Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

RPI Designs horrible customer service.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 08:50 AM
rossi190
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RPI Designs horrible customer service.

So I ordered a painted spoiler from RPI designs on 7/3/18 expecting it to take a few weeks based on some forum comments and reviews.

Later that afternoon I get this email from Paul at RPI

"Your Order is being processed and is currently in house in our paint shop. Remember custom painted parts take 4 weeks to ship on average, depending on part and time of the year. We thank you for your order and patience."

I thought, no big deal. Reasonable enough.

Same afternoon I get this email from Jenn

"Thank you for your order from RPI Designs. We very much appreciate the business and we take custom painting and custom hydro-carbon very seriously. Due to the extreme popularity of our products we are currently 4-5 weeks turn around from order date to ship date. So please keep this in mind while you wait patiently for your new Corvette spoiler. If this timeline is not okay with you, please contact me, I can refund your order quickly.

Again, thank you for your business and trust in RPI Designs!

Jenn"

Still 4-5 weeks - great fits my timeline.

Then, complete radio silence. No updates, nothing so I send them an email 9/10/18 to see what is going on since it is now 12 weeks and I have heard nothing.

This is what I get

"I greatly apologize for the long delay and lack of communication. I have looked into this order for you, and it looks like the reason behind the delay is we are out of stock of the part for your order. We are currently waiting for the part to come in
from our vendor. Once we get it in, it will be out within the week. Unfortunately, we are not sure when the part will be coming in. Please confirm how you would like to proceed at this point. Again, I greatly apologize that no one has reached out to you to
inform you of what is going on.

Thank you
Jenn"

So apparently the previous emails were complete and utter BS. To add insult to injury, the very day of the last response telling me they were out of stock with no idea when they would be back in stock, they put an advertisement on this board selling the same part!!!!! Taking money from new customers when they know the part is backordered without a n in stock date is highly unethical.

Be careful. This could be the next Maryland Speed.

Last edited by rossi190; 09-13-2018 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:00 AM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Sorry for your frustrations. Your last paragraph is telling, they don't have the parts but continue to promote them. Odd.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:28 AM
bravo29
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

LOL Maryland Speed all over again?
Old 09-13-2018, 11:46 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

I understand what you are saying here but Paul will take care of you & don't think you will beat the price. I have gotten more then a few parts from RPI & Paul has always came thur & the parts have always been 100% on. I think you will be happy with the part when you get them from him.. Robert
Old 09-13-2018, 12:24 PM
MacRoadie
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
I understand what you are saying here but Paul will take care of you & don't think you will beat the price. I have gotten more then a few parts from RPI & Paul has always came thur & the parts have always been 100% on. I think you will be happy with the part when you get them from him.. Robert
I think the issue is how do you reconcile "Your Order is being processed and is currently in house in our paint shop" on the day it was ordered, with "it looks like the reason behind the delay is we are out of stock of the part for your order" 12 weeks later?
Old 09-13-2018, 06:44 PM
rossi190
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MacRoadie
I think the issue is how do you reconcile "Your Order is being processed and is currently in house in our paint shop" on the day it was ordered, with "it looks like the reason behind the delay is we are out of stock of the part for your order" 12 weeks later?
Exaclty, and one of the reasons I am irritated. I own an online company that sells and supports products from many manufacturers to professional organizations and agencies across the country. This type of customer service is the fastest route to bankruptcy you could take.

if you are overwhelmed and can’t keep up with orders while maintaining quality, you stop taking orders, explain clearly what is happening, and most people will wait for quality work and be very understanding. You do not take their money, cease communication and make up lies to get you through your angry customer calls.

Get notified of new replies

To RPI Designs horrible customer service.

Quick Reply: RPI Designs horrible customer service.