Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Beware of speedz06. Sold me a broken mechman alternator

Old 11-26-2018, 08:27 PM
Mocha_jo1
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beware of speedz06. Sold me a broken mechman alternator

So I purchased a "lightly used" 240 amp mechman alternator (said it only had a few thousand miles on it) from speedz06 a little while back, and he generally was repsondong to any emails within a day. Well once I received the alternator it looked like it had been used well(had a good amount of corrosion), I say "oh well" and install it. Well it did not put out any charge at all. I know it's the alternator since I was forced to go buy a parts store alternator to get the car running again, and that works perfect.

Once I emailed him about it not working at all, he didn't respond until 2 days later when I emailed him again asking if he got my previous email, and that's when he got smart with me and saying he is "not Amazon" when it comes to responses and that I was being rude(keep in mind he used to respond in one day before I told him about it being faulty.)

He tells me he will email me again on the weekend. Well the weekend comes around and I hear nothing until I message him later on Sunday, and he basically says it was sold "as is" and he wasn't offering a warranty on it (basically told me to kick rocks in the long run.) After more talking he basically justified himself burning me on the deal because he had been ripped off on this forum before and "that's life". He also ranted on about how all corvetteforums users are a bunch of crybabies, etc... And that it doesn't matter to him if he wont be allowed on the forums anymore after this.

I talked to Bret(the mechman dealer on the forum) who had looked up the info on the alternator and he had said it was in for repair once before, and that the warranty expired at the end of August of this year. How convenient that speedz06 would list it for sale in October...

After all this BS, I looked into his business he owns, and has had some pretty interesting bad reviews left about him on Google and Yelp. Seems to back up the experience I also had.

Basically I would be extremely cautious doing any business with him. I have the emails to back up my claims if needed.

Unfortunately due to amazing experiences I've had buying from other sellers on here, I took speedz06's reasoning for sending PayPal f&f, so all my options are exhausted. He refused to even help with getting the alternator repaired, which is easily going to be $100 or more with shipping included. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Mocha_jo1; 11-26-2018 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:29 PM
tommypenguin
Drifting

Received 377 Likes on 187 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Damn I feel for you I was looking at his alternator and thought about it. Really sucks you have no recourse since payment was sent as a gift. Hope he provides some firm of compensation, can you provide links of where else he has conducted business?
Old 11-29-2018, 04:01 PM
Mocha_jo1
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tommypenguin
Damn I feel for you I was looking at his alternator and thought about it. Really sucks you have no recourse since payment was sent as a gift. Hope he provides some firm of compensation, can you provide links of where else he has conducted business?
He made it clear that he thinks he doesn't have to help at all.
Am I allowed to post info like that? It wasn't other forums, just reviews on Google and Yelp for his business. If so I'll put it up.

Get notified of new replies

To Beware of speedz06. Sold me a broken mechman alternator

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beware of speedz06. Sold me a broken mechman alternator