Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Buyer Beware When Dealing With APSIS

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 05:59 PM
AJNWI79
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Buyer Beware When Dealing With APSIS

Since I was blocked from one of their threads and cant reply I thought I would start my own thread:

Buyer Beware when dealing with APSIS, here are just a few of the issues I had when ordering thousands of dollars of their products:

Sent me spats that when my installer couldn’t fit them, he told us there was a batch that weren’t made properly. Sent back at my expense and sent me new ones that fit properly right away – had to pay installer twice and shipping

APSIS carbon fiber pattern size and color DOES NOT match GM OEM CF – this is not listed anywhere on their website or mentioned on threads.

He offers 20% discount on all CF products – don’t pay full price with them

Tried to overcharge me for something he already quoted me and argued with me about it for 4 emails until I sent him the price list he sent me…funny – got the original price after all

Sent me a set of steering controls and one doesn’t work, asked what I should do, told me to verify they were connected properly (GM dealer did the work) I did, then I asked him what to do after I verified that – didn’t remember that we had that conversation. Told me to take off and send back – (would have been nice to know that when I had them pull the steering wheel the 2nd time at my cost) to send back so he could verify and then would send me a new set. Just decided to leave in not working because I’m done with this guy

Funny how he responds instantly when you’re asking for pricing, but when you want updates, REALLY hard to get ahold of. Very hard to speak with him because as he said to me multiple times “I’m really old and forget a lot”

Double charged me for shipping when I wanted something shipped special and was told I would just pay the DIFFERENCE – filed a claim with my credit card company

Also – I would document everything you send back to them as cores, be very clear what you are due back and list everything in email before you send back – also ask for conformation when received – I had to argue over about 25 emails before they admitted that my math was correct. It was a huge hassle to get my deposits that I paid… after about 2 months of having my cores back, and it wasn’t a small amount. Very tough to deal with on a large order of multiple parts

Last edited by AJNWI79; 10-16-2018 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:54 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

You were not "blocked," you were removed for breaking forum rules on Interference in a Sales Thread. You were lucky because that would result in a sanction in another forum area.

Your complaint thread about your transaction is where it belongs, in this section. Please be aware of forum rules about not carrying this dispute into other areas or interfering in further sales threads.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:08 PM
AJNWI79
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

My thread was posted in the C7 Z06 Discussion - which is also where I commented on a post...

"Lucky"
Old 10-17-2018, 12:31 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by AJNWI79
My thread was posted in the C7 Z06 Discussion - which is also where I commented on a post...

"Lucky"
What you did was post 3 Interference posts in three separate sales threads; 2 in Zo6 discussion, and one in General Discussion. All three threads are sales threads:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ing-wheel.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ing-wheel.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ari-nappa.html

In the event you are unclear about Interference in a Sales Thread:

Interference in a For Sale thread

If you don’t like the price or item being offered in for sale thread, take it to e-mail or PMs. Better still, just move on to a thread that is offering something you like the price on.

If you post a criticism of the price or the quality of the item being offered, you will be in violation of Forum rules and subject to sanctions.

If you post your own for sale items to the for sale thread started by someone else, you also are in violation of Forum rules. Start your own thread, rather than jumping into the thread of someone else.

If your contribution to a for sale thread does not advance the sale, you are in the way.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...le-thread.html

Lucky? Yes. Moderator Bell was feeling generous only removing all your interference in 3 separate threads.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 10-17-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:20 PM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

I ordered a set of gloss CF from Apsis - dash, console, and various parts to replace all the silver OEM dash/door parts. Got everything- took a while, but within what I was told when I ordered. When I went to inspect everything looked good except for the dash. It had cracks and was definitely not usable. I was very concerned as many vendors have good ratings but that doesn't mean much when an issue happens. I sent pics and they responded quickly. They had another dash in stock. I sent the bad one back and they sent the replacement and paid for freight both ways. I did take a lot of pics and made it clear this wasn't a minor imperfection or buyer's remorse.

I returned the cores and was sure to fully document what I sent both via email and with a packing slip. Getting a check for the cores took longer than it should and I had to prod them a couple times to get it sent. The CF parts look great.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:45 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by DWillys
I ordered a set of gloss CF from Apsis - dash, console, and various parts to replace all the silver OEM dash/door parts. Got everything- took a while, but within what I was told when I ordered. When I went to inspect everything looked good except for the dash. It had cracks and was definitely not usable. I was very concerned as many vendors have good ratings but that doesn't mean much when an issue happens. I sent pics and they responded quickly. They had another dash in stock. I sent the bad one back and they sent the replacement and paid for freight both ways. I did take a lot of pics and made it clear this wasn't a minor imperfection or buyer's remorse.

I returned the cores and was sure to fully document what I sent both via email and with a packing slip. Getting a check for the cores took longer than it should and I had to prod them a couple times to get it sent. The CF parts look great.
Glad you finally got all your stuff & that... Robert
Old 10-19-2018, 02:08 AM
JRE-C6
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I bought a set of Apsis fender splash guards for a standard C6 that we were doing for SEMA and they did not fit very well, and the paint on them was not very nice, and would eventually wear off the paint from the fenders, so I told him that they won't work out for me, and he still charged me the restocking fee + I had to pay shipping to send back, so I lost quite a bit of money on this deal. I have since used other vendors who sell the same type of products that have been great to deal with, and we ended up buying many products from them.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:54 PM
lewislgZ06
NCM Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,930 Likes on 2,015 Posts
2021 Corvette of the Year - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Winner- Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Their website is a little janky, but I've always had good experience with Apsis, and all of my carbon fiber parts are perfection.
If you can catch them at a show, that is the best way to buy. Most of their items can be purchased on the spot, and you can do core swaps and not have to pay any shipping.
I have a set of seats on order now and I've got a ton of emails back and forth with Jersey before and after I placed the order. He has always replied promptly, even a few times after hours in the evenings.
Thats been my experience.

Get notified of new replies

To Buyer Beware When Dealing With APSIS

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware When Dealing With APSIS