Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Zip Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 09:37 AM
fdunford
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Zip Corvette

I purchased a few parts from Zip for my C3, among which both the clock and wiper motor were defective.

The shop putting on the parts changed me an extra $100 for the extra time they spent replacing the parts twice.

I just got off the phone with Zip and they will not do anything to address the trouble caused becasue of their defective parts.

I will NEVER spend another penny at Zip.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:12 AM
bc6152
Drifting

Received 450 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by fdunford
I purchased a few parts from Zip for my C3, among which both the clock and wiper motor were defective.

The shop putting on the parts changed me an extra $100 for the extra time they spent replacing the parts twice.

I just got off the phone with Zip and they will not do anything to address the trouble caused becasue of their defective parts.

There are usually two sides to every story (and complaint). I was just about to place an order with Zip but will now wait to see how this plays out...
Old 02-25-2019, 09:25 AM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by fdunford

There are always more sides then what usually is told at first. So let's start here. For one I have not seen the parts yet, I was also out most of last week and I would be the one to test them when they come back. We do not normally pay labor on items that come back defective because there are so many variables where items can be damaged during installation. For example, I would have to say that 98% of the wiper motors have always been good, but if you hook power or ground up incorrectly or you test them incorrectly you can damage the motor. We have no way of knowing what happened to the part when it leaves here so we can't be responsible for what happens to it. Every company operates like this, we were one of the last to start enforcing this and it is also written on our catalog and website under policies. Now if there is evidence that the item is bad and it was bad when shipped then we will work out the labor between us and the manufacture of the part. As you can imagine, I have gotten ridiculous demands for labor on replacing items that were questionable to start with so all of these are done on a case by case scenario. For example, most of the clocks do not work, but it is not because the clock doesn't work, usually the power wire feeding the clock is dead, blown fuse. So a customer will have a clock that does not work, he or she buys a new one, Shop installs and it doesn't work, so it comes back out, we get a call to ship another and then that when that one does not work they check the power wire. So this is why we are very cautious on shipping out defective items and paying any warranties. Most manufacturers will not pay labor as well now because of the same issue. Have you bought anything from Napa, Advance Auto, Autozone, GM or any of them where there was an issue and they reimbursed the labor on warranty?
Old 02-25-2019, 09:59 AM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 258 Likes on 210 Posts

I've spent 1000's at ZIP over the years, never had a problem. Customer Service is always first rate.

Get notified of new replies

To Zip Corvette