Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

When you try to help someone else and it backfires..

Old 11-05-2018, 09:47 AM
John Micheal Henry
Drifting

Received 275 Likes on 195 Posts

^^^ I Agree..
Old 11-05-2018, 09:50 AM
motojager
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
this sucks.

But I have to ask... did you not request pictures before buying a used car part?
No, as I said I didn't push for the pictures my fault there. He said item was still on car. He has been a 10+ year poster with like 10 post a day. I placed to much trust in his word. My bad there.

i was hesitant in even posting his name, but others wanted it, as well as just want to make it aware to someone not to make the stupid mistake I did. Since he currently has items for sale that don't have pictures..
Old 11-05-2018, 09:55 AM
GoatHead
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

DB move and on the border of fraud. You didn't receive what was advertised. You may want to contact your CC or bank and report it as online fraud.

I don't understand it, how could someone fail to mention that said part is painted and look like crap.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:59 AM
GoatHead
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by motojager

No, as I said I didn't push for the pictures my fault there. He said item was still on car. He has been a 10+ year poster with like 10 post a day. I placed to much trust in his word. My bad there.

i was hesitant in even posting his name, but others wanted it, as well as just want to make it aware to someone not to make the stupid mistake I did. Since he currently has items for sale that don't have pictures..
You did nothing wrong for trusting an established member. I've been on various hobby forums, and things like this are not tolerated. He failed to put adequate and proper description of the item. It was advertised as one brand, and he sent you another. No one can ask all possible questions. It is the burden of the seller to disclose the item condition
Old 11-05-2018, 10:08 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Op, before this thread gets out of hand reach out to Robert again and try to resolve your issues with what you received. I’m sure he will make it right.

Rember that everyone’s life is different and they don’t always get a chance to respond as quickly as we sometimes would like them to. I reached out to Robert on your behalf and let him know what is transpiring here on the forum and hopefully he will respond to your complaints and get in touch with you ASAP.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:38 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

He didn't ask for pic's & I didn't post pic's of it r the intake I sold. THIS GUY WAS HAPPY UNTIL HE GOT IT & IT HAVING BLACK PAINT ON IT. The T.B. is what he was told it was PLUS here he has pulled part of the black paint off of it to make it look like this. IT WILL BE EASY TO GET ALL THE PAINT OFF OF THIS T.B..if he want to have a unpainted t.b. on his car.

Plus he sent me a message OVER THE WEEKEND & USING I don't know how many 4 letter words calling me every thing I guess that he could think of. I called him a little kid guess he didn't like that.

If you guys think I am so mad here ask Steve BELL the MOD in here what kind of guy I am with him in here... Plus OP if you are so lazy you cant or don't want to get the paint off of it I would have done it for you before you used ALL of the nice 4 letter words over the weekend to me..

YOU NEVER ASK FOR PIC'S PLUS WHEN I SHIPPED IT TO YOU THE ONLY PAINT THAT WAS OFF OF IT WAS ON THE NECK OF IT WHERE THE RUBBER GOES OVER THE NECK OF IT.. Robert
Old 11-05-2018, 10:45 AM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
He didn't ask for pic's & I didn't post pic's of it r the intake I sold. THIS GUY WAS HAPPY UNTIL HE GOT IT & IT HAVING BLACK PAINT ON IT. The T.B. is what he was told it was PLUS here he has pulled part of the black paint off of it to make it look like this. IT WILL BE EASY TO GET ALL THE PAINT OFF OF THIS T.B..if he want to have a unpainted t.b. on his car.

Plus he sent me a message OVER THE WEEKEND & USING I don't know how many 4 letter words calling me every thing I guess that he could think of. I called him a little kid guess he didn't like that.

If you guys think I am so mad here ask Steve BELL the MOD in here what kind of guy I am with him in here... Plus OP if you are so lazy you cant or don't want to get the paint off of it I would have done it for you before you used ALL of the nice 4 letter words over the weekend to me..

YOU NEVER ASK FOR PIC'S PLUS WHEN I SHIPPED IT TO YOU THE ONLY PAINT THAT WAS OFF OF IT WAS ON THE NECK OF IT WHERE THE RUBBER GOES OVER THE NECK OF IT.. Robert
Dude, sounds like you screwed a forum member over. Kudos to you. Make you proud?
Old 11-05-2018, 10:49 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Matthewstorm
Dude, sounds like you screwed a forum member over. Kudos to you. Make you proud?
DUDE do you know at all what you are talking about here. It really don't look as you do at all he got what he paid for so tell me what you are talking about here. Robert
Old 11-05-2018, 11:08 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

DUDE do you know at all what you are talking about here. It really don't look as you do at all he got what he paid for so tell me what you are talking about here. Robert
beside the paint thing, are you saying this is a Mamo machined/ported TB? And not a Katech as OP alleges? I haven’t seen either before and the angle of the pics don’t give a good view of the inner grooves.

Last edited by Parcival; 11-05-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:10 AM
ImpliedConsent
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by motojager
{snip}After opening up package when it arrived I noticed right away that it was spray painted black(terrible job including overspray inside). Paint was peeling off everywhere, just a terrible looking part that would never go under the hood of my car.{snip}
Does the TB work well? Is it just cosmetic?
He didn't ask for pic's & I didn't post pic's of it r the intake I sold.
Yeah, you knew it looked like ****, that's why you didn't post pics. Your not that innocent here.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Doesn't look like a ported Mamo ported TB to me. I have one. That looks nasty.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:25 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Old 11-05-2018, 11:25 AM
saleen556
Le Mans Master

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,193 Posts

Yes screw the paint. If it’s not a MAMO then the guy has a right to be pissed. YES he should have asked for pics. However as a seller one should post them regardless. This is simply fraud. Very disappointed seeing a long term member pull this crap.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:37 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ImpliedConsent
Does the TB work well? Is it just cosmetic?

Yeah, you knew it looked like ****, that's why you didn't post pics. Your not that innocent here.
Dude I just love a newbie coming in here & running his big mouth I have SOLD more PARTS in here than you will ever buy for your car. It was painted is all I wouldn't have taken it back & cleaned it for him or if he had ask if it was painted are polished I would have told him it was are would have sent him pic's.

I had to pull this off my car & put my stock one back onto the car yes it works great. Plus he told me how happy he was & how fast I got it into the mail to him. So if he is was upset over the paint so be it.. I am done with this from guys that don't know crap about nothing about it.. Robert
Old 11-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Ron'sGS
Burning Brakes

Received 266 Likes on 198 Posts

IMO should you have disclosed to the buyer that the part was painted? I think anyone who received that part would’ve rightfully been upset. Although the buyer didn’t ask for pictures, I would’ve sent them anyway as a courtesy so the buyer knows exactly what they were getting.

Last edited by Ron'sGS; 11-05-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:41 AM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Dude I just love a newbie coming in here & running his big mouth I have SOLD more PARTS in here than you will ever buy for your car. It was painted is all I wouldn't have taken it back & cleaned it for him or if he had ask if it was painted are polished I would have told him it was are would have sent him pic's.

I had to pull this off my car & put my stock one back onto the car yes it works great. Plus he told me how happy he was & how fast I got it into the mail to him. So if he is was upset over the paint so be it.. I am done with this from guys that don't know crap about nothing about it.. Robert
If you're dishonest it doesn't matter squat how many you've sold. I think maybe you've jumped the shark.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:44 AM
SD1
Burning Brakes

Received 343 Likes on 170 Posts

Even if it IS a MAMO as you clearly state in your ad, you have an OBLIGATION to everyone on this forum to engage us honestly and respectfully. If its not a MAMO and you don't refund the purchase immediately, don't let the door hit you in the ***. If it IS a MAMO, I would STILL suggest you refund, that part looks like chit, clearly you knew that, and no one buying something like that thinking, "hey I am going to have to bust out some paint remover to make this thing work on my car" This deal was SHADY from the word GO, make it right or hit the bricks.

Get notified of new replies

To When you try to help someone else and it backfires..

Old 11-05-2018, 11:58 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Easy question, is it the brand you advertised or not ?
Old 11-05-2018, 11:59 AM
motojager
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewstorm
Doesn't look like a ported Mamo ported TB to me. I have one. That looks nasty.
Mamo doesn’t not machine the shaft, Katech does that. This NOT a Mamo ptb! Bottom line is this seller lied, deceived what ever you want to cAll it.

Robert why do you continue to perpetuate lies? Now that I messaged you in a way that you know dirt not happen? I gave you a chance to ma’am’s this right, you just blew it off. You seemed like a nice enough guy, and had multiple posts so I thought I could trust you. Bottom line is you lied and continue the lies. Feel free to post up anything of where I was negative towards you. Other than of course the terrible sale. Below is the screenshot that you said I so went off on you.

Last edited by motojager; 11-05-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:16 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Post up your crap now on what you sent to me man. Then you want something to be taking back this T.B. was bought a few years ago as one of Tony's T.B. if it is not & you send me a message on your foul mouth. Sent it back to me & I WILL RESALE IT AS A WHAT EVER IT IS. If Tony comes in here & 100% tells me it is not one of his from a few years ago. But I would have sold it as a what ever if I had known it was for sure that..

But OP here you also need to really know how to talk to someone with your bad mouth in a message. rOBERT

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: When you try to help someone else and it backfires..