Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Chuck Cow haters

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 08:56 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Lots of haters on the web who never had the product diss it.

we arent a cult but rather just logical ...

try any mod and then review it...

reviewing or bashing a 200 dollar modification you havent tried is kind of lacking in rational thought...

if any of you disagree...its not a surprise.
I bet you wave to other corvette drivers don’t you.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:28 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,212 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by Podium
I bet you wave to other corvette drivers don’t you.

I bet you throw **** all over the road and bitch when others do it too...

snowflakes.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:39 PM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Lots of haters on the web who never had the product diss it.

we arent a cult but rather just logical ...

try any mod and then review it...

reviewing or bashing a 200 dollar modification you havent tried is kind of lacking in rational thought...

if any of you disagree...its not a surprise.
But that’s he funny part is it isn’t 200. Everyone I have talked to says it equals more around 800 for everything then booster all the stuff that’s needed to be complete. Any local tune her in Houston that gets a before and after Dyno a ride along with laptop to adjust what’s needed is 300-500 and then retune for 60-100. The math doesn’t equal out to get a mail order tune from across the nation to a local guy I can take my car to and let him see any issue I am having. Just how I feel on the situation
Old 05-13-2019, 10:08 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Originally Posted by Kenny Hammond
But that’s he funny part is it isn’t 200. Everyone I have talked to says it equals more around 800 for everything then booster all the stuff that’s needed to be complete. Any local tune her in Houston that gets a before and after Dyno a ride along with laptop to adjust what’s needed is 300-500 and then retune for 60-100. The math doesn’t equal out to get a mail order tune from across the nation to a local guy I can take my car to and let him see any issue I am having. Just how I feel on the situation

You don't have to get all the other stuff if you just want the booster......but **** get your car all dyno tuned up already lol...but don't bitch when you have to take it back to get it returned to the stock tune.. and it takes a couple weeks to get you in there or it spark knocks every time you wot in 90 degree weather..

I wonder do you make your wife wade out into the surf first?? geez do one or the other already.

ps the before and after printout does nothing....you don't drive the car on a dyno....Its a static reading ....real world driving is a better venue for tune for street driving isn't it?. I picked up like 20 rhp on a real dyno on a GTO once and it clinked and clanged all the time after that at wot in warm weather lol...but by god that printout was DOPE.

good luck
Old 05-13-2019, 10:35 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
You don't have to get all the other stuff if you just want the booster......but **** get your car all dyno tuned up already lol...but don't bitch when you have to take it back to get it returned to the stock tune.. and it takes a couple weeks to get you in there or it spark knocks every time you wot in 90 degree weather..

I wonder do you make your wife wade out into the surf first?? geez do one or the other already.

ps the before and after printout does nothing....you don't drive the car on a dyno....Its a static reading ....real world driving is a better venue for tune for street driving isn't it?. I picked up like 20 rhp on a real dyno on a GTO once and it clinked and clanged all the time after that at wot in warm weather lol...but by god that printout was DOPE.

good luck
What ever you need to tell yourself to feel better about a chuck tune. A dyno tune is way better than a street tune.l if the tuner is using the dyno as it should be used anyway.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:32 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

What ever you need to tell yourself to feel better about a chuck tune. A dyno tune is way better than a street tune.l if the tuner is using the dyno as it should be used anyway.

Hell yes...its settled then...
Old 05-14-2019, 01:10 PM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

good luck
Nope last I checked you waded out while I waited back at the truck with your wife! Do what makes you happy and if one tune was he fix all and best then there wouldn’t be so many in business. I simply stated it wasn’t for me. Not that it’s bad or not a good thing just not what I would like ! Please stay with the chuck cult and preach on bud. Btw I will make sure your wife is safe while you wade out
Old 05-14-2019, 11:54 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Nope last I checked you waded out while I waited back at the truck with your wife! Do what makes you happy and if one tune was he fix all and best then there wouldn’t be so many in business. I simply stated it wasn’t for me. Not that it’s bad or not a good thing just not what I would like ! Please stay with the chuck cult and preach on bud. Btw I will make sure your wife is safe while you wade out

So I'm holding you to that because she can't swim... To be clear I've never had a cow tune..I did get the cow booster on a c6 and I have had a dyno tune on another car...ls1. I can say without a doubt that the booster was a far far better value...They dyno tune did nothing for my car as far as street driving except rattle more in heat..I did get that pretty printout that said I got 25 rwhp...The booster you feel the difference every single time you touch the go pedal for about half price of a tune..So frame your printout and look at it every day so you can get "some" enjoyment out of that tune.

enjoy your vette life is short....You wife says come on in, the water is fine.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:04 AM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

So I'm holding you to that because she can't swim... To be clear I've never had a cow tune..I did get the cow booster on a c6 and I have had a dyno tune on another car...ls1. I can say without a doubt that the booster was a far far better value...They dyno tune did nothing for my car as far as street driving except rattle more in heat..I did get that pretty printout that said I got 25 rwhp...The booster you feel the difference every single time you touch the go pedal for about half price of a tune..So frame your printout and look at it every day so you can get "some" enjoyment out of that tune.

enjoy your vette life is short....You wife says come on in, the water is fine.
What does a booster cost
Old 05-15-2019, 09:56 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default The CoW BOOSTER! is $200.

What does a booster cost

The CoW BOOSTER! is $200. my friend!

Chuck CoW
Old 05-15-2019, 11:32 AM
Timothy H
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
The CoW BOOSTER! is $200. my friend!

Chuck CoW
Well worth.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:38 PM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

This thread is hilarious. 10/10 would watch a bunch of 55 year old dudes talking about how great their 400whp c6s are again.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:14 PM
eckseleven
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's a question. This thread is kind of all over the place so I might as well ask it here instead of starting a new thread... How do I know if I have a booster installed? I'm the third owner of my car (and first time Vette owner) and have zero complains about the throttle response. People mention the stock throttle response being laggy but I've never felt that way.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:00 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Always the guys who dont have the cow booster bitching how it is no good...

guys who have the cow booster dig it.

Weird intenet people love bashing crap they dont have on their car...

now the theory is whoever has the cow booster , digs it and says its good...

supposedly we are a cult?

more weird people on the internet who dont have the cow booster trying to explain away consumers who have this mod speaking out saying the mod is cool..

Cool mod....its two bills,,,Makes the corvettes a lot of fun to drive.

i think I have put on 50k miles with this modification...maybe 80k miles...

im at 132k miles since I bought this 2008 z51 m6 new...

this cow booster is a cool modification to imorove driver enjoyment...

i think i heel toe better with this cow booster too...easier to blip the throttle for me anyway...

40 years of driving stick shift sports cas...

i like the cow booster mod and would whole heartedly recommend it even if some ******** on the interweb says its becaise he thinks Im part of a cult...

and fwiw i wave to other people on the road whatever they are driving when they give me the thumbs up or wave at me...

whats wrong with waving to other corvette owners...

are you too worried to being called part of cult...?

what did cults ever do to you? Kind a weird some of you guys are so worried about being considered part of a cult....at every turn...

somebody recommends a mod or waves to other corvette owners...”they must be part of a cult”?

Last edited by JerriVette; 05-15-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:10 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Search "throttle booster hp tuners"

Cause they like zaino more than going fast

Dont need to own something to know its ****

Gotta feel good about spending 200 bucks somehow

**** yeah you are

more weird people on the internet who dont have the cow booster trying to explain away consumers who have this mod speaking out saying the mod is cool..

If the booster is so good and really does make the car faster, why dont other shops use it?

You girls have fun. Im about to install a tornado in my vortech
Old 05-15-2019, 05:13 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default The easy way to tell.....

Originally Posted by eckseleven
Here's a question. This thread is kind of all over the place so I might as well ask it here instead of starting a new thread... How do I know if I have a booster installed? I'm the third owner of my car (and first time Vette owner) and have zero complains about the throttle response. People mention the stock throttle response being laggy but I've never felt that way.

The easy way to tell..... is if your neck hurts and your tires are bald...

Call me and I'll try to be more help.

Chuck CoW
Old 05-15-2019, 05:19 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Thank you for your continued support!

i think I have put on 50k miles with this modification...maybe 80k miles...

im at 132k miles since I bought this 2008 z51 m6 new...

this cow booster is a cool modification to imorove driver enjoyment...

i think i heel toe better with this cow booster too...easier to blip the throttle for me anyway...

40 years of driving stick shift sports cas...

i like the cow booster mod and would whole heartedly recommend it even if some ******** on the interweb says its becaise he thinks Im part of a cult...

and fwiw i wave to other people on the road whatever they are driving when they give me the thumbs up or wave at me...

whats wrong with waving to other corvette owners...

are you too worried to being called part of cult...?

what did cults ever do to you? Kind a weird some of you guys are so worried about being considered part of a cult....at every turn...

somebody recommends a mod or waves to other corvette owners...”they must be part of a cult”?
Thank you for your continued support!

Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To Chuck Cow haters

Old 05-15-2019, 10:08 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

You girls have fun. Im about to install a tornado in my vortech

Where is it hitting on the z06? I have a c5 with a c6 drivetrain so I’m curious if it will do the same for me.

I understand where your at and prefer to respond that I wish you well.

thanks for sharing your insight on things you have never driven or owned.

sounds like you have your hands full and Im sure your c5 with a c6 drivetrain is challenging .

Last edited by JerriVette; 05-15-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:50 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Killing me...... Softly...... ;)

I understand where your at and prefer to respond that I wish you well.

thanks for sharing your insight on things you have never driven or owned.

sounds like you have your hands full and Im sure your c5 with a c6 drivetrain is challenging .
Killing me...... Softly......

Chuck CoW
Old 05-17-2019, 06:44 AM
Ocalavette
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Received my re calibrated EMC and transmission module yesterday from COW. Installed it as soon as I got home and the difference is nothing short of AMAZING! This is what a Corvette should feel like. As mentioned above, the throttle tip-in is similar to the Carb'd muscle cars of old. And, the transmission shifts are crisp and firm without being overbearing like those old school "shift kits". I will need to re-acquaint myself with the car; I came around a right hand corner yesterday and mashed the throttle as I usually do and this time it went sideways. Fun for me, not so fun for the Hyundai approaching in the other lane.
I had to send him my ECM but the turn around time and communication were excellent. Looking at the Emails that Chuck sent, many were late night and early (3:24am) morning. This guy works hard to provide a quality product in a timely manner at a good cost. He took the time to speak with me on the phone prior to order and he communicates during the process. Couldn't ask for more.
Thanks Chuck!
And in response to the post above: We aren't supposed to wave at other Corvette owners?
No one told me...