Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

scammer alert! Vincent DiBartolomeo

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 07:54 PM
Spitefire1
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scammer alert! Vincent DiBartolomeo

i recently had a transaction with a member from here.. unfortunately i didnt get user name . i put up a wtb diff add!with my cell number for contact for faster response. he message me with pictures of the diff he wanted and with a price! he claimed he didnt have paypal but he can get a buddies address i sent him the 450 he asked for diff then he refunded it! saying on his end of paypal wouldnt clear cause his account would hold money for 21 days . so we made a deal over text, that ill send him money "half " now gift paypal and when i receive diff send him other half. i thought i that seemed fair. guy seemed legit over phone. claimed he was military guy with kids etc etc. then he says he was gonna ship by noon the net day! didnt hear anything from him texted him for few days and no answer! Vincent DiBartolomeo is the name on the paypal account 17704672130 is the cell number he texted me from! what do you guys think i should do i have all texts and messages from this guy
Old 02-25-2019, 08:59 PM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Received 597 Likes on 407 Posts
Default Scammers

You are up the creek without a paddle...because you PayPal as a gift ...on a big dollar item...everyone on this forum should know better...I would imagine the phone number isn't legit either...but as long as you have a number...I would call the cops from that area code...nothing else
Old 02-25-2019, 09:46 PM
Richie333
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happened to me, can’t even remember his number. But I wanted to buy 8 rib pulleys and I left my number like you did. Got a text and the guy knew what he was talking about so thought he was legit. Did the same exact thing with PayPal I sent him $400 and he refunded because he said the “goods and service” option would be on hold for 21 days and he wasn’t going to wait so he wanted me to send it with friends and family. Then he told me to send half and the other half when I got the pulleys. Well I did that but still sent it as goods and services to protect my self. He stopped responding with shipping info so I simply contacted PayPal and got my money back. Can’t stand people like that they make everybody not want to buy anymore from other people. But there’s tons of legit and good selling people out there, just always protect yourself
Old 02-26-2019, 12:09 PM
camarokidz28
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

1. Don't put a WTB add with your phone number. Scammers know this is an easy target. They don't have to have an account that you can check to see if they've been a reputable member, and they don't have to have any kind of paper trail for the transaction.
2. NEVER use paypal without sending the extra 3% fee for services/goods. Unless you're okay with having no recourse.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:14 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Paypal sent as a gift is a non starter for me on any transaction. If they want it gifted because they do not want to pay the 3%, then I tell them that I will pay the extra 3% for my paypal protection.

As far as I'm concerned on small ticket items ($100 or less) the seller should be OK with paying the fee of 3%. I know that $3.00 is not going to make or breal my bank account. If so I would ask for $110.00 for the item instead of $100.00.
I can see on a big ticket $$ item, that the seller may not want the 3% hit.

Maybe I'm way off base by some, but that's my opinion.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:40 PM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

770 is Atlanta,Georgia
Old 02-26-2019, 05:12 PM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Received 597 Likes on 407 Posts

I would think that on a big ticket item...folks here better cover their ***....because when it happens...man ...it sucks...and you become a advocate for others here on this forum...I would suggest reading the forum suggestions about making transactions here...there are plenty of folks on this forum and take big time risk doing business by gifting...I would suggest again ...contacting the police...I also suggest contacting PayPal security...this kind of stuff will never stop...and I think it goes in cycles...Christmas and tax refund time are the worst...camarokidz28 is right on the money...like he has said...regardless...never gift someone using paypal...never send someone a personal or wired check (sorry Walgreens or Walmart)...and never just take someones word that they are a veteran or in law enforcement or retired law enforcement (sorry)...why...the scammer just found a way to reel you right in....bud...it's all about the art of deception...they know how it is done.......I am waiting for a call from the fraud detective in Baltimore to go and testify as soon as they apprehend the guy and his wife that scammed me...and brother...I WILL BE ON THE PLANE BIGTIME TO TESTIFY WHEN THEY GET THE LOW LIFES THAT DID IT TO ME!!!!!

Last edited by Smokeyjr; 02-26-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:42 PM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

Paypal friends and family is for friends and family and is really just for gifts. Use it and you have NO recourse. If anyone trying to sell you something insists on it walk away.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:43 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SUMERZ
Paypal sent as a gift is a non starter for me on any transaction. If they want it gifted because they do not want to pay the 3%, then I tell them that I will pay the extra 3% for my paypal protection.

As far as I'm concerned on small ticket items ($100 or less) the seller should be OK with paying the fee of 3%. I know that $3.00 is not going to make or breal my bank account. If so I would ask for $110.00 for the item instead of $100.00.
I can see on a big ticket $$ item, that the seller may not want the 3% hit.

Maybe I'm way off base by some, but that's my opinion.

Always. If a seller insists on F & F, I’m out, regardless of $ amount.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:52 PM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

For Items under $100 I might consider FF with a WELL established forum member. I don't post my number in a public thread.

Get notified of new replies

To scammer alert! Vincent DiBartolomeo