Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

When you try to help someone else and it backfires..

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 07:50 PM
motojager
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts
Default More Lies

Originally Posted by robert miller
I agree here I told this guy about the age of it and told him only had not that many miles on it since my car only has 10,k plus miles on it & bought it with 7,k plus on it. From the pic's on the blade being cut down & the mamo T.B. not being cut down, & him & one other guy in here must have a mamo T.B.. I have told the OP here to ship it back to me. I will refund his money back to him WHY would I sell this piece as one thing & knowing it is something else I bought this about 2 years ago as a MAMO T.B. & sold it as that. When I get it back this next summer I will sale it as what it is.. Robert
Is your memory slipping you? or are you just throwing out more lies? Let me help you! Link to you saying you have a Katech POST 41 <<<<<Click here for original post.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:19 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by GoatHead
The right thing to do right now is for the buyer to receive full refund plus the any cost of shipping both ways.

It is the seller responsibility to provide detailed, accurate, and honest description of the item. It is not the buyer fault for not asking for photos. The buyer trusted the seller long standing status. One should never be penalized for trusting people; it is the people fault, when they betray that trust.

The seller could have handled this better and saved any reputation he has left ... that train has left already.
THIS ^^^^^^^

One of the best responses here IMO......and I completely agree.

Sure....it would have been prudent for the seller to request pics but you can't penalize him for trusting a fellow Corvette forum member.....we should hold ourselves to higher standards here than EBAY etc.

Also, post count is completely overrated and IMO is not a good representation of how ethical or how knowledgeable/technical savvy a certain individual is.....trust me on that. It just means the guy has alot of time to post and that can be good or bad depending on how you want to look at it. We will leave it at that.

Let's get the smoking gun out of the way first....the TB in question (with the undisclosed quality paint job) is NOT one of my ported TB's......those that have purchased one from me know the execution and fit and finish of my TB looks completely different.

I pulled one off my shelf and took a few pics.....this is how I pack and ship it and another shot of the same TB removed from the bag

I have something to share that's even more troubling....this happened barely a week ago

A forum member reached out to me via email who was unhappy with a manifold he received (that he purchased used from a 3rd party) and it was stated to have been ported by me. Knowing my reputation for quality, he (thankfully) decided to question what he received and wanted to get my input on whether I had actually ported it or not

Here is just a copy of one of the email exchanges.....Im leaving his name out.....if he opts to come in and confirm its him that will be his business

To: Anthony Mamo <mamomotorsports@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2018 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: C7 throttle body and intake

I have a couple more questions for you Tony, if you don't mind.

I picked up a ported LT1 intake from one of the corvetteforum members (robert miller). He says it's an LT1 intake that you ported. He sent it to me in a beat up MSD intake box with a few of your business cards. (He said he received the ported intake from you and then decided to get one of your MSD intakes instead)

Would you normally send out a ported intake with a bunch of plastic shavings inside from the port work? I can try to rinse it all out, it just struck me as odd so I figured I'd reach out to you and you might tell me whether or not I'm just overthinking it.

I also looked at the return shipping address on the MSD box and it's for a shop in Bakersfield called tuned industries. Do you work with them?

Turns out I did not port that OEM LT1 intake as well and that forum member and I shared numerous emails related to that situation. To be honest I usually recommend that my customers better utilize my porting services (and spend there money more wisely) by allowing me to port an MSD LT1 which I have helped numerous customers with and had solid results.

Due to how busy I am I let the first situation go (the bogus intake porting) and never contacted Robert Miller about this.....but I did make a suggestion to the customer who got scammed that he consider posting about the situation because its wrong on many levels (not to mention fraudulent) and it smears my name at the same time (what if he never got in touch with me to inquire about whether it was my work.....the unsuspecting customer who received it would think Im a hack based on the type of work he received that was supposedly ported by me.....very uncool to say the least).

So....here we are.....two similar "accidents" this similar in nature?? And within a week of one another?

Im not buying it and the way he handled the unhappy customer in this thread (who had every right to be unhappy) says alot in my book also. Like I said earlier.....post count means nothing

Had the customer with the TB been treated better he would have never posted and I would have never seen or heard about this to post up about my recent situation concerning the bogus intake.....karma is a bitch

-Tony

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 11-05-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:27 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

^^^^^WOW! This certainly throws a BRIGHT light on what Mr. Miller has been refuting.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Mister Big
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 198 Posts

Old 11-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Man what dog do you have to hunt in this. The OP has a message to him this is the END of this on my end. I sold this thing as a 100% one of Tony's T.B. end of this.. Robert
Then you want something to be taking back this T.B. was bought a few years ago as one of Tony's T.B. if it is not & you send me a message on your foul mouth. Sent it back to me & I WILL RESALE IT AS A WHAT EVER IT IS. If Tony comes in here & 100% tells me it is not one of his from a few years ago. But I would have sold it as a what ever if I had known it was for sure that..

rOBERT
Originally Posted by motojager
Is your memory slipping you? or are you just throwing out more lies? Let me help you! Link to you saying you have a Katech POST 41 <<<<<Click here for original post.
I want to thank Tony for chiming in (too long to quote so read above). That’s all the answers I needed.

Shame on you, RM.

Last edited by Parcival; 11-05-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:41 PM
motojager
Pro

To be transparent...Here is a copy of transaction. unedited below(except his email)...
First lets explain what the definition of excellent:

excellent

adjective
ex·​cel·​lent | \ˈek-s(ə-)lənt \

Definition of excellent

1:archaic : SUPERIOR
2: very good of its kind : eminently good : FIRST-CLASS

Now lets see Fraud:

fraud noun\ˈfrȯd \

Definition of fraud

1a: DECEIT, TRICKERY specifically : an act of deceiving or misrepresenting
2a: one that is not what it seems or is represented to be

Now when you told me it was in excellent condition do you honestly think it was?

Now when you told me it was a Mamo ported throttle body do you honestly think it was?

Do you? or do you think, anybody is thinking this was an honest transaction by you?
You sent crap, you knew it was crap. And wouldn't respond until this went public. Now you want to dis-credit others, perpetuate lies and continue the non-sense. I gave you a chance to handle this properly. nothing but newbie talking trash is what you throw out there.
I see your all about the post counts, but I assure you this is not the posts you should be trying to get counts from. Quit the lies and refund money. Simple fix

Old 11-05-2018, 08:49 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

No man not yet with the mind at all, That was back in Jan/2018 I sold one to a friend in the summer but to be 100% if the mamo never did have a cut blade on it then he pick the wrong T.B. up I put this one back onto the car then & painted it black. I have & people can have more than one T.B. in hand at a time.

I told you I had to pull this one off the car which it was on the car when you bought it. I then put my old stock T.B. back onto the car I also have a new 95 T.B. in my hands for a new motor build. So just put it back into the mail to me & I will paypal you the money back.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Sellout
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Edit: I bought the intake manifold from the same thread where the OP here had picked up the throttle body, and I have returned that intake manifold for a full refund. Robert Miller stepped up and made the situation right.

Last edited by Sellout; 11-06-2018 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by lakemg
Thanks for sharing the details on this one. I'm learning quite a bit from it. I've never purchased a TB from MAMO or Katech, but it has me wondering if it was possible that MAMO sourced TBs from Katech at one point and simply passed them through as if they were MAMO's? This would explain why seller thought it was a MAMO.
No way, dude.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:56 PM
motojager
Pro

Default Feedback forum

Mods is there a way to put a sticky into the for sale sections that have a Link to the feed back forums? I am new here but had no clue there was a FEEDBACK area until my post got moved there to die. Make it a more convenient Sticky tab that can be right there in the forsale/wanted area. Instead of a bottom of forums page area for post to die. I think It would be helpful for all.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:09 PM
ImpliedConsent
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by motojager
Mods is there a way to put a sticky into the for sale sections that have a Link to the feed back forums? I am new here but had no clue there was a FEEDBACK area until my post got moved there to die. Make it a more convenient Sticky tab that can be right there in the forsale/wanted area. Instead of a bottom of forums page area for post to die. I think It would be helpful for all.
Seriously? A sticky for a bad transaction? That's kinda piling it on I would think. RM is taking it back, move on.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:18 PM
Mister Big
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 198 Posts

^^^ I don't think he's asking for a sticky for his transaction, but a sticky for a link to all transactions at the head of each "Parts for Sale/Wanted" section. Currently it's not the easiest thing to find.

Last edited by Mister Big; 11-05-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:22 PM
ImpliedConsent
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Big
^^^ I don't think he's asking for a sticky for his transaction, but a sticky for a link to all transactions at the head of each "Parts for Sale/Wanted" section. Currently it's not the easiest thing to find.
I see it, TY. That's a question for the Help forum. Moving on.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:37 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ImpliedConsent
Seriously? A sticky for a bad transaction? That's kinda piling it on I would think. RM is taking it back, move on.
I have told this kid I would take it back just ship it back to me. I bought it as what I was selling it for I bought it months & months ago for one motor build & ending up doing a full forged motor. I have reply every time not trying to take anyone here for nothing. If I had known this thing was a katech T.B. I would have posted that & not the tony t.b... JUST SHIP THE THING BACK TO ME THE MODS CAN NOT LET ME IN HERE NO MORE IF I DONT SEND YOU YOUR MONEY BACK.

If you think I did this for a crazy azz 300.00 plus you are crazier than you are action here
Old 11-05-2018, 11:57 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Note to self: Never buy anything from Robert Miller.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:03 AM
motojager
Pro

I have told this kid I would take it back just ship it back to me. I bought it as what I was selling it for I bought it months & months ago for one motor build & ending up doing a full forged motor. I have reply every time not trying to take anyone here for nothing. If I had known this thing was a katech T.B. I would have posted that & not the tony t.b... JUST SHIP THE THING BACK TO ME THE MODS CAN NOT LET ME IN HERE NO MORE IF I DONT SEND YOU YOUR MONEY BACK.

If you think I did this for a crazy azz 300.00 plus you are crazier than you are action here
Why you did any of this on any of this on the two listed transactions I dont know.
As I stated to you in PM. A full refund is what I want. As I also said. I trusted you once and that did not turn out, story still changes. Now is your time to trust me.Since I have made zero lies you have no reason to not trust me. So refund my paypal as I requested, and within 24 hrs after refund you will have tracking number and item on way back to you in the exact condition you shipped. You can handle extra return shipping cost after item is received to you.

Last edited by motojager; 11-06-2018 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Kid at heart, but Kiddo time was long ago.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:14 AM
GoatHead
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Sellout

Tony is talking about me above. I was going to start a thread similar to this one, but didn't because I couldn't get a definite answer from the shop Robert told me that he bought this intake manifold from. I was going to post a general reminder/advice thread here to double check, ask for pictures, etc before buying things online, but work got busy and I'm horribly forgetful, so here we are.

At any rate, I bought a mystery ported intake that was filled with plastic shavings and packaged with Tony's business cards. I PMed Robert, and he claimed that he always went to Tony for his port work, and had always been very happy, etc. He asked for pictures of the plastic shavings inside so that he could show them to Tony the next time they talked. As if they were good friends or associates who had been doing business together for years. When I asked if he had purchased this intake manifold from Tony directly, he told me that he got it from a vendor that I won't even mention because they did nothing wrong here as far as I can tell, and shouldn't even be associated with this thread. So I sent an email to that vendor, who I had recently been dealing with on something else entirely and I was told that if they had indeed sold off this part, it would have come from a customer car, which basically ruled this vendor out as well. I say that because the plastic shavings inside this intake manifold would have been melted slag clogging the catalytic converters on whatever vehicle it came off of.

This thing was ported, most shavings shaken out and then packaged for shipping. Simple as that. Every surface inside the manifold had plastic powder clinging to it. I could post pics but who cares? It doesn't matter now. I didn't ask for a refund, and wasn't planning to. I consider myself to have enough of the blame to chalk this one up as a lesson learned. Definitely a disappointment though.

and to clarify: I did ask if it was a mamo ported stock piece before pulling the trigger, and it was definitely advertised as a mamo ported LT1 intake manifold.
WOW!
Two fraudulent transactions for the same product from the same member. How many more ported intakes has seller sold and still have in hand?

The worst part about this is the negative effect this transactions may have on vendors' reputations.

Get notified of new replies

To When you try to help someone else and it backfires..

Old 11-06-2018, 02:43 PM
MacRoadie
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Just a side note: someone DID ask for pictures on 10/20, which was before the OP purchased it (as the TB is still available on 10/21):

And I'm not sure how the TB still being on the car precludes it from being photographed. Maybe not the blade, but the custom paint job for sure.

Just sayin...

Last edited by MacRoadie; 11-06-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:39 PM
VinceBlack
Racer

Received 138 Likes on 67 Posts

Man what dog do you have to hunt in this. The OP has a message to him this is the END of this on my end. I sold this thing as a 100% one of Tony's T.B. end of this.. Robert
Sir, reading your posts hurts my brain....you need to learn how to write.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:04 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VinceBlack
Sir, reading your posts hurts my brain....you need to learn how to write.
Vince then don't read the post. From the pic's here I did sell the guy a katech t.b. & not a mamo t.b. But I did buy this as a mamo t.b.. What reason would I have in doing this I will sell it now as what it is a katech. From the work that was put into it on the blade bar this one should out perf the other due to the weight diff. It sure isn't from needing the money are that. ALL HE HAS TO DO IS MAIL IT BACK TO ME & I WILL PAYPAL HIM THE MONEY BACK..

Quick Reply: When you try to help someone else and it backfires..