Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

BUYER BEWARE!!!! we have a scammer in our midst

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 11:36 AM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

I sold a piece of car electronics a few weeks back. It was working fine (so I thought) but the buyer wasn't able to get it to work right. I paid to have it returned. I wouldn't be able to sleep fine otherwise. Just sayin.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:36 AM
Charris003
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LMDNC5
I have never sold anything on the forum without disclosing what I knew about part. This differential was in good condition when it left my shop. What happened in the next month is out of my control. I do know he has no experience doing this because he did not even drain the rear end he brought me.Fluid was all over the back out his truck and he put mine in the truck and left with a trans brace that I gave him included at no extra cost. Because of bad weather in the area I offered him a place to stay in my home until storm passed. The threats that I have received from other forum members who are ignorant to any knowledge of transaction is uncalled for. I sold him a diff with a Rpm plate on it just as I purchased it. I used this in a dedicated auto cross car and never had any problems or noise.

you also didn’t “throw in” the diff brace at no cost: the deal we negotiated was for your RPM stage 3 diff that had around 500 miles on it, and the diff brace that you had. You also forgot to mention that the diff brace came with none of the bolts and you didn’t seem to know anything about it.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Charris003
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DWillys
I sold a piece of car electronics a few weeks back. It was working fine (so I thought) but the buyer wasn't able to get it to work right. I paid to have it returned. I wouldn't be able to sleep fine otherwise. Just sayin.

I’ve done the same. Once again this isn’t a case of me running the diff for an entire summer. It’s January in Nebraska... the opportunities are limited. The problems presented themselves the first time I drove the car.

Even then I did not reach out to Lee for a refund, I reached out asking for possible paperwork from RPM (remember, he led me to believe he purchased it from them and it only had 500 miles on it). Only then is when he changed his story.

So so before I put my foot in my mouth I uninstalled the differential and sent it off to RPM (who has the differential right now). They called me with their findings, still waiting for them to email it to me (I’ve been dealing with Shayne), and only then did I reach out to Lee requesting a refund. I traded a working differential and $1,000 cash for what turned out to be just a housing and a trans brace.

Still failing to see where I get any benefit whatsoever out of this situation by having to tell people the truth about who they’re dealing with. The his has done nothing but cost me money and time.

Lee Douglas is a liar and a cheat.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:14 PM
Pete W
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LMDNC5
I told him I bought on the forum put it in my dedicated auto cross car and never had a problem.I also included a trans brace in the deal I dont know what he did installing it but it was in good shape. the RPM tag was on it when I bought it never thought any different because there were no problems
Who did you buy it from? How long ago? I know when I purchase things like a a used differential I keep some type of paperwork. I don't understand why you aren't providing this information. I don't understand why you are pissed that someone sold you a fake RPM diff. You seem to be very calm and nonchalant about this entire situation. Odd.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:47 PM
Charris003
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Pete W
Who did you buy it from? How long ago? I know when I purchase things like a a used differential I keep some type of paperwork. I don't understand why you aren't providing this information. I don't understand why you are pissed that someone sold you a fake RPM diff. You seem to be very calm and nonchalant about this entire situation. Odd.
because he doesn’t care. He stiffed me for over $1,000 and got what he wanted. His story changed and continues to change. I can do nothing except warn people about him, and HOPEFULLY someone will learn from my mistake of trusting people.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE!!!! we have a scammer in our midst