Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

JD Corvette

Old 12-27-2018, 08:47 AM
richopp
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 119 Posts
Default JD Corvette

As a new C2 owner, I have a number of choices when it comes to vendors and parts. I had the opportunity to pick up a discounted part from JD Corvette. It came in with a bit of an issue. I contacted them and they actually CALLED the person doing the work and worked out the solution.

Then, they CALLED ME PERSONALLY and we were able to solve everything in less than 3 minutes.

I have been doing cars for over 50 years and have dealt with many vendors--some good, some not so good.

In this case, it is a wonderful thing to find a vendor who, on a relatively small dollar amount order (in the Corvette world, anyway--but a lot of $$ to me!), took his time to make sure I was satisfied and that all was well.

As I told them, I will be a good customer in the future based on this small but meaningful interaction.

Thanks, JD Corvette!

Cheers,

Richard
Old 12-27-2018, 08:55 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

A vendor’s rep means a ton in this hobby. Word of mouth can make or break them.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:39 PM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,008 Likes on 2,528 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Anybody can make a mistake, or have a bum part. That's life. It's how a vendor responds when that happens that makes all the difference in the world. Sounds like you found someone with integrity!
Old 01-03-2019, 09:38 AM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,687 Likes on 2,986 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Its nice to here some positive transactions actually do happen!
Old 01-03-2019, 06:39 PM
richopp
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 119 Posts

You guys are all correct. One never knows what will go on with a vendor in our hobby. On the Buick side, where I come from after 40+ years, we had some great ones and there are still some out there that are difficult to deal with.

Having typed that, I can also say that the customer's attitude has a lot to do with the response a person might get. It is only now in my later years (!) that I find I can calm down and manage interactions in a professional, business-like manner (most of the time--don't get me started with ATT...) and I have found over the last 10 years or so I have gotten much better results from acting like an adult and treating everyone involved as if they were also adults who wanted a resolution to any situation. Big surprise, right??

Wish I had grown-up sooner...but better late than never!

Cheers,

Richard

Get notified of new replies

To JD Corvette

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JD Corvette