Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Has anyone used Custom Rebuilt Carbs of NJ

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 08:56 AM
Hulou
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Has anyone used Custom Rebuilt Carbs of NJ

Just asking, has anyone used the services of Philip Cancilla at Custom Rebuit Carbs of NJ. If so, How is their work and do/would you recommend them I'm interested in a set of Carter Dual quad Carbs for my early 270HP 1959 Corvette

Thanks for the info

Hugh
hugh1928@gmail.com
Old 01-19-2019, 09:49 AM
Dave Strickland
Burning Brakes

Received 239 Likes on 113 Posts

I had a Carter #3461 on my 63 300HP car that was bought from him. It had a hesitation and would not idle down properly. I sent it to my longtime carbauretor guy and he told me the main body was junk and should have never been used. Pretty disappointing. I'd be very careful.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:50 AM
prestige6
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Default Carbs

I've used them a number of times. Does excellent work and stands behind it.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:58 AM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by prestige6
I've used them a number of times. Does excellent work and stands behind it.
X2
Old 01-19-2019, 10:03 AM
Hulou
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank You for your prompt Reply!!! so I take it wyou would recommend Phil ?

Hugh
Old 01-19-2019, 12:19 PM
provette67
Le Mans Master

Received 705 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Hulou
Thank You for your prompt Reply!!! so I take it wyou would recommend Phil ?

Hugh
I highly recommend Phil. As others have said. He does excellent work and stands behind it.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:07 PM
Gary D. Jaynes
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

I have bought 3 sets of 3x2’s from him and a ‘72 LT-1 carburetor from him. Had one problem, had a leak at the inlet fitting on the center carb, sent it back and he fix it at no charge, put it back on, now dry as a bone.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:55 AM
Jason Conroy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I talked to the guy in Carlisle. I also know he did a lot of work for fulie Dave, which told me already I would get mine done there. Seemed like a good guy and the carbs he had there that he worked on looked amazing.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:16 AM
I'minheaven67
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Recently had some work done by Phil for my Holley 3810.

Excellent work, friendly, reliable, reasona

Holley 3810
ble prices. Carb performs great.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:31 AM
Fuelie Dave
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Phil Cancilla, Custom Carburetor, LLC

Just wanted to add a comment to this discussion

Over the years, I have sold dozens of sets of dual four carbs and many 1X4 carbs, all done by Phil Cancilla and his staff at Custom Carburetor LLC in Middlesex, New Jersey. In the very rare occasion something was not quite right, Phil would immediately take care of the issue and then return iit at his expense. Simply put, C. C., LLC has an outstanding reputation and anyone that has ANY carburetor problems can use Phil with full confidence in his work and professionalism.

Dave Evans, Fueliedave
Old 01-23-2019, 08:43 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
X2
X3

Old 01-25-2019, 01:58 PM
andy cannizzo
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Phil is the best carb guy around and he stands behind his work.... I have used him for a number of carbs with NO issues......
Old 01-29-2019, 10:43 PM
lromero
Navigator

I have used them in the past to rebuild my 58 WCFB Carter - Phill is the owner, very knowledgeable and stands behind his work. Have not had any problems.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:33 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,329 Likes on 2,775 Posts

As this recommendation thread has extended into a promotion, I’ll move it to Transaction Feedback.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:57 PM
trarmour
Navigator

I bought a Holley 2818-1 Carburetor from Custom Rebuilt Carburetors for a 1965 Corvette. Promoted as "SHOW RESTORED"! My car is a show car! Expensive for sure over $1,200.00. I was told the carb was pretty much plug and play with only minor adjustments to be made upon installation. I was also told all of the internal parts were coated with an epoxy finish so ethanol fuels wouldn't damage the interior. Also all parts used for the rebuild were ethanol safe as well. When I installed the carburetor it was late in the day and the engine ran crappy but because it was late I thought I would adjust it the next day. I tried to start it the next day and it wouldn't start and there was a strong gas smell. I get out of the car and the top of the intake manifold was full of gas. I then wiped up the gas and I had someone else crank the engine while I looked under the hood to see where the gas was coming from, The gas was just shooting out of both vent tubes. Upon removing the carburetor and taking the fuel bowls off I found both brass floats had fuel in them.
After looking at the floats the soldered seam in the middle of the floats got rubbed through apparently from rubbing on rib on the bottom of the fuel bowls during shipping. (not their fault)! Looking at the interior of the fuel bowls there was no epoxy coating on either bowl interior or the metering blocks as well as the main body of the carburetor. Also the float springs were the incorrect wrong ones that were too light. Looking at the primary bowl accelerator pump cover I just see a black edge of the accelerator pump diaphragm. The alcohol resistant diaphragms are a greenish color. I take the accelerator pump cover off and the diaphragm is totally black which means it is not for ethanol fuels at all! The accelerator pump arm was also incorrectly adjusted as well. I told them I wanted the white colored (lightest) secondary spring installed and a 4.5 Power Valve. The power valve was correct but the secondary spring was the color of a much heavier spring delaying the secondaries from opening on my car. The exterior finish on one the fuel bowls shows there was corrosion that when
re-colored was colored right over! The fuel transfer tube was just painted an aluminum color and the choke cover was just sprayed with a clear finish coating to make it shiny. So this carburetor was far from what I was told about SHOW RESTORED as well as "plug and play" plus it was not near ready for ethanol blended fuel as I was told either! I would never buy from them again or have anything to do with them. If someone that didn't know cars or how to work on carburetors received this carburetor they probably wouldn't know everything that wasn't as promised other than they would of have to send it back for the initial flooding problem that was from the damaged floats. However the only thing they would have known is the carburetor is shooting gas out of the vent tubes. I had to change the fresh oil that was in the engine because it got so contaminated with gas as well! In my opinion they are a very deceptive company promising something they don't deliver. Taking advantage of people that just don't know!

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone used Custom Rebuilt Carbs of NJ

Quick Reply: Has anyone used Custom Rebuilt Carbs of NJ