Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Paragon has my blood pressure going through the roof

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 07:09 PM
6D2148
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 169 Posts

Default Paragon has my blood pressure going through the roof

I have spent $$THOUSANDS$$ with the people. I called in an order today that would have been another couple $thousand$. At the end other the order I tell the guy that I need a couple of those little "T" bolts that hold the SS for the side fenders and door cove, because when I went to put them on I was short two of them. He says how many do you want, I said I was short two I think, so send me three to be sure. He says ok three t bolts @ .84 each. I say,no you shorted me why should I pay and remind him how much $money, Iv'e spent there, He says he knows how much I spent and it doesn't matter, it's past the 5 day inspection period, so I have to pay. He asks why I so upset over less than $3. worth of parts. I say get me a manager, but there are no managers there. I said forget the order I just placed and he says ok.
Chip
Old 03-11-2019, 07:23 PM
dcamick
Tether Man
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,014 Likes on 1,039 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Originally Posted by 6D2148
I have spent $$THOUSANDS$$ with the people. I called in an order today that would have been another couple $thousand$. At the end other the order I tell the guy that I need a couple of those little "T" bolts that hold the SS for the side fenders and door cove, because when I went to put them on I was short two of them. He says how many do you want, I said I was short two I think, so send me three to be sure. He says ok three t bolts @ .84 each. I say,no you shorted me why should I pay and remind him how much $money, Iv'e spent there, He says he knows how much I spent and it doesn't matter, it's past the 5 day inspection period, so I have to pay. He asks why I so upset over less than $3. worth of parts. I say get me a manager, but there are no managers there. I said forget the order I just placed and he says ok.
Chip
The NEW "Value Added" Mentality................Very sad! I'm was trying to get any discount that I could from Paragon and others........Joined NCRS to get a 10% discount from them (Paragon). Called them to remind them that I had joined NCRS and They said I was good to go.....Next order.....No discount!!!! Great Customer Service....Great Value Added.......Not at all!!!! I am not surprised at all that that happened to you!!
Old 03-11-2019, 08:00 PM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Perfect "Opposite" example of my business approach of..."Never step over a dollar to pick up a nickel!!!"....three 84 Cent t-bolts vs a $2,000.00 sale & the lose of future sales.....Business Suicide!!!....Mark
Old 03-11-2019, 08:22 PM
roadster65
Burning Brakes

Received 1,230 Likes on 516 Posts

Bad Business …. then "he" doesn't own the business. - this is symptom of the age of "entitlement" in which we live - poor attitude

Unfortunately with a generational change, being customer centric no longer applies, so instead of a business satisfying consumer "wants" and "needs" ; management philosophy deigns, "this is the way we do business, and we don't deal with customers that don't fit our business model" - we only deal with what we can measure, consumer sentiment can't be measured, so we don't deal with it. - which is a load of Bollocks and the reason why the perception of value add is an illusion.

The "customer" is always right … BS … the customer is NOT always right, - however the customer always pays the Bills; without a customer you have no business. So flowing on, look after the customer, and the "customer" will look after the business, - look after the business, and the business will keep you in a job, so you can pay your own Bills.

PS: I would write a very polite letter to the business owner explain the circumstances of the transaction and the response you received (verbatim) and let them know the reason why you cancelled the transaction and would be reluctant to patronise their business again or advocate others to do so as well - this way it's on record against the employee, the owner is made aware of the lost business and further business opportunity, by way of repeat orders and referral (advocacy) of other cash paying clients. - a letter also makes the "owner" aware of what's happening in their business and gives them an opportunity to redeem the situation

Chip

Last edited by roadster65; 03-11-2019 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:31 PM
lawdawg
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

Well I have worse news.

Paragon on is the best of the bunch in my opinion. I've been doing this since "paper" by mail order forms. That's my preferred vendor, and I'm sticking with them.

Just saying.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:45 PM
CorvetteMikeB
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 311 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist

Originally Posted by lawdawg
Well I have worse news.

Paragon on is the best of the bunch in my opinion. I've been doing this since "paper" by mail order forms. That's my preferred vendor, and I'm sticking with them.

Just saying.
Zip's Corvette really SUCK! You have to 1st spend $2,000 on one order to get 10% off for a year. Then it expires and you have to spend another $2,000 to get another year of 10% off. You can also spend $850 on one order for 10% off, just for that order.

Paragon Corvette you only need to spend $500 and get 10% to 15% off each order and this never expires. Just need to spend $5 or more every four months to keep the 10-15% off each order.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:46 PM
vetintheblood
Burning Brakes

Location: Beavercreek Ohio Currently own: 1958 Silver Blue Corvette
Received 751 Likes on 252 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

This sounds like a case of strict policies in place combined with employees who are denied the authority to use common sense. It doesn’t play well...
Old 03-11-2019, 08:57 PM
6D2148
Drifting

Well I have worse news.

Just saying.
BAAAAAAAAAH! I'll counting you and your brothers later tonight while I'm trying to get too sleep.
Chip
Old 03-11-2019, 08:57 PM
Jriver
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I ordered several parts for my 65 the day I got it. Several weeks later I ordered many more parts for several hundred dollars and asked for the free shipping. I was told since it wasn’t my first order I would have to pay. I told them I paid for shipping with my first order and they told me sorry I didn’t ask for free shipping the first time. I canceled my order and ordered from Long Island Corvette.
I’d rather pay more and deal with a company that is above board.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:08 PM
6D2148
Drifting

Originally Posted by vetintheblood
This sounds like a case of strict policies in place combined with employees who are denied the authority to use common sense. It doesn’t play well...
So what, I don't care!
Old 03-11-2019, 09:16 PM
dcamick
Tether Man
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vetintheblood
Old 03-11-2019, 09:17 PM
kobi67
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Seems to be a trend. I'm having an issue with some bolts from Corvette America that were not as pictured. I can't even get them to respond to my concern. To me it seems some of these business owners do not empower their employees to make decisions like giving away a few $$ as Goodwill to keep you coming back. If I get poor service/poor reproduction parts, I move on. When I restored my car about 10 years ago I went thru L.I .Corvette for most of my parts. I found they had the most "correct" parts.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:30 PM
dcamick
Tether Man
Support Corvetteforum!

Chip
It's very frustrating........I'm sure the person that said "OK" didn't give a rip about your problem......****, I would have sent you the T bolts N/C! Loosing a Customer over a dollar that was their problem to begin with......."Whatever" By the way....That's what my kids would have said ONCE to me......prior to Corporal Punishment being initiated......!!!!!LOL!!!
Old 03-11-2019, 09:42 PM
Hermn59
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 667 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by dcamick
The NEW "Value Added" Mentality................Very sad! I'm was trying to get any discount that I could from Paragon and others........Joined NCRS to get a 10% discount from them (Paragon). Called them to remind them that I had joined NCRS and They said I was good to go.....Next order.....No discount!!!! Great Customer Service....Great Value Added.......Not at all!!!! I am not surprised at all that that happened to you!!
I am not defending the vendor, but regarding the discount, I called multiple times asking them to add my NCRS number for the discount. I finally had one of the reps tell me that they re-enter the order once placed online and it will be reflected. To be sure, I added my NCRS number in the comments, and it was reflected on that order. The discount is now reflected on the website as it should.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:00 PM
C2 Hot Cam Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Hey vet people I have used Volunteer vette products for years & always had good service. No problem ever w loyalty discount.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:09 PM
roberts427
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 150 Likes on 83 Posts

Getting ready to order a bunch of c1 stuff, not sure who go with ? any suggestion from the C1 guys would be nice if that's allowed. Always worked with L.I. Corvette in the past, they are top notch in my eyes, (even Kim). Too bad they don't do C1 stuff
Old 03-11-2019, 10:09 PM
C.T.
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 132 Posts

I had a similar issue with one of the biggest parts suppliers. I had spent $10-15k with them not long before, yet they insisted on the irrational enforcement of a 'return' policy on a clearly defective, safety related part. My next $10-15k was spent with other vendors, sometimes at greater expense, but it felt just fine.

Get notified of new replies

To Paragon has my blood pressure going through the roof

Old 03-11-2019, 11:38 PM
roadster65
Burning Brakes

Received 1,230 Likes on 516 Posts

Get ready to … place another order …

Well I have worse news.

Just saying.

Last edited by roadster65; 03-12-2019 at 12:01 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:24 AM
Bill Pilon
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 136 Posts

I have had my Vette for 39 years and drive it almost daily, Paragon is my absolute last choice as a vendor I have have found most of their sales people to be less than friendly and I get the feeling I am wasting their time with a question and they are doing me a favor by being there to take my money.

Wilcox is my first choice Ernie and staff have always had time to answer a question, I have also dealt with Corvette Central, Zip and Romeo Eng. with good results.

Bill
Old 03-12-2019, 05:27 PM
6D2148
Drifting

Paragon called me back today and made the situation right.
Chip

Quick Reply: Paragon has my blood pressure going through the roof