Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Kudos to Al Knoch and his team.... Great experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 09:36 PM
1Cerberus4u
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Kudos to Al Knoch and his team.... Great experience

So most know I bought a modified black 65 Vert that only came with a hard top.

Over the past couple of months I have been working on finding a way to get a soft top and frame on the car....

Couple calls to a company in the Mid west and pretty much poor response at best.... Concurrently called Al Knoch and spoke with Melanie about what I was looking for.

Great communication and clear on how the job would go down etc....

Get to Carlisle on 8am Wed morning and was able to pull right in and their team started right away. Said it would be a 6 hour job, so I went to walk the show..

Came back after 4 hours to find them finishing up.

The cooler part was that Al himself came over and we struck up a great conversation about everything cars, life, politics (Factoid will be proud of Al's positions), special tricks and of course his amazing love of antiques, to include all the Alu cast yard characters he sells and hauls up from El Paso.... Amazing fun stuff.

Al and his team (and his son was just great too - as was Melanie.. really everyone) were very professional, polite (must have offered me a bottled Mexico Coke about 6 times (only way to drink real Coke)..... True gentleman and just great customer service...

Not to mention the top looks amazing!

Kudos to Al and his company and I can't wait for him to come to northern New England to do some "Real" Antique buying for his antique company back home.....

So they have earned my business on forward and truly have my respect...

Old 04-26-2019, 10:36 AM
jspan123
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

How well does the top fit? Does the back of the top seat down on the deck to prevent water intrusion? How much effort
is it to put up? I had mine done (not by Knoch) and it has a gap in rear and takes considerable effort to latch down.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:04 PM
Factoid
Le Mans Master

Received 5,523 Likes on 2,784 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified

Well done, Andy, and you had a real adventure from beginning to end!

Did they install the frame and deck lid latches also? You should have grabbed one of those Bob’s Big Boy statues as a co-pilot! Al’s views are the complete opposite of his neighbor Beto (or Beato as we call him here in Texas). Glad to hear it all worked out in the end, but what a wild ride!
Old 04-27-2019, 07:52 AM
1Cerberus4u
Pro

Jspan, The too fits perfectly.. I mean, no gaps that I can see anywhere and it just looks ultra high end...Leading lip if flawless and rear seat to deck, there is no gap that I can see. I have not taken the top down as they say to let it sit for a week or two to get the stretch set right, not to mention, its been cold and raining here so there has been no need.

Globally, I now subscribe to the prior comments that sometimes if you want the best, go get it and I see what a great job this is compared to my other 65 that also has a new top, but I have no idea who did it....

Originally Posted by jspan123
How well does the top fit? Does the back of the top seat down on the deck to prevent water intrusion? How much effort
is it to put up? I had mine done (not by Knoch) and it has a gap in rear and takes considerable effort to latch down.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:57 AM
1Cerberus4u
Pro

Hey Mark! Yea, the statues were a surprise to me but hey, to each his own.... I was thinking you have 2 of the 10 foot tall Elk at the end of your driveway....

So, yea they installed everything from the frame up. They offered to cut in and install the rear hatches but i actually did that part of the job before I brought the car to them..

Al never mentioned his neighbor, but id be interested in hearing more about it!

A

Get notified of new replies

To Kudos to Al Knoch and his team.... Great experience

Quick Reply: Kudos to Al Knoch and his team.... Great experience