Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Corvette Rubber Company, and Shipping Cost

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 01:28 AM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,901 Likes on 883 Posts

Default Corvette Rubber Company, and Shipping Cost

After doing extensive research, I called CRC today to order the two main weather stripping for each door. After speaking with the representative, she said that with just the two items, she could fit them into a soft sided envelope, and the shipping cost would be minimal. Something like $6.00 or so.

Unfortunately, I have experienced significant costs for shipping from most all vendors. I have expressed my concern on a few occasions when the shipping cost for an item is 30%-40% of the cost of the original item.

With this transaction....I was a bit shocked. This is the first time (that I can remember), a vendor actually looked to save me a little money on shipping costs. What a pleasant surprise.

From here on out, I will keep all my weather stripping business needs directed to Corvette Rubber Company.

Pat

Old 11-27-2018, 03:25 AM
Greg
Just another Corvette guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,835 Likes on 1,782 Posts

Great tip Pat, thanks!
Old 11-27-2018, 04:51 AM
tbarb
Safety Car

Received 562 Likes on 479 Posts

Pat,

CRC treated me the same when I ordered door and windshield rubber from them. Corvette Rubber Company is a great company to deal with and they have been around for quite some time, years ago I bought all my 1967 corvette convertible top rubber from them and everything fit fine.

I will never deal with anyone else for these cars.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:40 AM
Panama 58
Melting Slicks

Received 611 Likes on 333 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I do a lot of C1 weather strip business with CRC and have over the last ten years because their customer service and product are by far the best out there. Megan and Mike run the operation and they are both very responsive to comments from customers. They are always open to suggestions on how to improve their product. They can't do everything that people ask for, but when they hear of a concern numerous times, they address it. Clearly shipping has become a way for many vendors to recoup some profit, but not with CRC. They are doing all of the right things. They deserve our hobbyist support.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:41 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I wish more vendors would realize that reduced shipping costs would give them a competitive edge...

I ordered control arm dust shields/staples and some steering coupler bolts from an unnamed, big Corvette vendor and the shipping was nearly as much as the parts - my last order through them...
Old 11-27-2018, 08:44 AM
morly1963
Melting Slicks

Received 631 Likes on 419 Posts

I ordered $12.00 worth of bolts from Corvette America n shipping was $9.00. I have a mail order co, and u can ship that for $3.00 or $7.50 priority
I understand people have to make a living but that is to much. Glad this co.treated u right.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:34 AM
59BlueSilver
Safety Car

Received 930 Likes on 532 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year Finalist
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

That’s why I do most of my business with Keen. Supposedly they charge actual shipping, not some inflated charge the vendor may come with.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:52 AM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by morly1963
I ordered $12.00 worth of bolts from Corvette America n shipping was $9.00. I have a mail order co, and u can ship that for $3.00 or $7.50 priority
I understand people have to make a living but that is to much. Glad this co.treated u right.
Corvette America is the worst for that . If you order something that is small enough to fit in a small shipping envelope , they will put it in a 12"X12" box and stuff all of their sales literature and a catalog even though I have several catalogs from previous purchases . And that is why their prices are higher than everybody . Catalogs cost plenty . They pass that cost on to us .

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Rubber Company, and Shipping Cost

Quick Reply: Corvette Rubber Company, and Shipping Cost