Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

TKO C7R - Scammer -*Beware* pictures inside - Bent/Red signature wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 03:39 PM
Murika
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default TKO C7R - Scammer -*Beware* pictures inside - Bent/Red signature wheels

No idea where to put this thread and I know there is already 5-10 people that have called out TKO as a scammer. I'm an idiot and didn't do my research before paying him. I'll leave out the fluff and just get to the point

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ure-sv107.html

Above is the orginal thread. What was for sale was SV107 Signature wheels, gloss black, with 80% tread life Toyo r888r's. The deal was $3,500 sent as a "goods or services" through paypal to buy them and have them shipped to Tampa, FL. He took off the tires a few days later and gave them to Khoa @ Signature Wheel to ship them to me. Khoa handled the packaging and shipping for him. They showed up 3 weeks later and in the first hour of getting them, I sent TKO a few text messages, here is what I found.

1) the wheels were spray painted black - but originally Powder coated Red. See pictures
2) one front tire has a large hole in it - A patch was used to seal the tire
3) The tires measure in at 4/32nds on the side tread (that is closer to 50% thread life)

I then took the wheels to a local tire company (Kauffman Tire in Brandon, FL) - They balanced them, but noted for sure one wheel was bent, the other on the same side seemed to have some play but didn't worry about it. I let TKO know, his response was that his car was in an accident and the Chevy Tech should have noticed that they were bent. He also says that signature wheel inspected the wheels and found nothing wrong with them. (I can add a bunch of text messages, but I don't see a huge point).

I took the wheels into Hancock Tire in Riverview FL. They dismounted all 4 and noted that 2 wheels are bent.

I contacted TKO again and he has presented me with a few options

1) he will refund $400 to cover most of the powder coating costs
2) I pay to ship them to signature wheel and he refunds me when he gets them (So I'm only out shipping costs, dismounting costs, and balancing costs)
3) He sends in a freight truck to pick them up and once they confirm they have picked them up, he will refund me.

Am I crazy not to trust this guy? He wants me to think, that he didn't know the wheels were bent (OK i can see that) That he didn't know the wheels were red (WHAT?!) That the tires were closer to 50% and one had a hole in it?(What?)

I've started the dispute with Paypal and next will be the credit card I used. He has blamed everyone from Chevy for not catching it when he wrecked his car, to Signature for not catching it.

He thinks I am trying to scam him.... He believes that I got two local shops to lie that two wheels are bent so I can get another $300 out of him. He claims he had no idea the wheels were red.... See the pictures.

That all being said, I always thought signature wheels were pretty strong wheels and they probably are. So I would think two bent wheels would have been a decent (event).... like totaling your car to destroy two wheels.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Mike.D
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

This guy is a Piece of ****.. I almost bought wheels from him. They were not even in his possession and he lied about their condition. The last week I've been in his posts warning people.. Thanks to a few other memebers here, that insect had all of his other Sale posts taken down by admins. Do not trust this hack will do anything for you, get your wheels fixed, and re do the powder coat.

Last edited by Mike.D; 09-06-2018 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:10 PM
Bbot89
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

That's unfortunate.. TKO Has been on this forum for less than a few months and multiple people are reporting him. Can moderators do something about it and lock down his ability to list for sale before other people get defrauded?
Old 09-06-2018, 04:16 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Bbot89
That's unfortunate.. TKO Has been on this forum for less than a few months and multiple people are reporting him. Can moderators do something about it and lock down his ability to list for sale before other people get defrauded?
all his threads were removed along with him....not sure if savewave posted a thread for anyone scammed to share info to help prosecute the guy...let me see
Old 09-06-2018, 04:35 PM
cyi1
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 169 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Lmao

Is he the one that kept posting his custom cf hood for sale? It was a little sketch since it was a new account + all the photos he posted were screenshots of photos and not actual photos he took.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:44 PM
AceG
Burning Brakes

Received 412 Likes on 206 Posts

I am legit surprised he even sent you anything lmao.

Yes it your fault to have not heeded the warnings. I tried so hard to prevent this. After multiple people calling him out about posting wheels that arent even his should of gave you a clue this guy is dishonest.

Keep in contact with paypal and have them refund you in contingent he picks these back up. Its funny, no where did he mention anything about his car being in any accident during his time to sell "parts"

good luck
Old 09-06-2018, 05:37 PM
byklin
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

surprised this forum doesn't ask for name/date on paper with the photos.

like someone previously said... probably easiest to eat the cost and have them powdercoated/repaired. Just for your reference, I had wheels (4) powdercoated for $800 so $400 isn't nearly enough

sorry to hear.. good luck
Old 09-06-2018, 09:17 PM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Received 597 Likes on 407 Posts
Default Scammed

I have said this time and time again...over and over...and if forum members don't want to recognize things are not right....even when I have said...send me photos with your name and date...on the c6 side and on the c7 side...nope...nadda...nothing...and when Mike and I exposed this junk...folks tended to overlook or even help this scum bag out...so listen...no one owns this except the folks that get burned...why...because some of you my friends overlooked this guy and allowed it to have happen when folks were telling others to beware...well i never overlooked the situation...I contacted the moderators and told them to look into his post...they told me in the past this kind of stuff runs in streaks...so much for that...why...because it happens far to often on this forum...you all need to think about this stuff and press the moderators for buying/selling rules...why...because it works for me on the camaro forum...buyer/seller rating...members have to be on the forum for a certain amount of time before you can buy or sell...also I think it would be better if we just stopped using bad language ...folks...there is no integrity using bad language or talking down...what is the point...I could spot this guy right away because he had no integrity...or didn't even care...to others that couldn't recognize that or simply overlooked it...then I'm sorry you been had and the best you can do is what you are doing now...speak up and tell the others to wake up and be aware...I also think it would be best to contact the PayPal fraud division along with the local police...WHAT IS THE OLD SAYING...WHEN YOU ARE THE CHICKEN IN THE HEN HOUSE...BEWARE OF THE FOX THAT IS WAITING OUTSIDE THE DOOR FOR YOU

Last edited by Smokeyjr; 09-06-2018 at 11:07 PM. Reason: addition
Old 09-07-2018, 01:14 AM
Bryansuavo
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I try to scan the seller before i do business. Too many fakes out there I have noticed. Even if the deal is good, i stay away if the guy has not posted other times or just joined recently.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:24 AM
Speedfreaq
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

i expressed interest in that cf top and said I would be in his area later that week. He texted back that he wasn’t sure that it would be available for me to see or pick up at that time. When, i asked why, he called me retarded.

Thanks for cleansing the forum of this dude.

Last edited by Speedfreaq; 09-07-2018 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:38 AM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

if you think he was bad...you should have looked at his post about three months ago...him and his post were removed then
also I think JMCDUDE has a carbon top for sale...he is a great seller and a great person
Old 09-07-2018, 07:39 AM
Murika
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I did scan and if you go back and look when I sent him money and when all of his posts got super shady, it is after. I insisted and paid the extra money to send as goods and services and it is on a credit card also. So if the paypal dispute doesn't work, next will be the Credit card, after that will be legal. We texted back and forth quite a bit, to me he just comes off as a young buck (I'm 32). He gets ahead of himself and truth is pretty hit or miss.

I think I am being more than reasonable with the powder coating costs and the bent wheel costs. He wants to dig in his heals and offer $400 to powder coat and fix two bent wheels. He rather take his chances with the two disputes and/or legal, which is crazy.

Here is the perfect example - Text 1 is him saying they were powder coated black from Signature Wheel. The next is an email from Khoa saying he sold this guy Red wheels and this guy even sent him pictures of them in a paint booth getting painted black. I have no idea how he thought this would never be noticed. Fraud is fraud and it is a felony.

I'm not sure if he knew that two wheels were bent, he certainly outright lied about the color and condition of the wheels and tires. I learned a long time ago, your first loss is your best loss. If the dispute ends in the stalemate somehow, i'll get them fixed and powder coated. The cost isn't crazy, but I don't think he has the money (probably why he painted them in the first place).

$60 to balance/test (shop 1) + $60 to dismount and retest (shop 2) + 440 powder coating (super cheap) + cost to repair wheels (Haven't got them quoted yet in case these all just get shipped back - only way that happens is in paypal has the money froze and in their possession)

Last side note - I absolutely despise what he is doing to Khoa. He has made it sound like they are affiliated this entire time and that the finish on these wheels are standard from signature. From reading here on the forums about peoples experiences with Khoa and my conversations with him, I know he had nothing to do with this. He has been nothing short of stand up and I hate that he is a part of this, but that isn't my doing. I hope no one in the future that ever sees this passes any poor judgement on Signature Wheel or Khoa. The wheels are top notch, both shops have stood in "aw" of these wheels.... Then they realize they are bent and spray painted and look at me like I destroyed a piece of art.

Last edited by Murika; 09-07-2018 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:54 AM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

dirty dog dealing...there was a guy here on the forum from Missouri selling seats and other parts...I thought he was legit...then...I received some excuses and lies after I bought some things from him...contacted PayPal Fraud and also contacted the local detective where he lived..they pinged his phone...they paid him a visit...I had all the documentation I needed...I also turned it into the moderators here....booom...he was gone...and in time I received my money back...

KHOA is a great guy...I think if anybody thinks different of KHOA...think again!!

Last edited by Smokeyjr; 09-07-2018 at 07:55 AM. Reason: addition
Old 09-07-2018, 11:17 AM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

So he is back at it!!!...when does this stop???
Old 09-07-2018, 11:51 AM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

HE SAYS KHOA AND HIM OWNED THE WHEELS...QUOTE...it is a reasonable request on my end since those wheels havnt left the tires since khoa and I owned them
Old 09-07-2018, 11:54 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

closed, banned Corvettemuf

thread cleaned up, again.

if you have a complaint about forum moderation send us an email or PM, keep it respectful

Get notified of new replies

To TKO C7R - Scammer -*Beware* pictures inside - Bent/Red signature wheels

Quick Reply: TKO C7R - Scammer -*Beware* pictures inside - Bent/Red signature wheels