Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Maryland Speed Update

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 03:53 PM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 162 Posts

Maryland Speed lawsuit Settlement Details

https://somd.com/news/headlines/2018...iO9RGbcwJIMhvM
Old 12-09-2018, 04:00 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

wow, that is great news, the way i read it, hopefully everyone will get the monies owed, but, thinking he will claim bankruptcy and say he has nothing to give. one hurdle passed, i surely hope everyone gets what is due to them.
i can t really discuss here how my deal went down.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:38 PM
ddawson
Le Mans Master

Received 598 Likes on 485 Posts

Wow that's not even a slap on the wrist.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:36 PM
MacRoadie
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
wow, that is great news, the way i read it, hopefully everyone will get the monies owed, but, thinking he will claim bankruptcy and say he has nothing to give. one hurdle passed, i surely hope everyone gets what is due to them.
i can t really discuss here how my deal went down.
Judgments for criminal penalties, fines, and restitution, or debts acquired by fraud, misrepresentation, or false pretenses are not dischargeable.

Last edited by MacRoadie; 12-10-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:29 PM
RGT
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by MacRoadie
Judgments for criminal penalties, fines, and restitution, or debts acquired by fraud, misrepresentation, or false pretenses are not dischargeable.
^^^^That is correct.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:19 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

whatever that means
Old 12-10-2018, 10:17 PM
MacRoadie
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
whatever that means
It means that even if he files for bankruptcy, those debts cannot be included and would not be discharged. The judgement would still be enforced by the court and wages could/would be attached. As would any profit from real estate sales, etc.

You can’t use bankruptcy to hide from that debt, unpaid taxes, or unpaid student loans.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:07 PM
Red Devil
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

It means that even if he files for bankruptcy, those debts cannot be included and would not be discharged. The judgement would still be enforced by the court and wages could/would be attached. As would any profit from real estate sales, etc.

You can’t use bankruptcy to hide from that debt, unpaid taxes, or unpaid student loans.
Fitting punishment for that a@@hole.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:20 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

ok thanks for the clairfication macroadie

Last edited by walleyejack; 12-11-2018 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:58 AM
RBS_Z51C5
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess I should feel like I was lucky that I got my exhaust 5 months after ordering it. I still got the same lame excuses from this Bozo (Branden) like everybody else did, but I feel sorry for the 200+ customers that paid and didn't receive anything. My biggest frustration through the whole experience was I ordered the exhaust in early August expecting to get it no later than early September. I didn't get it until January of the next year, so I missed out on driving my car with a new exhaust when the weather was still nice. I had to wait until April to drive it to ensure the road salt was all gone. If I knew it was going to take 5 months to get it, I would've ordered the same exhaust from Summit for $150 more and received it in 2 weeks or less.

Yep, I hope everybody gets what they're owed and that clown Branden never runs another business.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:09 AM
ls777z
Burning Brakes

Received 315 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by RBS_Z51C5
I guess I should feel like I was lucky that I got my exhaust 5 months after ordering it. I still got the same lame excuses from this Bozo (Branden) like everybody else did, but I feel sorry for the 200+ customers that paid and didn't receive anything. My biggest frustration through the whole experience was I ordered the exhaust in early August expecting to get it no later than early September. I didn't get it until January of the next year, so I missed out on driving my car with a new exhaust when the weather was still nice. I had to wait until April to drive it to ensure the road salt was all gone. If I knew it was going to take 5 months to get it, I would've ordered the same exhaust from Summit for $150 more and received it in 2 weeks or less.

Yep, I hope everybody gets what they're owed and that clown Branden never runs another business.
As long as there are people, ie suckers, out there willing to spend $$$ he'll be back...
Old 01-04-2019, 07:14 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

I did business with them once.... never again!! I had a very bad discution after the purchase!!

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 01-10-2019 at 05:18 PM. Reason: language removed
Old 01-10-2019, 11:05 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

I ordered a Kooks catted X-pipe from them once and the "new" version arrived that did not fit with the older Kooks longtubes. I sent multiple emails and left multiple voicemails about getting a return started with no response. Finally, two or three weeks later I filed a dispute with paypal and then I got a call from the owner basically calling me an ******* for filing the dispute despite the fact that nobody in his company had attempted to contact me to resolve the issue I had with my order. He attempted to lay into me and guilt me by telling me that "paypal had taken his money" and I was a terrible guy for filing a dispute. I haven't done business with them since.