Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Bad deal here with tsp in texas

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 09:56 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default Bad deal here with tsp in texas

I had a diff vendor in here to get me a set of drop in forged piston and rods for the c7. They got all the parts from TEXAS SPEED & PERFORANCE in texas that is a vendor in here also. Well got the parts in from them and you would know it sent me a full set of rod bears to who knows what car set up.

The bearing was over 60,k to wide plus the notch in them were on the diff side that going into the rod. I CALL TSP yesterday and got a PRICE IF I WANT TO BUY THEM THE COST WOULD BE 10.28 EACH SO A TOTAL OF 82.00 plus 28.00 to ship to me. Plus I paid the shipping for the wrong parts back to them..

Now only got a refund from them of 54.00... TELL ME HOW THIS IS RIGHT ARE CORRECT IN DOING BUSINESS LIKE THIS WITH PEOPLE.. Robert
Old 01-31-2019, 11:46 AM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 162 Posts

Your problem is with the vendor you purchased them from not Texas Speed.
I don't care who made the shipping mistake, entry error, packaging error or whatever - you need to resolve the issue through the vendor you purchased them from originally.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:59 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 1968swbbigblock
Your problem is with the vendor you purchased them from not Texas Speed.
I don't care who made the shipping mistake, entry error, packaging error or whatever - you need to resolve the issue through the vendor you purchased them from originally.
I really don't see it your way on this at all but to each his on the thinking of stuff. That vendor that I got the stuff from has nothing to do with the amount of what TSP is going to refund here.. Robert
Old 01-31-2019, 01:09 PM
itsonlyairandfuel
Drifting

Received 383 Likes on 240 Posts

You deal with vendor, who has your money period. Been there done that. Good Luck.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:38 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by itsonlyairandfuel
You deal with vendor, who has your money period. Been there done that. Good Luck.
It is not the money here at all just making a statement here on how the vendors that the parts came from does business..Robert
Old 01-31-2019, 02:14 PM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 162 Posts

Robert - it has everything to do with the refund that TSP is offering.
The amount TSP offered as a refund might be the cost your other supplier paid for the bearings. They buy wholesale you buy retail.
Under the law TSP owes you nothing. Your contractual agreement via your exchange of funds for goods or services is with the supplier that you purchased the material from. The law, in this case, does not care who shipped the rod bearings.
Trust me - 24 years of experience with these kinds of business transactions
Old 01-31-2019, 03:17 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 1968swbbigblock
Robert - it has everything to do with the refund that TSP is offering.
The amount TSP offered as a refund might be the cost your other supplier paid for the bearings. They buy wholesale you buy retail.
Under the law TSP owes you nothing. Your contractual agreement via your exchange of funds for goods or services is with the supplier that you purchased the material from. The law, in this case, does not care who shipped the rod bearings.
Trust me - 24 years of experience with these kinds of business transactions
You make sense here I will say something to the vendor I got them from but don't see any way here retail being 10.28 each and wholesale being 6.75 each. Not that much mark up. I had to buy new aftermarket bearing and a full set was almost 112.00 but again here was aftermarket and not GM..

I will say something to the vendor I got them from here. But I did call TSP and ask a guy what was he best price on them. Plus here the 10.28 x 8 total cost was the same as a friend of mine gave me as retail at the dealership here. but was going to get them for me for his cost of 9.23 each... Robert

Get notified of new replies

To Bad deal here with tsp in texas

Quick Reply: Bad deal here with tsp in texas