Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Oracle Lighting not so bright

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 09:32 AM
BRNNRBR
Cruising

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Default Oracle Lighting not so bright

Im not sure anyone else has had any challenges with Oracle Lighting but my experience wasn’t so great. I ordered illuminated rear logo flags for my 2015 Z06 a few months ago. At first everything seemed to be going great as I was told within just a few days that my part was being shipped that day. Nine days later I sent an email asking for the status as it hadn’t been delivered yet. The following day I received an response stating that it had to go thru additional testing causing the delay. Well, eventually after another week or so it finally showed up and looked great. I was quite anxious to get it installed.
Being a relatively novice mechanic I had downloaded and studied the installation instructions. Looks easy. Nothing stands out that is beyond my capabilities. Well, that was not the eventual experience. After calling the Oracle tech rep, he said the instructions were really for the C6 and not the C7 and that I should just go thru the taillights to hook it up. To make a long story short, I spent considerable time watching U-tube videos to learn how to remove the entire rear bumper facia. Then we found that the provided wiring plugs were very undersized and we had to improvise. Eventually we were able to get the illuminated logo installed and it looks great.
I thought I’d give a little feedback to Oracle and to other potential purchasers that this isn’t as easy as they make it look. I found there were no reviews so I attempted to post mine. After a few weeks, it still isn’t posted. I guess they only want good reviews.
Hope others have better luck than I did.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:13 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default Ttt

I love every thing I have gotten thur them but should put some kind of how DIY in with the items for sure. I know that rear bumper is some what a mess to get off really need two people to make sure you don't drop r do worse to it.. Glad you are happy... Robert

Quick Reply: Oracle Lighting not so bright