Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

BAD exeperince with WILCOX

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 03:41 PM
Al.
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky1357
wow..after seeing the post with volunteers ad gets even deeper now. i did talk to Adam at Volunteer and he was trying to help . Im not sure what i ended up with but in know it wasn't USA made as advertised or as i specified i wanted on initial order.Maybe nobody even notices what they get shipped to them .In my case my mechanic is from the old school and knows these parts and whats good and what isnt. Seems we are gonna just toss these parts and move forward with individual parts from local sources.Just sad to throw this amount away but...junk is junk
Vollenteer Vette is a parts store. They don’t make parts.
I am guessing Wilcox had then ship to you because they had it on house and Wilcox did not.

BUT I will say I see a decline in quality of parts both USA made and import.
I don’t think that’s on the vette part vendors but the manufacturers.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:42 PM
lucky1357
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 44 Posts

i already know parts came from Volunteer. Verified that by speaking with Adam. Whole reason for my post is so that others are aware of what could happen to them as well.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:45 PM
bmans vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 351 Likes on 304 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '15- '16-'17-'18-'19, '21

wow..after seeing the post with volunteers ad gets even deeper now. i did talk to Adam at Volunteer and he was trying to help . Im not sure what i ended up with but in know it wasn't USA made as advertised or as i specified i wanted on initial order.Maybe nobody even notices what they get shipped to them .In my case my mechanic is from the old school and knows these parts and whats good and what isnt. Seems we are gonna just toss these parts and move forward with individual parts from local sources.Just sad to throw this amount away but...junk is junk
Please post pics of "junk parts".
Also ....why would you and your old school mechanic install some parts and then say all are junk?
Something not quite right.
If you besmirch a longtime supporting vendor on here, you better be able to provide proof for all to see.
And not just hearsay.

Have you reached out to Ernie like I suggested?
Old 05-14-2019, 03:51 PM
resdoggie
Had a 1976 L-82, 4-sp

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.
Received 1,199 Likes on 925 Posts
Royal Canadian Navy

Let's be honest. Just because a part is made in the USA is by no means a guarantee the part is first rate. Junk sold everywhere but you'd expect better quality if made in the USA. The US auto industry produced a lot of junk and only smartened up when the Japanese/Europeans took away market share. Just sayin'.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:41 PM
bradleyb66
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 108 Posts

....after I was assured that this kit was 100 % U.S made.Turns out it's ALL imported junk .
Just curious - did Volunteer tell you that these parts are indeed imported, or did you reach that conclusion in another way? I'll be shopping for front suspension parts later this year, and wouldn't want to be misled on US made verse imported, if that's really the case here.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:07 PM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,063 Likes on 980 Posts

Lucky, first of all, I wish you good fortune in getting your issue resolved. You have also provided some commentary that serves as an example that can happen to any of us if we choose to 'use a few choice words'.

Years ago, as Sales Director for Citibank, I was in a very large branch in Chicago on a Friday evening. The branch was packed with several teller stations open and a large line. A customer was 'speaking loudly' and 'using 'a few choice words' - and the teller was taking care of business but not fast enough for this customer, and he loudly - and with a few more choice words - threatened to close his accounts. I walked up, interrupted the teller transaction (she was in tears), and told him "if you'll come with me I'll have someone close all of your accounts". "But I don't want.......". "You don't understand, you don't have a choice". The customers in the lobby applauded. This customer created his own result. Maybe you did to? I don't know, but I do know that Ernie and team support this forum and hobby, and have always been very accommodating to my requests and questions - including just this past Monday. Maybe Ernie is like I am - if someone chooses to use 'a few choice words' with me, I'm done with them. We all make mistakes - maybe you did here? Again, good luck.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:00 PM
stingr69
Le Mans Master

Received 1,039 Likes on 805 Posts

Ordered a full weatherstrip kit on May 5th, 2018 from Wilcox (first time ordering from them). I did not receive anything by the end of the month so I called and discussed it with them. They said they would check and call back, but never did. We talked again in June about it and they finally did determine that there was an issue with the drop ship from the third party vendor HOWEVER, they did not resolve the issue nor did they re-ship anything. I was so astonished with the response and lack of a resolution that I just forgot to ask them to make it right (do I really need to do that?). I did call back a week or two later and request them to re-ship my order but there is no way I would ever try ordering direct from them again. They do have an eBay account and I would consider trying that next time. eBay does not tolerate that type of nonsense so you would be covered if they just take your money and never deliver anything. No "choice words" were ever spoken by either side. Just the truth here.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:51 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,341 Likes on 1,093 Posts

After reading through all of this, I have to say that a LOT of pertinent information has conveniently been left out. For instance, since we ALL know that Wilcox, Volunteer, etc, are RETAILERS, that for the most part, do NOT manufacture the parts they sell. The parts they ship you most likely come in some sort of packaging. WHAT BRAND NAME is on the boxes that the parts came in? OP, SHOW US!!!

Secondly, even long-time, high quality suppliers, like Moog, now have manufacturing plants outside of the US. It's a simple economic reality. Foreign factories CAN make good parts, as long as the quality level is specified, and the extra cost figured into the equation.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:17 PM
ntfday
Pro

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

As others have said, pictures of the "junk" parts. Without pictures it never happened.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:18 PM
lucky1357
Racer

there was no name on the box....it was just the parts all thrown in a non labeled box...all loose.. the box did say Volunteer on it
Old 05-14-2019, 07:19 PM
lucky1357
Racer

yea..it never happened...like i made it up.trust me..better things to do
Old 05-14-2019, 07:27 PM
Stev-o
Drifting

Received 394 Likes on 270 Posts

This thread is worthless without pics.

If you were using "choice words", I dont blame them for hanging up on you! I would too...
Old 05-14-2019, 08:21 PM
Greg
Just another Corvette guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,835 Likes on 1,782 Posts

I have no dog in this fight but....
I would think a picture of any part would not necessarily make it possible to determine what the quality is when posted on the internet.
C'mon guys, most of you have bought enough parts from eBay or any of the Corvette suppliers, judged solely on the price and pictures provided; and once in a while one of them shows up and when you open the box and have the part in your hand, you say "Hmmmm? I really expected a better quality widget here". It looks/feels cheap, the casting quality is poor, etc. But if you take a picture of it and send it to a friend the lack of quality just may not transfer in a photo.
I have owned more than 50 Corvettes over the years and as such, I have spent 10,s of thousands of dollars with Corvette vendors. Sometimes things go wrong. 99% of the time they will do whatever possible to make it right. Mostly because nobody wants to get a good public thrashing like this one when things do go wrong. I wasn't a party to Lucky's conversation with this vendor so who's to say what drove him to use a few choice words? I hate to admit it, but I have (rarely) been guilty of that myself when I just can't seem to penetrate a salesperson's head over the phone.
If a vendors does happen fall into that ugly 1%, and I do come across them a couple times a year, no return calls regarding product issues, I will use the only defense left to me and make all my Corvette (or any other boards I frequent) brothers aware of my issue to spare them the same grief.
I've dealt with Wilcox and found them to be courteous and helpful, but they are a middle man supplier, they are certainly not infallible (none of them are) so it can get them in jeopardy in a situation like this when they have to reach out to another supplier to fill one of their orders. Ultimately, they took the buyer's money, they should be the ones to correct the buyer's issue. I hope they do.
Good luck to you Lucky, I'm sure you will hear from Ernie at Wilcox and he will find some way to accommodate you.
Greg
Old 05-14-2019, 08:43 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Moving thread to Transaction Feedback section, where these threads go.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:35 AM
lucky1357
Racer

so Id like to know who Ernie is..I presume the owner..??...on my initial call to Wilcox about my issue I asked to speak with the ultimate decision maker...a guy named Tommy told me that the owner dosnt talk to customers...
Old 05-15-2019, 08:52 AM
Gralls4771
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Everyone remember throughout this entire thread you have heard only one side of the story
Old 05-15-2019, 08:55 AM
NONN37
Melting Slicks

Received 239 Likes on 198 Posts

post some pics dude. Show us whats wrong with the parts. how/where they were shipped.

Get notified of new replies

To BAD exeperince with WILCOX

Old 05-15-2019, 10:54 AM
Tiger Joe
Drifting

Received 517 Likes on 343 Posts

yes Ernie is the owner.

Tommy is the guy that answered every call when I have called. honestly I've found him less than helpful at times. for a guy who's job it is to answer the phone, he sure comes off like he is annoyed by it. even when I didn't necessarily have any issue, he was pretty short with me.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:58 AM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

Sure I was pissed off and used a few choice words but I was trying to reel myself back in and approach it with a level head.
'nuff said. I'll bet if you're 100% honest it was more than 2 or 3 choice words. Probably more like you did a dump vent. I'm surprised they didn't just block your number on their phone system.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:01 AM
stingr69
Le Mans Master

Received 1,039 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by Gralls4771
Everyone remember throughout this entire thread you have heard only one side of the story
They are free step in any time and share with us.

Quick Reply: BAD exeperince with WILCOX