Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Thanks Cordes Performance Racing!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 05:13 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Thanks Cordes Performance Racing!

Wanted a Dewitts radiator and Spal fan and Joe suggested a different one than I had picked out. It arrived yesterday and all I can say is wow! I've never owned a Dewitts or seen one in person and it's impressive. My C5 is supercharged and with the intercooler it runs a little warmer than I'd like. Hoping this will help with temps. Again, thanks Joe.

Last edited by ascastil; 09-08-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:16 PM
Route99
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 863 Likes on 667 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Thanks for taking the time to post good news!
Unfortunately, all too often we only hear the bad - but that still saves the rest of us from the negative experience someone else encountered.
You may want to post this in the Transactions feedback section since a lot of members look there too for the pros and the cons.

Last edited by Route99; 09-08-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:44 PM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,866 Likes on 1,672 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Winner

Joe's good people. Glad he steered you right. Good luck with the install.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:57 PM
STRMLNE
Melting Slicks

Received 437 Likes on 311 Posts

Well, at lest one person had a good experience with Cordes.

Originally Posted by ascastil

Wanted a Dewitts radiator and Spal fan and Joe suggested a different one than I had picked out. It arrived yesterday and all I can say is wow! I've never owned a Dewitts or seen one in person and it's impressive. My C5 is supercharged and with the intercooler it runs a little warmer than I'd like. Hoping this will help with temps. Again, thanks Joe.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by STRMLNE
Well, at lest one person had a good experience with Cordes.

Is that necessary? You're upset my guy didn't get back to you in 48 hours, and we are a month out. This is silly to act like that.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:58 PM
STRMLNE
Melting Slicks

Just expressing my opinion of my disatisdzcory experience with your shop based upon the representations that were made to me.

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
Is that necessary? You're upset my guy didn't get back to you in 48 hours, and we are a month out. This is silly to act like that.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:33 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

I've had multiple good experiences with CPR and I'm not a CPR nutswinger or anything. If I can get something cheaper or quicker I'll go there. Most of the time cheaper is just because I'm being too cheap to pay state taxes. Joe and the guys at CPR are top notch and the cars coming out of there show it.
Old 09-09-2018, 01:10 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,282 Likes on 13,960 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Moved to Transactions Feedback section.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:53 PM
STRMLNE
Melting Slicks

Thanks for the feedback about this mechanic. I found their communication less than satisfactory. It’s getting harder and harder to get good service these days.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:05 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

It’s getting harder and harder to get good service these days.
Let's not confuse good service with fast response.

Last edited by Tom@Dewitt; 09-09-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:49 PM
STRMLNE
Melting Slicks

Thank you for your response. But honestly i don’t really understand 99% of it. I’ve been on this forum for almost 20 years. I know good communication when I see it with repair shops. Good customer service goes a long way these days.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:42 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Thank you for your response. But honestly i don’t really understand 99% of it.
Ok, I went off topic so i deleted 99%. My point was, give them a break. Good people just trying their best.

Old 09-09-2018, 07:59 PM
STRMLNE
Melting Slicks

You’re right. Returning a phone call after a week is very difficult. They did their best.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:38 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

You’re right. Returning a phone call after a week is very difficult. They did their best.
Well it seems I need to properly respond to you on this as it's getting a little silly.

You say calls but I have on sept 1st you emailed me 12:52 pm.
"Hi Joe,
I have a 2001 C5 with about 60k that I’ve owned since new. I am wondering if your shop does service issues or do you just do strictly performance upgrades? I’ve been to a few dealers in town and am having trouble getting some relatively common service issues fixed. Am looking for a shop that has some experience with these older cars. Thank you. "

I respond sept 2nd at 8:45 AM
"Yes sir we do traditional service and maintenance, what issues are you having? "

You sept 2nd 4:29 pm
"
Great news. Thank you. I have 3 main issues, 2 of which the dealers haven’t been able to fix.

(1). Driver’s side headlight won’t go up. It’s been to the dealer literally about 10 times for the issue over the last year and a half. Initially, they thought it was multiple defective motors so it’s had about 4 of those. Remaining times was various “adjustments” including headlight bumpers, etc. Each time when I pick up the car it will work for a while, but after about a week or two it stops working. I have all the receipts showing what exactly was done each time. The dealer essentially told me they give up and don’t know how to fix it. I need to have a new set of eyes take a look at it to try and figure out what the issue is.

(2). A/c. Car has been to 3 different dealers. All of them can’t find the freon leak. They recharge the system and it blows cold for about 2 months or so before going warm again.

(3). EBCM. Dealer told me it needs to be replaced. Car has the tc/abs/active handling code continually. But dealer said it could be fixed cheaper with absfixer.com.

If I can get these issues resolved, the car also has some oil leaks that I would like to take care of perhaps on another visit.

Please let me know if you guys can help me out with one or all of these issues. Thank you. —Ryan"

you send a second email on sept 5th at 10:57 am
"Joe,
Also forgot to mention the car has a squealing noise coming from the motor when accelerating. Sounds like a belt issue perhaps. When is your next available appointment? Thank you!"

I respond on sept 5th at 12:48 PM
"not a problem sir, i'm going to cc bryan on this who does all my scheduling so he can get in contact with you to bring this in. he should be in touch within 48 hours. Can you respond to all of us with a good phone number as well."

You respond sept 5th at 1:43 pm w/ your phone number (not posting for obvious reasons) to Bryan and I

sept 7th at 5:50 pm you send bryan and myself this email
"Just following up on this. Please let me know if you hs r any available appointments next week. Thank you. "

Bryan sends you an email on sept 8th ( i can't see the time sadly)
"Hello Ryan,
Unfortunately we would have no openings in the next week. We are currently about a month out on scheduling. I'll be back in the office Monday and can give you an exact date.
Thank you"

you respond sept 8th at 1:59 pm
"Thank you for your response. A month out? I’m surprised. Your shop was highly recommended on CorvetteForum.com. I obviously can’t wait that long with the issues I’m having. Thanks again"

Bryan respoinds on the 8th again (can't see his time)
"
I understand, if you don't have luck elsewhere please keep us in mind. I'm sure we can figure all of your problems out. The only downside to coming highly recommended is that we do stay very busy and normally book appointments a little ways out. If we have something open up sooner I'll be sure to let you know.
Have a good weekend!"

you respond on the 8th at 3:04 pm
"No worries. My neighbor is jim k (didn't put full last name in case that person doesn't want that out there) of the corvette club. Im hoping he can direct me to a shop hat can get me in sooner than a month. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. "

I send you this email sept 8th at 8:33 pm when you started making all your post
"Hey sir I wanted to reach out to you based on your recent post. I am sorry that we couldn't get you in sooner and Bryan was tied up in regards to getting in touch with you sooner. He wrenches too along with myself, but your post online I feel are way more aggressive than they need to be. If there is an issue that you think warrants the comments you are making than please let's talk about it. I'm not trying to come across aggressive, but rather just want to resolve a situation. "

No where did we not respond to you for a week. Yes he did email you back half a day longer than the 48 hours I quoted and for that i'm sorry. We do our best but with how busy we are (8 employees) and on bigger work 6-8 week's usually booked it can cause slightly longer than normal response times. Bryan and myself are not just some office guys we wrench and build the cars too along with my other employee's, deal with walk in's, phone calls, etc. I really think you're blowing this way out of proportion and I find it silly I am even having to waste my sun afternoon to type this all out but sometimes you need to do things like this to ensure the truth is out there.

Yes you were quoted a 48 hour response and we missed that mark by 1/2 a day, but your post would make it out like I did something awful to you. Good luck on your search for a shop.

www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 09-10-2018, 03:22 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

While this TF Thread was originally posted by another member, it’s basically been hijacked into a long complaint about a phone call, which was responded to by the vendor.

According to TF rules, the thread will now be closed. Further complaints about the phone call should continue offline and not be repeated in other areas of the site, again according to Transaction Feedback rules.

Get notified of new replies

To Thanks Cordes Performance Racing!

Quick Reply: Thanks Cordes Performance Racing!