Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

BUYER BEWARE!!!! we have a scammer in our midst

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 03:07 PM
Charris003
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BUYER BEWARE!!!! we have a scammer in our midst

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!

I purchased a differential from LMDNC5. He billed the unit as an RPM stage 3 3 rib differential. It even had an RPM tag on it. I drove to Arkansas to purchase the differential and trade my stock one, and upheld 100% of my end of the deal. When I got home and got the differential installed, with fresh fluid (according to RPM's website), I took the car for a drive and noticed and IMMEDIATE and very loud "whine" coming from the differential. After 20 miles of driving I put the car back on the lift and dropped the fluid and it was very metallic. Something is wrong with the differential. I pulled the differential out of the car and sent it directly to RPM. RPM gave me a call yeserday (Jan 17, 2019) and informed me that the differential was NOT an RPM diff and had no parts that they build diffs with. The clutches and bearings showed excessive heat, and the ring had not been set up correctly as there is a lot of scoring on the teeth and play.

Lee told me he purchased the differential, and that he had it in his supercharged c5 until the engine blew up. He told me that he had only put maybe 500 miles on it, along with some autocrosses, and was putting the car back to stock after blowing the engine.

Only after I contacted him did he change his story. Now he claims that he purchased the differential from another member on this forum. He now says theres no way to know how many miles are on it, as he purchased it second hand.

It's obvious that he KNEW there was a problem with this differential and LIED to me about it. He refuses to refund my money. Lee is a scumbag and buyers should be VERY AWARE of this situation when purchasing any parts from him. He cannot be trusted and will change his story.

I'm a man of my word. I have never/will never sell someone a junk part. This is not a situation where I ran the differential for an entire summer and beat the hell out of it, and now demanding money back. I installed this differential and IMMEDIATELY had issues. I contacted him directly to try to resolve this, but he would rather scam people out of money than do the right thing. Below you can find the pictures, directly from RPM that show the damage. This will end up costing me more than had I purchased their differential directly. Scumbags like this are what's wrong with the world today!

Old 01-18-2019, 03:56 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

not to sound like a a** but I would have brought a cordless impact with a 10 mil socket and buzzed off the rear cover ???? maybe good info for someone in the future ??? Sorry you got ripped, and you had to do all that labor !!!!!
Old 01-18-2019, 04:03 PM
Charris003
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Pounder
not to sound like a a** but I would have brought a cordless impact with a 10 mil socket and buzzed off the rear cover ???? maybe good info for someone in the future ??? Sorry you got ripped, and you had to do all that labor !!!!!
in hindsight I wish I would have. He seemed like a standup guy
Old 01-18-2019, 05:07 PM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,706 Likes on 1,668 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

Reading his posts, he does seem like a stand-up guy but what he is doing to you is BS. If he said it was a RPM stage 3 and it's not, he should refund $
Old 01-18-2019, 05:18 PM
Charris003
Intermediate

Originally Posted by knewblewkorvette
Reading his posts, he does seem like a stand-up guy but what he is doing to you is BS. If he said it was a RPM stage 3 and it's not, he should refund $
agreed. I spoke with him on the phone for a long time and got a good feeling. I guess I’m too trusting. It’s not only not an RPM diff, the diff was assembled incorrectly.

$1900 later and RPM is building it now and I should have it back next week.

He got essentially $1400 out of me and I got stuck with a $1900 bill.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:40 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,293 Likes on 13,966 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Other member has been contacted, and moving this thread over to Transactions Feedback. Those that have no direct knowledge of the issue should not make speculative posts in the thread.

Edit: Since there is already a thread in the Transactions Feedback section on this, closing this one down.

Last edited by Vetteman Jack; 01-18-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To BUYER BEWARE!!!! we have a scammer in our midst

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE!!!! we have a scammer in our midst