also pre-paid and I was quoted a build time of 5 weeks and we're now going on 10 weeks with no additional status so it can be frustrating. Many vendors are very responsive pre-sale, etc., however as many know, it's the post-sale communication that prompts repeat buyers and references.

I know he makes great stuff, however I think he needs to hire someone to manage the phones/emails.

Last edited by MSG C5; 08-21-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:41 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MSG C5
I agree. I ordered a rear spoiler for my C5 from Caravaggio in 2011 during one of the group purchase deals and received it about four weeks later. Considering he ships from Canada and has to go through customs, etc., I think that was a good turn-around timeframe, however I also think he already had the molds completed and they were in stock due to the group buy offer.

Fast forward to June 18, 2018 when I ordered a custom steering wheel and air bag cover for my new Z06. I also pre-paid and I was quoted a build time of 5 weeks and we're now going on 10 weeks with no additional status so it can be frustrating. Many vendors are very responsive pre-sale, etc., however as many know, it's the post-sale communication that prompts repeat buyers and references.

I know he makes great stuff, however I think he needs to hire someone to manage the phones/emails.
I agree now from all the guys that have posted up crap on him. I hate to see a really good guy that has put out some really good stuff go like this. I also have got some stuff from him in the past the parts was really great... Robert
Old 08-21-2018, 04:55 PM
jdgrant
Navigator

Originally Posted by robert miller
I agree now from all the guys that have posted up crap on him. I hate to see a really good guy that has put out some really good stuff go like this. I also have got some stuff from him in the past the parts was really great... Robert
The way I see it is, whatever the reviews Caravaggio gets, he made a choice to run his business this way. He is reaping what he has sowed!

His work looks incredible, but I cannot abide a liar! And I will not tolerate being treated the way he did me!!!
Old 08-21-2018, 10:34 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jdgrant
The way I see it is, whatever the reviews Caravaggio gets, he made a choice to run his business this way. He is reaping what he has sowed!

His work looks incredible, but I cannot abide a liar! And I will not tolerate being treated the way he did me!!!
Would feel the same as you on him & anyone else would also if it was them.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:54 PM
Ninety-Nine FRC
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
Ninety, are you saying they are a Vendor or Member here? I’m not seeing that name in a search.
I don’t know if they’re a vendor or not. I think they are or were at one time. Regardless, it is my experience with them CF vendor or not.

If if they are a vendor, I don’t intend to bash them. Just state the facts of my experience.

John is the the only vendor of custom leather work that suited my taste for my car. I will reiterate that I still want these items and my goal for resolution of this is him getting paid and me getting his fine craftsmanship in my car. I have just about given up hope though.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:56 AM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Finalist

I don’t know if they’re a vendor or not. I think they are or were at one time. Regardless, it is my experience with them CF vendor or not.

If if they are a vendor, I don’t intend to bash them. Just state the facts of my experience.

John is the the only vendor of custom leather work that suited my taste for my car. I will reiterate that I still want these items and my goal for resolution of this is him getting paid and me getting his fine craftsmanship in my car. I have just about given up hope though.
Considering you ordered your steering wheel and horn pad (+ other) two months before me and still haven't received your parts is concerning for me as well since I'm behind you in line. I will reach out again on email today, but I haven't received a response to the follow-up email I sent in late July. Again, I think he needs to hire a temp to work the communications. If I had been told the build time is 3 months, I still would have made the purchase, but I'm trying to coordinate some shop time to install the steering wheel/horn pad with some other mods I have sitting in boxes in my garage.

Does anyone know who the carrier is he uses to ship? UPS? Fedex? Other?

Last edited by MSG C5; 08-22-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:33 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,325 Likes on 2,774 Posts

I wasn’t questioning your post, I was just trying to see if I could contact him and point him to your thread.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:47 AM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369

I wasn’t questioning your post, I was just trying to see if I could contact him and point him to your thread.
Caravaggio Corvettes is not listed as a vendor, however he is a 15-year member under "John @ Caravaggio Corvettes". I reached out to him after seeing one of his threads showing a custom C7Z steering wheel. Not sure if his vendor status had changed over the years.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:56 AM
Ninety-Nine FRC
Instructor

I finally received a reply from John today. . He says he was working on my stuff but stopped on Monday (8/20/18) due to the chargeback. I told him to deliver the items, prove to Chase they were delivered, and the chargeback would be undone by the credit card company automatically.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:04 PM
jdgrant
Navigator

I finally received a reply from John today. . He says he was working on my stuff but stopped on Monday (8/20/18) due to the chargeback. I told him to deliver the items, prove to Chase they were delivered, and the chargeback would be undone by the credit card company automatically.
Ninety-Nine, isn't is a shame that you have to get ugly and cut off payment to get this guy to do something. I would love to have my parts I ordered, but would not trust him as far as I could throw him. I will make a prediction, that you still will not get your parts when promised. Please post if and when you do!

Last edited by jdgrant; 08-23-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:21 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Well hopefully that is good news. Please post up when you receive your parts. As mentioned, I'm behind you in line and since you're still waiting on delivery from an order from early April, my order was placed on June 18th, so effectively I'm two months behind you and next Tuesday it will be 10 weeks, or twice the 5 week target I was originally provided.

Last edited by MSG C5; 08-23-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Caravaggio Corvettes Bad Experience

Old 08-23-2018, 02:51 PM
wrkdWS6
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Add me to the list. I ordered some race seats for my C5 back in March. I didn't get them until mid July when i was quoted 3-4 weeks. I was largely unsuccessful in communicating with them during that time. Seats arrived last month, the leather was great BUT the seat cores were in poor condition, cracked everywhere, scratches, you name it. Probably damaged in shipping but who knows. I contacted them right away and they promptly responded and had the seats picked up for repair so I appreciate that.

My buddy has a $9k order with them that he placed in March/April. It's almost September and he hasn't received everything yet. He had to send some stuff back because the wrong colors were used, etc.

Not sure what is going on.

Last edited by wrkdWS6; 08-23-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:29 PM
Ninety-Nine FRC
Instructor

I have an odd feeling that I’ll never hear from them again. I hope if he does come through they are of the expected quality. My biggest fear was getting firm and ending up getting trash.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:40 PM
wrkdWS6
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

I have an odd feeling that I’ll never hear from them again. I hope if he does come through they are of the expected quality. My biggest fear was getting firm and ending up getting trash.
My buddy ordered his steering wheel 5 months ago and has not yet received it. It's your call obviously but it may be wise to walk away from this one.

Quick Reply: Caravaggio Corvettes Bad Experience