Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Dispute: Corvette Mods in Fort Worth TX

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 11:34 AM
JoelFisher
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dispute: Corvette Mods in Fort Worth TX

Hey everyone...not just a bad experience with Corvette Mods - but an unbelievably bad one and here it is for your reading pleasure...so you understand I have a 2011 Grand Sport convertible and I have gone carbon fiber inside outside and now under the hood...I went to Corvette Mods to get my parts and now 3 plus months later I still do't have the parts and of the 18 parts I ordered $5,000.00 ago - 7 of them not fitting my car and remember these are custom painted parts they sold me in person or by talking on the phone - calm down Joel........here is the latest email between me and the Corvette Mods manager Eric....mine first and remember this is 3 months into this...

"Eric

Are you guys really not going to answer me about the last part you sent me that does not fit my car again? I trimmed the piece to fit and the coating could not take the heat and needs redone. I am as sick of this as you are. I am so ready to not have to deal with Corvette Mods but I have to. You still have 5 or more of my parts. Will you fix this one or do I just take in the ying yang again? Please advise and yes I am sick of your company and your failure to simply provide a parts that fits and looks good….I am convinced now that that request and expectation of a specialty corvette parts company is just to much to ask! In all my years of building street rods and modifying cars and trucks, this is the worst experience I have ever had! I want my parts and to be done with your company. I want this latest part redone and sent to me as soon as possible so please call me to work out the details of getting it back to you at your cost. Please advise at your earliest how to complete this transaction and end all of this….,

Joel A Fisher, EGA

His response:

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018, 8:44 PM Corvette Mods Customer Service <service@corvettemods.com wrote:

Mr. Fisher,

As we have expressed before, we are not the manufacturer of these parts. You stated that you had the same fitment issue when you bought the same part in 2012; the manufacturer includes their information in the instruction packets which states to contact their tech department for fitment issues. Attached is a copy ACC's website showing the correct part number was ordered, which is 043049 on the PO we submitted showing your AB- order number. Please compare it to the paperwork/instructions received with the part.

I feel that we have gone above and beyond to correct the unfortunate errors with your orders and have done our best to have the replacements processed as quickly as possible given that the parts initially have to be made then go through the custom finish process. I have apologized to you during both of your visits to our facility and you were a pleasure to work with in person but must disagree with the way you have communicated with our staff via email.

Therefore, given the circumstances, we recommend that the remaining items be picked up by you so you can visually see them in person prior to leaving our facility. Attached is an agreement that must be signed by you before the items are released which they will be ready for pick up on Monday, December 10th. At this point, you will be able to bring the throttle body cover with you for evaluation. Since the part has been altered from the condition it was in when received from us, we can give you an estimate for our cost to repair the hydrocarbon finish.

Let us know if you have any questions,

Eric - Operations Manager

MY RESPONSE:

Eric thank you for your email. It's a little late though think was 5 days ago that I asked what to do about this part that didn't fit and today is the first response that I get and it's too once again make me feel like this is my fault that your company has problems with sales and fitment. Your statement alone says it all...from 2012 to now apparently no one in the country has complained about this part not fitting their car except for me ...it's got to be me. I'm sorry but you're going to mail me my parts and if you don't think that the quality is good enough when it leaves your door then you have more problems then even you know. I'm a customer who ordered parts and I expect them to be delivered to my home. Maybe you can check them as the GM of Corvette mods to make sure that they're good before they leave your building. After this you can bet that I will not buy a single thing from you and I will instruct every person I know that Corvette mods is not a company to deal with. I'm going to make it my mission to let every Corvette enthusiasts and Corvette club know that your company is not one to deal with and that this is how you treat your customers. You have internal problems and that's unfortunate what's more unfortunate is you made me feel like it's my fault. I have come to your facility twice now... I've mailed parts back to you at my own cost and now you're telling me to come over there one more time because your company has issues. Say what you want or how you want to say it but this is not your customers fault. As for my emails to your company none of them have been unprofessional nasty or anything other than truthful. Please send me my parts when they're completed and you'll never hear from me again as for the part that I have right now I'll get another company that can do this without issue to fix it. Send me my parts please confirm you received this email and that you will send me my parts that I paid for. Thank you and merry Christmas

Joel A Fisher, EGA

Their Response:

Joel,

You drilled the hole in to the part and ruined it, not us. Then, expected us to replace or repair the part for the damage YOU caused. We can re-do the finish, but we have to charge for that service.

You can come on Monday after 12pm to pick up the parts with the signed agreement. Any further condescending emails will not be necessary.

-Eric

Note: We're the only company that offers hydrocarbon stainless steel.

END>>>>>>>>

There are a hundred more emails and so you all know, they told me that I would have no affect in social media on their company and to go for it! That's why I am here...

I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER CORVETTE FAMILY MEMBER GOING THROUGH WHAT I AM

DON'T BUY FROM CORVETTE MODS in FORT WORTH, TX - send this to all your corvette friends and clubs and let them know these people will not take care of you - they will blame you for their errors and problems and problems in sales, quality and fitment and make it impossible for you to to simply buy, get and install parts for your baby!
Old 12-09-2018, 07:29 PM
Route99
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 863 Likes on 667 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Joel: sorry to see your troubles with Corvette Mods. Corvette Mods was removed as a forum vendor quite some time ago for repeated issues like you are now facing.
I know it's too late to help you with this, but I would encourage you to check any vendor in the Transactions Feedback section before ordering; especially the significant order you placed.
Hopefully the parts they finally get to you will be the correct fit and finish.
Best wishes for a smooth finish to your challenges with them.
Cheers, Larry

Edit: They also operate another business under the business title of Modern Gen Auto. They use 10100 Hicks Field Road, Ft Worth TX 76179 as the contact address for both businesses.

Last edited by Route99; 12-09-2018 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Added comment
Old 12-09-2018, 10:01 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,330 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Corvette Mods was removed as a Orum Vendor years ago, and there’s a lot of items on them in the archives.

Its not likely they will be answering any posts in this thread.

Get notified of new replies

To Dispute: Corvette Mods in Fort Worth TX

Quick Reply: Dispute: Corvette Mods in Fort Worth TX