Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Chuck cow, Corvettes of Westchester review

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 02:27 AM
Kennywright87
4th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Chuck cow, Corvettes of Westchester review

I’m sure there are plenty of threads on this matter. I’m new to the forum, but would like to give my review on chuck cow, corvettes of Westchester, and the cow booster......... I recently purchased an 05 base, auto car for a very good price, couldn’t pass it up. But quickly became extremely underwhelmed with the cars performance/ responsiveness/ shift manners. So I started searching for the best mods to begin with to improve performance. I read a post on here I believe, where a member wrote a list of mods and he mentioned the CoW booster and how it was one of the very best mods he’d done, in a long list. So I contacted chuck to inquire. After an hr on the phone with him, I asked him to tune my ecm/tcm, and do CoW booster mod, then immediately shipped my units to him in New York, from Arizona. He was very responsive in replying to my emails for the week or less he had my ecm/tcm. While car was down I installed a nice alum radiator and ported t body. He sent my units back with trans tune and a base ecm tune( I’ve yet to fine tune through autocal with chuck). Once installed I drove the car and was honest SOOOOOO happy with results and improvements. Throttle response was so greatly improved I can’t even believe it(and we can still further improve touchiness of the pedal). The trans tune is absolutely phenomenal. It felt like **** before and to be 100% honest i was literally ready to sell the car. Between the fly by wire lag, and the terrible transmission behavior in stock tune, I just genuinely did not enjoy driving the car. It was immediately clear that shift points, firmness, downshift responsiveness were GREATLY improved. It feels phenomenal now. The CoW booster is so fun and I just feel so much more in control of the cars behavior. And the ecm tune , even though it’s just the base tune, not yet refined by chuck, has massively improved power. It starts up with more ferocity, has a different, more aggressive sound/feel at idle, and the power increase is potent from idle to redline. It feels fkn awesome. Chuck warned me to make sure to ease into power. And I was thinking “ yeah, sure dude” lol. But about 10 min into initial drive I was rolling about 45mph and hammered it, downshifted, broke loose and got sideways AF haha. Luckily it was 11pm on an empty 4 lane back road. After that I knew what to expect and prepared for it for some 0-120, 45-100+mph pulls and was having a blast. I rarely drive like that but had to know what differences were had from chucks work! It’s been about a week since then and I’m still thrilled with the feel every time I drive it. Good news is I AM NOT SELLING car anytime soon, and greatly look forward to fine tuning the car through autocal device with chucks help, as well as doing more mods ( namely gears, long tubes/catless x), which chuck will then retune car to maximize results!! So my experience was extremely positive to say the least! To clarify, im just a normal dude, just wanting to give praise where it’s do. The CoW booster, along with ecm/tcm tune is absolutely the most drastic single mod I’ve ever felt in any of my cars over the years. I’ve had lots of gm classics( 70 chevelle, 67 Camaro, 69 c10), a built 3rd gen Camaro, a few built foxbodies, and this single modification has absolutely been the best money spent!!! So thank you chuck!!

kenny wright, Arizona, base ls2 c6 auto.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:45 PM
Prewoz
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I just did the COW booster as well. The difference is pretty impressive. I’m ready to send back my ECU to get the AutoCal and start that process, but haven’t been able to get a hold of Chuck. He’s usually pretty responsive, but I’ve sent several emails and left several voicemails since last week. Does anyone know if everything is ok with Chuck? Did he go on vacation?
Old 02-05-2019, 01:22 PM
Kennywright87
4th Gear

Actually, same here. I haven’t heard back from him this week. I hope everything is fine with him as well! I will reach out again!
Old 02-05-2019, 02:27 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

ive been trying to tell you guys this, Chuck is a real good guy and knowledgeable overall who will spend way more time than hes getting paid.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:22 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default I was out on Monday with some doctor's visits...

Originally Posted by Prewoz
I just did the COW booster as well. The difference is pretty impressive. I’m ready to send back my ECU to get the AutoCal and start that process, but haven’t been able to get a hold of Chuck. He’s usually pretty responsive, but I’ve sent several emails and left several voicemails since last week. Does anyone know if everything is ok with Chuck? Did he go on vacation?

Sorry guys.... I was out on Monday with some doctor's visits.

I'm back in the shop and ready to roll!

Thank you all.
Chuck CoW

Old 02-05-2019, 05:12 PM
Kennywright87
4th Gear

Originally Posted by erikszr1
ive been trying to tell you guys this, Chuck is a real good guy and knowledgeable overall who will spend way more time than hes getting paid.
Absolutely agreed! To tune and retune over and over until it’s perfect, is a pretty stand up thing to do! I have nothing but positive things to say about chuck and am looking forward to doing more to the car!
Old 02-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Prewoz
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Sorry guys.... I was out on Monday with some doctor's visits.

I'm back in the shop and ready to roll!

Thank you all.
Chuck CoW
Glad you are ok!
Old 02-05-2019, 10:30 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default A bit sore....

Originally Posted by Prewoz

Glad you are ok!
A bit sore.... But good!

Chuck CoW
Old 02-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Riveroger
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Kennywright87
I’m sure there are plenty of threads on this matter. I’m new to the forum, but would like to give my review on chuck cow, corvettes of Westchester, and the cow booster......... I recently purchased an 05 base, auto car for a very good price, couldn’t pass it up. But quickly became extremely underwhelmed with the cars performance/ responsiveness/ shift manners. So I started searching for the best mods to begin with to improve performance. I read a post on here I believe, where a member wrote a list of mods and he mentioned the CoW booster and how it was one of the very best mods he’d done, in a long list. So I contacted chuck to inquire. After an hr on the phone with him, I asked him to tune my ecm/tcm, and do CoW booster mod, then immediately shipped my units to him in New York, from Arizona. He was very responsive in replying to my emails for the week or less he had my ecm/tcm. While car was down I installed a nice alum radiator and ported t body. He sent my units back with trans tune and a base ecm tune( I’ve yet to fine tune through autocal with chuck). Once installed I drove the car and was honest SOOOOOO happy with results and improvements. Throttle response was so greatly improved I can’t even believe it(and we can still further improve touchiness of the pedal). The trans tune is absolutely phenomenal. It felt like **** before and to be 100% honest i was literally ready to sell the car. Between the fly by wire lag, and the terrible transmission behavior in stock tune, I just genuinely did not enjoy driving the car. It was immediately clear that shift points, firmness, downshift responsiveness were GREATLY improved. It feels phenomenal now. The CoW booster is so fun and I just feel so much more in control of the cars behavior. And the ecm tune , even though it’s just the base tune, not yet refined by chuck, has massively improved power. It starts up with more ferocity, has a different, more aggressive sound/feel at idle, and the power increase is potent from idle to redline. It feels fkn awesome. Chuck warned me to make sure to ease into power. And I was thinking “ yeah, sure dude” lol. But about 10 min into initial drive I was rolling about 45mph and hammered it, downshifted, broke loose and got sideways AF haha. Luckily it was 11pm on an empty 4 lane back road. After that I knew what to expect and prepared for it for some 0-120, 45-100+mph pulls and was having a blast. I rarely drive like that but had to know what differences were had from chucks work! It’s been about a week since then and I’m still thrilled with the feel every time I drive it. Good news is I AM NOT SELLING car anytime soon, and greatly look forward to fine tuning the car through autocal device with chucks help, as well as doing more mods ( namely gears, long tubes/catless x), which chuck will then retune car to maximize results!! So my experience was extremely positive to say the least! To clarify, im just a normal dude, just wanting to give praise where it’s do. The CoW booster, along with ecm/tcm tune is absolutely the most drastic single mod I’ve ever felt in any of my cars over the years. I’ve had lots of gm classics( 70 chevelle, 67 Camaro, 69 c10), a built 3rd gen Camaro, a few built foxbodies, and this single modification has absolutely been the best money spent!!! So thank you chuck!!

kenny wright, Arizona, base ls2 c6 auto.
I too have an 05 A4 and the previous owner had a tune done including the trans so I do not really know what stock feels like but, be careful with with the 45 mph and punch it I have gotten sideways a few times when it downshifts to second.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Pmillspa
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys, new to forum and LS 2 corvettes, I have an 07 6speed, I will not add headers down the road, just cat back. For now what can I expect from a chuck tune with a bone stock LS 2? Thanks.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:59 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Call me any time and I'll tell you all about it.....

Originally Posted by Pmillspa
Hi Guys, new to forum and LS 2 corvettes, I have an 07 6speed, I will not add headers down the road, just cat back. For now what can I expect from a chuck tune with a bone stock LS 2? Thanks.

Call me any time and I'll tell you all about it..... 914-332-0049

Any time is good.

Chuck CoW
Old 02-15-2019, 11:11 PM
Kennywright87
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Pmillspa
all I have is a vararam intake and mufflers. Car is a savage compared to stock after chuck put cow booster and ecm/tcm tune.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:40 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Yep, Chuck’s a good guy, certified Corvette nut, and his Booster mod is Bad.***. He knows a thing or two about tuning too, especially the A6 cars. Just don’t call him at 10pm at night, like I had to once, when I fukked up my Autocal, because he might just keep you on the phone past midnight, until he knows he has you sorted. Lots of folks on here like to give him a hard time because of his bold ads, etc., but I can only tell you what I’ve experienced myself with the guy. Sometimes he can be hard to get hold of, but that’s simply what happens when you’re only one guy and you spend a lot of time giving personal attention to your customers. Straight.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:05 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Thank you very much my friend!

Originally Posted by CI GS
Yep, Chuck’s a good guy, certified Corvette nut, and his Booster mod is Bad.***. He knows a thing or two about tuning too, especially the A6 cars. Just don’t call him at 10pm at night, like I had to once, when I fukked up my Autocal, because he might just keep you on the phone past midnight, until he knows he has you sorted. Lots of folks on here like to give him a hard time because of his bold ads, etc., but I can only tell you what I’ve experienced myself with the guy. Sometimes he can be hard to get hold of, but that’s simply what happens when you’re only one guy and you spend a lot of time giving personal attention to your customers. Straight.
Thank you very much my friend!

As I recall..... I remember someone had a Tahoe that needed a CoW BOOSTER!....

And I also remember that same guy wanted to have Live-In Tuner for a few days.....

I HATE cold weather! Call me when you have time...

Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To Chuck cow, Corvettes of Westchester review

Quick Reply: Chuck cow, Corvettes of Westchester review