Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Please stay away from Corvette Mods

Old 02-02-2019, 10:23 AM
desibaba
CF Senior Member

Liked 144 Times in 91 Posts
Default Please stay away from Corvette Mods

I ordered an a stage 2 to stage 3 conversion for the spoiler of my 18 z06. They charged me the $400 and it all looked okay at first. Took it to my local reputable shop and turns out they have sent me an item that wont even fit on the car. Tried calling, emailing but no response. Finally disputed with my credit card company and they are looking into it. They finally sent me an email to return the faulty parts AT MY EXPENSE and they will refund the money. I have been buying online for well over a decade and I can say easily this is the worst company to ever deal with. Even if they are the only ones in the world with a product you want please stay away from them.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:04 AM
mbaessler
CF Senior Member

Liked 26 Times in 25 Posts

Since you had a bad experience, shouldn't you tell us who the vendor was. That is sure BS when they charge you to ship the part that does not fit back to them.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 02-02-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:06 AM
ImpliedConsent
CF Senior Member

Liked 226 Times in 140 Posts

It seems every other day, Corvette Mods is getting slammed. Don't know how Neal Balog (owner) stays functional if Corvette Forum bans his business.
Originally Posted by mbaessler View Post
Since you had a bad experience, shouldn't you tell us who the vendor was. That is sure BS when they charge you to ship the part that does not fit back to them.
Corvette Mods is no longer a Corvette Forum vendor.

Last edited by ImpliedConsent; 02-02-2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: combine posts
Old 02-02-2019, 11:13 AM
mbaessler
CF Senior Member

Liked 26 Times in 25 Posts

OK, I look like a dummy now. I though you were referring to mod parts in general because of the no-caps. Not that the company was named "Corvette Mods". New to the Vette world. Please give me a mulligan.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:15 AM
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Liked 873 Times in 598 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

FWIW, I've had no issues with them, albeit I've only bought "small stuff" from them
Old 02-02-2019, 11:32 AM
Vet Interested
CF Senior Member

Liked 552 Times in 420 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
FWIW, I've had no issues with them, albeit I've only bought "small stuff" from them
It seems the sh*# hits the fan when you try to return something. But then again, some people never get the chance to return the item(s) because they never receive them. They also hide behind another DBA which catches many unsuspecting buyers off guard.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Red Devil Z51
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 156 Times in 108 Posts

learned a couple of years ago to stay away from them
Old 02-02-2019, 02:04 PM
SingleTrackMinded
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 170 Times in 134 Posts

I too recently purchased parts from them and have an issue. I am currently in communication with them, so I'll let that play out. I'll come back to this thread with more details and resolution once this is finalized.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:16 PM
LuisZ51
CF Senior Member

Liked 106 Times in 56 Posts

Add me to the list of people that didn't research them before buying. Fitment on parts I just received from them last week is garbage. They replied to one email and asked me to send them pictures. I did and never heard anything back from them after. Opening a PayPal case Monday. Live and learn!
Old 02-02-2019, 03:45 PM
Avanti
CF Senior Member

Liked 624 Times in 448 Posts

This thread is MORE of the same. I had to check the posting date to be sure it wasn't one from a week ago.

Doesn't anyone do any pre-purchase research?
Old 02-02-2019, 04:00 PM
aj98
CF Senior Member

Liked 158 Times in 130 Posts

My 02:
I’ve made several purchases from them over the course of my C5 & 7 ownership
Good on some stuff, not so much on others.
Stuff shipped directly by CM that didnt need to be returned, great.
On a drop ship kit I bought several years ago,they even gave me an additional discount to make the sale.
Still great,

Unfortunately, parts within that kit were faulty, and return/replacement of faulty parts in that kit was a problem b/c the item ordered was drop shipped from a different well know vendor on this site. And the replacement parts were faulty,

Ultimately, let’s just say there was lot of finger pointing as to who the items should be been returned to, corvette mods as the seller, or the supplying vendor.
Took so long to resolve, 3 replacement cycles, they both ended up saying Sorry, you are out of the return period.
Nevermind about 8 or more days were lost because it happened to be over xmas and New Years, so neither company was fully staffed, or the people I was dealing with were all on vacation.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:01 PM
bbrown450
CF Senior Member

Liked 127 Times in 96 Posts

On another note , I am thinking they probably are not a advertiser on here... or this place has gotten far less strict on putting the bad mouth on. Vendor... I have ordered a few times from them nd NOT had a bad experience ... however..where there is smoke there is fire imo...
Old 02-03-2019, 08:21 AM
vettebuyer6369

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Liked 1,606 Times in 1,025 Posts

Corvette Mods was removed as a vendor years ago. There’s many threads in this section to review.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please stay away from Corvette Mods

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: