Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Wilcox is %$#@! me off!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 12:16 AM
Aussie79
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wilcox is %$#@! me off!

I waited weeks for a tacho board to arrive here in Australia, I am having a technical difficulty with it where it drops to zero if the RPM get below 900 and Wilcox refuse to help me with it because all tacho questions are sent to their technical guides on their web site which doesnt have a fix for this, I think the board is faulty but I cant get them to talk to me about it. I wont be shopping there again if they dont start supporting their products, what happened to "If you arent the biggest you try harder"? Epic fail Wilcox.

Dennis.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:32 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,326 Likes on 2,774 Posts

Moving to Transaction Feedback.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:10 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Aussie79
I waited weeks for a tacho board to arrive here in Australia, I am having a technical difficulty with it where it drops to zero if the RPM get below 900 and Wilcox refuse to help me with it because all tacho questions are sent to their technical guides on their web site which doesnt have a fix for this, I think the board is faulty but I cant get them to talk to me about it. I wont be shopping there again if they dont start supporting their products, what happened to "If you arent the biggest you try harder"? Epic fail Wilcox.

Dennis.
Dennis-

It's not a matter of supporting our product, it's a matter that the information is there on our tech resolve most issues.... if people would just take the time to read it.

I get probably 100 emails a month on tach boards, wiper motors and small gauges... I don't have the man power or the time to sit down and answer each one of these emails especially when the info is there to read... This is why it say's in the auto reply that if you have a part issue or question to post the issue here on the forum and email me the link (which you didn't do), or post the issue to my "Ask Willcox A Question Thread" if needed and if you view this thread you'll see that I help and support people on a regular basis even if they didn't buy the part from me.... https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...l-respond.html

I stumbled onto this post because when I look for issues I don't look for Wilcox.

This is the link on the tech site and the first page alone contains 18 different pictures and articles dealing with your car. http://repairs.willcoxcorvette.com/?yt=1979&s=tach

Each and every board we manufacturer is tested twice before being put on the shelf for sale, the are tested once in a standard 700-1000-2000-3000-4000 rpm test and then a second time on what is called a "ramped test" which is basically starting at 0 and running the board up to 5k just like it would do as if in a car... Since we've implemented this into the build and sale of the board we've not had a single defect in at least the last two years, probably longer, I'd have to log into my office to see when the last time we had a defective board... .now that's not to say it''s not possible... I'm just stating the success rate since we implemented the extra testing.

So have you tested continuity from the connector to the clip inside the dash, have you verified the ground and power clips? Have you tested it without the tach filter and if you need info on how to do this it's on the site as well... at the link above.

One issue we've been having is that more and more lately is the analog movement failing....in the old days you'd see maybe one a year... but in the last six months we've had three movement failures...(which has nothing to do with the board). You won't have any way to test the movement, but we do so you are more than welcome to send the tach with the board in and have the movement and board tested together and apart. If you have tested everything, it's my guess the movement is bad.

Willcox

Last edited by Willcox Corvette; 09-20-2018 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:44 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,326 Likes on 2,774 Posts

Vendor has replied, so the thread will be closed per site rules. Additional correspondence can be completed offline, if necessary.

Get notified of new replies

To Wilcox is %$#@! me off!