Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Accolades for Charlie Santorelli on my seat belt restoration and transaction

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 11:51 AM
Rich1968
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Accolades for Charlie Santorelli on my seat belt restoration and transaction

First off thanks to all of the Corvette forum members who took the time to post the numerous recommendations, pictures of their restored seat belts and the stellar reviews of Charlie Santorelli and his seat belt restoration business and work over the years. I ended up having Charlie restore my 68 coupes lap, shoulder and t-top straps recently based on all of those recommendations and I am very glad I did. I met Charlie at Carlisle 2018 talked about having him restore my basket case seat belts and he showed me a few of the seat belts he had recently done - they were flawless. My car is a driver and not close to NCRS show condition. Charlie worked that into my restoration and gave me a better cost and options for what I really needed done. Charlie gave me a price up front and stuck to it. He also called me a few times to let me know how the restoration was going. He turned around my belts in about 2 weeks and the results were stunning. My basket case 50 year old belts came back looking show room new. My transaction with Charlie went very smoothly and he even texted me the package tracking number so I would be around when they arrived. So I am another of what appears is a long list of forum members who wanted to give my positive experience and recommendations of Charlie and his business (I will post up some pictures when I figure out how to do it). I think Charlies business aside from being a long time vendor at Carlisle is also by word of mouth and recommendations and I hope I do get him another customer or more with my recommendation and transaction feedback. He told me he has done this specialized restoration work for over 40 years now and that really speaks for itself. Charlies business name is Stingray Sity and he is in New Jersey.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 09-26-2018 at 03:20 AM.
Old 01-22-2024, 12:16 PM
'67 Topless
Cruising

Thank you all for the posts about Charlie at Seat Belt Sity. I tried calling him at (908) 719-2354, but his number has been disconnected. Does anyone know if he has a new phone number or uses an e-mail? I also don't know if he might have retired. Thank you all for your help.
Old 01-22-2024, 04:58 PM
Tuna Joe
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 88 Posts

Charlie does good work.
He restored my 69 belts/buckles.
Expensive though and he is the very definition of "Nickle and dime" you to death.
I'm not sure I'd use him again.
I heard he gets his belt material from these guys:
https://www.corvetteusa.com/seatbelts
CorvetteUSA did my other 69 belts for a fraction of the cost.
Old 01-31-2024, 02:02 PM
'67 Topless
Cruising

Thank you Tuna Joe for the contact. I spoke to CorvetteUSA and he sold the seat belt portion of his business to Mark Williams. Mark's contact information is below for everyone's future reference. I just shipped him my seatbelts for restoration.

Corvette Seat Belts and Classics
1349 E Magic Wand St.
Draper, UT 84020
www.csbandclassics.com
Mark Williams

Get notified of new replies

To Accolades for Charlie Santorelli on my seat belt restoration and transaction

Quick Reply: Accolades for Charlie Santorelli on my seat belt restoration and transaction