When you try to help someone else and it backfires.. - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Help & Feedback > Transactions Feedback
Reload this Page >

When you try to help someone else and it backfires..

Notices
Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

When you try to help someone else and it backfires..

Old 11-05-2018, 01:17 PM
motojager

Originally Posted by robert miller View Post
Dude I just love a newbie coming in here & running his big mouth I have SOLD more PARTS in here than you will ever buy for your car. It was painted is all I wouldn't have taken it back & cleaned it for him or if he had ask if it was painted are polished I would have told him it was are would have sent him pic's.

I had to pull this off my car & put my stock one back onto the car yes it works great. Plus he told me how happy he was & how fast I got it into the mail to him. So if he is was upset over the paint so be it.. I am done with this from guys that don't know crap about nothing about it.. Robert
Yep I had nothing better to do as a newbie. So I decided to throw 300+ dollars away just to run my mouth. Come on now.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:19 PM
lakemg
CF Senior Member

Thanks for sharing the details on this one. I'm learning quite a bit from it. I've never purchased a TB from MAMO or Katech, but it has me wondering if it was possible that MAMO sourced TBs from Katech at one point and simply passed them through as if they were MAMO's? This would explain why seller thought it was a MAMO.

Last edited by lakemg; 11-05-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:22 PM
ImpliedConsent
CF Senior Member

Dude I just love a newbie coming in here & running his big mouth I have SOLD more PARTS in here than you will ever buy for your car.
Well that seals it. You're legit. I'm just a forum newbie. Sorry for the trouble. Everyone!! Listen!! Robert has been here for a long time and that makes him A-OK!
Old 11-05-2018, 01:36 PM
Mike Mercury
CF Senior Member

robert miller has been on CF for a long time; never heard any grumbling about him in the past.

But.. pics in the original ad would of negated all this; or a request for pics from the buyer would have as well.

I would say that any used car part for sale online... that doesn't show a pic of the actual item... begs for any potential buyer to ask for pics before buying.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:38 PM
motojager

Link to side by side comparison

Tony goes into detail about it in another thread, flow is not changed with the shaft machined. It only helps at wide open throttle which is not the intent of his porting.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:06 PM
Parcival
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Parcival View Post

beside the paint thing, are you saying this is a Mamo machined/ported TB? And not a Katech as OP alleges? I haven’t seen either before and the angle of the pics don’t give a good view of the inner grooves.
Then you want something to be taking back this T.B. was bought a few years ago as one of Tony's T.B. if it is not & you send me a message on your foul mouth. Sent it back to me & I WILL RESALE IT AS A WHAT EVER IT IS. If Tony comes in here & 100% tells me it is not one of his from a few years ago. But I would have sold it as a what ever if I had known it was for sure that...
Well, I don't know you at all. I'm just dealing with what I see, if I were buying any used item.

Whatever the fault with the buyer for not requesting pics, as the seller, your defensive, evasive behavior on this forum today, IMO, has risked your longtime solid reputation (thousands of posts) here.

Specifically, on my question of whether this is Mamo or not, there are three possible answers: Yes, No, I'm not sure.

"Yes" would've saved your rep. The paint thing is a huge faux pas but can be dealt with through offering some concessions, even if you've lost a little rep.

"No" is an instant failure; one would be run out of town on a rail.

Instead, your answer is a vaguely worded "I kinda think so but I'm not sure." You respond affirmatively only to the negative case that "you would have sold it as a whatever"/something else like a Katech "if I had known for sure that"; Or "if Tony comes on here and tells you 100% it is not one of his."

Why does Tony need to tell us anything "100%"? Isn't it enough that you know ~100% with your purchase from him?

If you meant a "yes," here's how you answer, e.g.: 100% a Mamo. Here's the receipt /email proof of purchase. BUT I want to make you happy given the paint thing so let's [do this]

The uncertainty in the answer doesn't match the CERTAINTY with which you advertised the item for sale. I would be unhappy with u too. Just sayin.

Last edited by Parcival; 11-05-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:11 PM
robert miller
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,097 Times in 997 Posts

Originally Posted by motojager View Post
Link to side by side comparison

Tony goes into detail about it in another thread, flow is not changed with the shaft machined. It only helps at wide open throttle which is not the intent of his porting.
OK man you have a message just tell me what is best for you. It has nothing to do with you being a newbie but IF you hadn't giving me a message using all the good grammar & had shown me like in the above post I would have done what ever with you. Again I bought this thing as a mamo T.B. from someone in here IF I had known it was something diff I would have sold it as that. You will not get anyone in here to say nothing bad on a ton of parts I have sold in here over in the c5 section.

If you want again ask Steven Bell one the MOD in here what kind of guy I am.. OP just get back with me on what I message you on it... Robert
Old 11-05-2018, 02:19 PM
GoatHead
CF Senior Member

The right thing to do right now is for the buyer to receive full refund plus the any cost of shipping both ways.

It is the seller responsibility to provide detailed, accurate, and honest description of the item. It is not the buyer fault for not asking for photos. The buyer trusted the seller long standing status. One should never be penalized for trusting people; it is the people fault, when they betray that trust.

The seller could have handled this better and saved any reputation he has left ... that train has left already.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:37 PM
robert miller
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by GoatHead View Post
The right thing to do right now is for the buyer to receive full refund plus the any cost of shipping both ways.

It is the seller responsibility to provide detailed, accurate, and honest description of the item. It is not the buyer fault for not asking for photos. The buyer trusted the seller long standing status. One should never be penalized for trusting people; it is the people fault, when they betray that trust.

The seller could have handled this better and saved any reputation he has left ... that train has left already.
Man what dog do you have to hunt in this. The OP has a message to him this is the END of this on my end. I sold this thing as a 100% one of Tony's T.B. end of this.. Robert
Old 11-05-2018, 02:39 PM
Ron'sGS
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by GoatHead View Post

Old 11-05-2018, 02:41 PM
Maxpowers
CF Senior Member

It seems to me if the OP gave robert a bit more time to get back to him privately, then this could have all been avoided.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:43 PM
1SG_Ret
CF Senior Member

FWIW, if I were in the seller's position and had a good reputation up to this point, I'd simply reverse the deal and take the part back. Unfortunate if he bought the part thinking it was something it wasn't. Yes, it happens and selling it as what he thought it was is forgivable (by the buyer), but accepting it should also be contingent upon it being the actual item as represented.. I do not know how the correspondence exchange was written or the language used, however, I'd approach this from the buyers perspective and accept a bit of his ire since he is the aggrieved party here..

Yes, it's a PITA when a deal goes south, but to be fair all the way around, offering a refund would eliminate any bad blood or smeared reputation (especially if you plan to do more business in the forum). Whenever I sell anything, I try and sell it as close to it's original condition as possible. Unpainted, and un-modified, If I cannot, I disclose all modification before agreeing to sell.

Just my perspective, I could be wrong.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:40 PM
madrob2020
CF Senior Member

I just had to add my 2cts. First off it doesn't matter if a poster on here has 1 post or 12K posts, they have a right as a member to offer their opinion. If I read correctly this "part" was purchased several yrs. ago by SELLER so yes it isn't new by any stretch (you didn't claim it was), but there have been improvements on the reshaping of these TBs over the yrs. as dealers learned from users. The god-awful paint is unforgivable without full disclosure + pics in ad. Last, remember these are OE parts that have been re-shaped by vendors, some more aggressively than others which can lead to CELs/Codes or less than optimum performance on different engines. Robert tries to get away with this sale by posting "I'm a great guy, tons of posts, ask anyone, yada-yada". WalMart/EBay/Amazon, etc. have been around forever too but they wouldn't be arguing about taking this back or many other stores we know & shop in. Shame on this member period!

Last edited by madrob2020; 11-05-2018 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:49 PM
OntarioOrangeC3
CF Senior Member

Mr. Miller has to decide what's more important to him. His reputation (which obviously has been tarnished with this sale) or the $300+.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:11 PM
Outlaw Joe
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by motojager View Post

A picture is worth a thousand words. Some forum member trying to take advantage of another. Piece of crap !!!!!
Old 11-05-2018, 04:23 PM
Parcival
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Outlaw Joe View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words. Some forum member trying to take advantage of another. Piece of crap !!!!!
We all know it happens. It so rarely happens with a high rep seller that it boggles the mind.

Last edited by Parcival; 11-05-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:00 PM
golden2husky
CF Senior Member

Protection for the buyer -pics req'd. Protection for the seller - pics as you package it. Regardless, the item is not as s described and the seller should have simply taken it back. Some here say he has a good reputation, but his responses say otherwise. Once you trash your reputation you are done.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:16 PM
robert miller
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by golden2husky View Post
Protection for the buyer -pics req'd. Protection for the seller - pics as you package it. Regardless, the item is not as s described and the seller should have simply taken it back. Some here say he has a good reputation, but his responses say otherwise. Once you trash your reputation you are done.
Dude then don't buy nothing from me is cool I buy the T.B. as what I sold it for. If he had not message me and used a ton of 4 letter words & shown me the pic's I would have refunded him the money as soon as I get it back & put back onto my car. As far as the black paint goes it wouldn't take nothing to get it off the T.B. he has put something on it are has done what ever to make it look as it does. If you look at pic's of my car in here I would put it up with anyone's in here under the hood are body also. Robert

Old 11-05-2018, 06:09 PM
djpelosi
CF Senior Member

Both parties at fault. Seller should have at a minimum described the item in detail including that it was painted, and included pictures. The buyer should have requested pictures. However, a little bit of paint isn't a huge deal, although can sometimes be a hassle for someone who doesn't quite have the time to do it or get all of the paint out of all the little nooks and crannies. Either way, not disclosing the condition of the item as the seller is a bit deceiving.

The bigger issue I see here is the OP stated the TB is actually a Katech when the seller advertised as a Mamo. How does the OP know it's a Katech and not a Mamo? As far as I know, Katech TBs have a blue blade with their name on it. Does this TB have this? I can only see one side of the blade in the pics and it's not blue. If this is indeed a Katech and not a Mamo as advertised, a full refund should be given.

If it does turn out to be a real Mamo TB, then I think both parties should move on and treat this as a lesson learned for both.

Last edited by djpelosi; 11-05-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:14 PM
robert miller
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by djpelosi View Post
Both parties at fault. Seller should have at a minimum described the item in detail including that it was painted, and included pictures. The buyer should have requested pictures. However, a little bit of paint isn't a huge deal, although can sometimes be a hassle for someone who doesn't quite have the time to do it or get all of the paint out of all the little nooks and crannies. Either way, not disclosing the condition of the item as the seller is a bit deceiving.

The bigger issue I see here is the OP stated the TB is actually a Katech when the seller advertised as a Mamo. How does the OP know it's a Katech and not a Mamo? As far as I know, Katech TBs have a blue blade with their name on it. Does this TB have this? I can only see one side of the blade in the pics and it's not blue. If this is indeed a Katech and not a Mamo as advertised, a full refund should be given.

If it does turn out to be a real Mamo TB, then I think both parties should move on and treat this as a lesson learned for both.
I agree here I told this guy about the age of it and told him only had not that many miles on it since my car only has 10,k plus miles on it & bought it with 7,k plus on it. From the pic's on the blade being cut down & the mamo T.B. not being cut down, & him & one other guy in here must have a mamo T.B.. I have told the OP here to ship it back to me. I will refund his money back to him WHY would I sell this piece as one thing & knowing it is something else I bought this about 2 years ago as a MAMO T.B. & sold it as that. When I get it back this next summer I will sale it as what it is.. Robert

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: When you try to help someone else and it backfires..

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: