Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Zip Corvette Problem...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 07:32 PM
CAMS69
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 84 Posts

Default Zip Corvette Problem...

Horrible customer service!
Month + ago I bought a bunch of parts for the 69. Front bumperettes became back ordered after I ordered them. Waited weeks , when they arrived they were for an older Vette c2 maybe. Labeled from Zip as the correct bumperettes for a C3.
Explained with pictures what was sent and how they were mislabeled by Zip. I wanted a return label from them to send them back. This is when I entered the twilight zone. Long story short they claimed to email
the label over and over again. I keep telling them I’m not getting it. Finally after aggravating the crap out of me I told them to mail me the return label. Days if not a week or longer goes by finally I get the return label. I promptly send the bumperettes back. All the while being assured the proper bumperettes were coming and would be shipped to me ASAP. Well week or more goes by and I realize they should have gotten them back and the correct ones should be headed my way? Hell no! I look on my c/c statement and they have credited the return money back to my credit card? Well I had to buy them from another supplier and after taxes and shipping I’m out about 50.00. During this whole fiasco I even emailed other people in the organization to help.
I went waaaay beyond to rectify this problem while they just seemed to not give a crap. They have lost me as a customer.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:43 PM
kansas123
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 279 Posts

Sorry you had that experience. Did you happen to check the Spam folder of your email system; I have found some answers I got sent to that folder before. Good luck with your project.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:28 PM
CAMS69
Pro

Default Yes

Yes checked spam folder. The problem was I was getting their email referencing the return but there was no attachment. Which I told them over and over, it was like Groundhog Day... it’s slmost like they were messing with me , like my problem wasn’t their problem. Horrible customer service.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:31 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 754 Likes on 525 Posts

Never had any problems with ZIP.
There are these things call telephones. You pick it up and dial a number. The person at the other end picks up his/her phone and you actually use English and talk to each other. Much better than e-mail because you can ask questions and get answers in real time.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:36 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

Moving to Transaction Feedback.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:45 PM
CAMS69
Pro

Default Fyi

Originally Posted by theandies
Never had any problems with ZIP.
There are these things call telephones. You pick it up and dial a number. The person at the other end picks up his/her phone and you actually use English and talk to each other. Much better than e-mail because you can ask questions and get answers in real time.
English happens to be my first language. Phone calls, and email were involved. This was my experience. Seems unbelievable ? Yes it should , that’s how ridiculous the whole experience was. Groundhog Day and twilight zone remake 2018...,
Old 12-31-2018, 11:48 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 754 Likes on 525 Posts

Gotcha. I've dealt with Zip for years and they've always seemed to bend over backwards to make a mistake right. Just doesn't fit their MO.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:43 AM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,707 Likes on 2,996 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Zip Corvette has a good reputation, Sorry to here that you had problems with your transaction, Sounds like they did try to help
Old 01-03-2019, 10:31 AM
CAMS69
Pro

Some seem to focus on the return label fiasco, that small part is not the problem.
This took weeks, if not month and a half of phone calls, emails.

1-Zip sent me the wrong part because they labeled it wrong. Ok
2-Zip sent me a return label for the part to be shipped back. Ok
3-I sent the part back. Ok
4-Zip was waiting for the correct part and my incorrect part to be together at Zip. Ok
5-Zip was supposed to ship me the correct part. Ok
6-Zip did not ship me the correct part they refunded my money $249.00 . THIS IS A PROBLEM
7-The part was $249.00 and was included in a larger order so tax and shipping were already paid by me. THIS IS A PROBLEM
8-I had to purchase the part from another supplier. My decision, fool me once....I am out about $50.00 for tax and shipping from another supplier. My problem? My fault? You may think so and that's ok.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:05 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Actually of all of his complaints he is mostly right. But there is an explanation to clear some of it up to him as well. First the parts that came in were off my 1 number and our receivers did not catch the mistake. They were for a full size Chevrolet and not a Corvette. The one we had on the shelf was the same way. We sent his and the one in stock back to the manufacture and were waiting on the new ones to be sent.
As far as the Call tag, we sent several of them, we start the process with UPS and UPS sends emails the call tag to him. I am not sure how is was getting emails but not the call tag attachment. It could be a browser issue or not sure who his email software is through. 98% of the time we no issues with these.
The mistake was the people in returns not following the instruction on the service sheet that the sales person wrote up. It was clearly written to reship the exchange and not to refund. I can't tell you why that happened, I can only guess is that this was done on the 21st which was the day we were shutting down early for our Christmas party. I will assume that they were rushing to get everything done. That is 100% our mistake and not this customers, I am apologize that he had to order these from somewhere else. If he would like to call JT back though, I will give him a $50 gift card to make up for any money lost in all of this.
Happy New Year
Justin Abbott
Old 01-03-2019, 05:24 PM
CAMS69
Pro

I will accept $50.00 put back on my PayPal account. Or $50.00 check mailed to my address.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Z28ImpalaSS
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Why not just accept the $50.00 gift card? I understand you're pissed and agree YOU went way above and beyond to get this rectified. It should have been taken care of much more quickly.
But it looks like J.Abbott and Zip Corvette have stepped up and admitted that they handled it poorly and are trying to satisfy you as best they can. Plus it's nice to see a supplier on the Forum that actually responds to posts.
My.02
Old 01-03-2019, 07:35 PM
CAMS69
Pro

Originally Posted by Z28ImpalaSS
Why not just accept the $50.00 gift card? I understand you're pissed and agree YOU went way above and beyond to get this rectified. It should have been taken care of much more quickly.
But it looks like J.Abbott and Zip Corvette have stepped up and admitted that they handled it poorly and are trying to satisfy you as best they can. Plus it's nice to see a supplier on the Forum that actually responds to posts.
My.02
The answer to your question is not that complicated. Since you asked I will respond.
I spent $50.00 extra dollars of my money.
A $50.00 gift card from Zip can only be spent at Zip. I don’t want to buy any more parts from Zip. If Zip doesn’t want to do it my way so be it. Also you state that “it should have been taken care of much more quickly” this is not at all the problem. The problem is I ended up spending $50.00 to rectify the problem.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:15 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

The vendor has responded and offered to rectify the situation. Further discussion about the OP deciding whether or not he wants the offer by people not involved in the transaction are unnecessary. Other conversation between the OP and the vendor can continue offline. According to Transaction Feedback rules, the thread will be closed at this time. If the OP or the vendor wants to report a final resolution of the conflict, they can contact me and I will add that information to this thread, which membership can continue to read at any time.

Get notified of new replies

To Zip Corvette Problem...

Quick Reply: Zip Corvette Problem...